Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #2701
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley View Post
What does a draft beer cost out there at present? I'm assuming it's a pint or 16 ozs ?

Anything from 2:00 - 5:00 a pint depending on what, and where you are drinking.
2:00 a pint is cheap and from somewhere like a Wetherspoons chain Pub.... most pubs would probably be around 3:00 - 3:50 a pint ........and 5:00 a pint in a more expensive hotel.

So in US dollars about $ 5:50 on average .
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #2702
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Id-Jim View Post
Well, with airfare, a pint is pretty expensive!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #2703
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Nice ...but do you still also have the red boots!?
Red boots are long gone, although the boots I had on last weekend were red & black...does that count.

Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #2704
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
Quote:
It's less of a 'garage with home comforts' ...and more like a 'home...with a bike in it!'...... Sounds great.
When you will come in France with your honey and your darling (bike and wife or wife and bike make your choice ) you could take a beer in my "garage"...

that before we will eat a peace of meat with a good red wine. from my cave...
Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #2705
Neil Claydon
Don't follow me, I'm lost

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Neil Claydon

You may be interested to know - the Waverley is back home.....
I knew she was back from their website, nice to get the last trip of the year in though, wish I had been there.
I was amazed at the number of people on board during my trip who had been following her all round the coast for the summer. One couple my son and I spoke to had been on just about every trip this year, I suppose you would at least get value from the supporters group membership
I wonder if the winter overhaul will include repairing the accident damage to the forward port-side timber around the paddle box.
Sounthend Pier is a lot tuffer than a bit of timber it seems, standing on the pier imediatly above her as she docked I never even felt a tremor, saw the flying splinters though

Neil.
Neil Claydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #2706
bubu
Studly Adventurer

ready for this weekend with mud and gravels...

Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #2707
Swedener
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Hey Kamchat, just because you know the roads so well in Scotland..
I just want to check with you if Vicki Butler-Henderson is right when she says that the A 93 (Old Military Rd) is one of Great Britain's best roads to ride on. I saw her running towards Braemar, Cairngorms National Park, in the TV program Fifth Gear. I don't know if her statement was because she drove a Jaguar XJ Supersport. Anyway, it looked to be a lovely road :)
Swedener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #2708
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedener View Post
Hey Kamchat, just because you know the roads so well in Scotland..
I just want to check with you if Vicki Butler-Henderson is right when she says that the A 93 (Old Military Rd) is one of Great Britain's best roads to ride on. I saw her running towards Braemar, Cairngorms National Park, in the TV program Fifth Gear. I don't know if her statement was because she drove a Jaguar XJ Supersport. Anyway, it looked to be a lovely road :)

She's right - it IS a fantastic road ...there are some pics of us on it on page 26 of this thread (posts no.380 & 381) Blairgowrie - Braemar.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #2709
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Red boots are long gone, although the boots I had on last weekend were red & black...does that count.

Terry

Kind of - but still not as 'distinctive' as the originals ...
Old 11-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #2710
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
When you will come in France with your honey and your darling (bike and wife or wife and bike make your choice ) you could take a beer in my "garage"...

that before we will eat a peace of meat with a good red wine. from my cave...

Sounds good to me..... I hope to see the 'Bubu-Cave' one day.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #2711
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Claydon View Post
I knew she was back from their website, nice to get the last trip of the year in though, wish I had been there.
I was amazed at the number of people on board during my trip who had been following her all round the coast for the summer. One couple my son and I spoke to had been on just about every trip this year, I suppose you would at least get value from the supporters group membership
I wonder if the winter overhaul will include repairing the accident damage to the forward port-side timber around the paddle box.
Sounthend Pier is a lot tuffer than a bit of timber it seems, standing on the pier imediatly above her as she docked I never even felt a tremor, saw the flying splinters though

Neil.

Ooops! - hope the Captain had 'fully comp' insurance! Actually I was very impressed watching him reverse on to the jetty at Helensburgh perfectly ...must take some skill.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #2712
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Sounds good to me..... I hope to see the 'Bubu-Cave' one day.
When you want Man
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #2713
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Not many pics on here lately... so I decided to put up some from yesterday's ride!
After last weeks snow and down to -5C (during the day that is!) I already thought this years riding season over. BUT - yesterday brought a beautiful autumn day with sun, blue skies and temperatures around 15C in the valley!
So I took the bike to do the shopping and it felt so good that I spontaneously changed plans and went for a wee ride over some nice passes to Chamonix-Mont Blanc.
Mind you, I was riding in my leathers without any extra jacket and summer gloves. Not bad at all for November in the Alps. It got a bit chilly up the passes, but I had dry roads and sunshine all the way, garnished with those amazingly beautiful autumn colours.
(The only good thing about this tourist trap that is Chamonix was that they had a public toilet... )
Mighty Mont Blanc itself was pretty much covered in clouds, so I didn't take any pictures.
I still don't have a decent camera so please connive at the poor picture quality. And of course they are all still lifes...

Col de la Forclaz (beautiful road with most amazing views in all directions)

Somewhere in France, between Trient and Chamonix

I really do hope that there will be some more days for ride outs like that this year.
Right now the rain is pattering on the roof window... Cosy sunday afternoon.
If only I wouldn't have to work...

Cheers y'all.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #2714
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Not many pics on here lately... so I decided to put up some from yesterday's ride!
After last weeks snow and down to -5C (during the day that is!) I already thought this years riding season over. BUT - yesterday brought a beautiful autumn day with sun, blue skies and temperatures around 15C in the valley!
So I took the bike to do the shopping and it felt so good that I spontaneously changed plans and went for a wee ride over some nice passes to Chamonix-Mont Blanc.
Mind you, I was riding in my leathers without any extra jacket and summer gloves. Not bad at all for November in the Alps. It got a bit chilly up the passes, but I had dry roads and sunshine all the way, garnished with those amazingly beautiful autumn colours.
(The only good thing about this tourist trap that is Chamonix was that they had a public toilet... )
Mighty Mont Blanc itself was pretty much covered in clouds, so I didn't take any pictures.
I still don't have a decent camera so please connive at the poor picture quality. And of course they are all still lifes...

Col de la Forclaz (beautiful road with most amazing views in all directions)

Somewhere in France, between Trient and Chamonix

I really do hope that there will be some more days for ride outs like that this year.
Right now the rain is pattering on the roof window... Cosy sunday afternoon.
If only I wouldn't have to work...

Cheers y'all.
I miss these places!!! why did i go on Normandie...

Bloodyshit!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #2715
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
I miss these places!!! why did i go on Normandie...

Bloodyshit!!!!
What now!?
You moved??

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote