Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #31
doc917
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
i can't argue with that.but i must have done something right or must have looked half starved.they made me chips for free as the owner stated ...we know all scottish like chips + as athankyou for saying how good their food had been.p.s the chef looked like burt reynolds smokey=the bandit era.
doc917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #32
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,870
Two tranquil days up the Auroroute from Marrakech to Ceuta. Vincenzo didn't make the rendezvous in Rabat; he broke down again with ignition problems in Meknes.

Morocco has a final little kick in the pants for anyone taking this route, the N16 over and round Jbel Moussa. It's not that it's so tough but the wind up there ... you never know which direction it's going to come from next.

I'm back in Spain. Didn't get up to the Douro Valley in Portugal but saw a bit of southern and central Portugal. Into Madrid tomorrow, Bilbao on Monday and the ferry home on Tuesday.

Good trip!
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #33
Wildman OP
In my castle

Just as a footnote to this trip, I took a lesson how to ride in sand today in Dubai. Still damned difficult even on the right bike for the job, with the right tyres, at the right pressures.

Everything is shouting in your head to slow down but, as I competently demonstrated a couple of times in the first ten minutes, if you do you're going to stop half way up or come off at the top of that dune!

Eventually got it going pretty well but after less than an hour I was completely worn out. Fat and 54 or not, I now have added respect for the Dakar guys who do this sort of stuff all day for 14 days. Damed impressive.

Need to get fitter and get back here again.
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN

Wildman screwed with this post 12-02-2012 at 04:49 AM
Old 11-03-2012, 07:14 AM   #34
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,681
Thanks for the detailed report and all those great pics!!! Lucky bastige to have Europe and north africa within easy reach !!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #35
Wildman OP
In my castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Thanks for the detailed report and all those great pics!!! Lucky bastige to have Europe and north africa within easy reach !!

Old 11-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #36
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,376
yummi yummi yummi

I'm sure we're getting a front page out of that report!
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #37
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,788
Good stuff!

Old 11-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #38
macrae85
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc917 View Post
if you get a chance.stop at asilah.between rabat + tangier.nice chilled wee town.the people are brilliant,well they are to scotsmen,but i'm biased
I will bare that in mind!
macrae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #39
fordyski100
Carpet Man

Oddometer: 1
Fantastic

Great report . Looks fantastic.
I have a 1 month trip to Morocco booked with a buddy for April next year and this is our first visit to Morocco so any advice / suggestions would be really helpful.
fordyski100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #40
panzerrocket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353

Very interesting - thanks mate.
Now I've got to go to Morocco as well... damn.
Anymore pic's from the last leg in Morocco? I'd be very interested in seeing them.
panzerrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #41
Wildman OP
In my castle

Sorry, I didn't get the camera out nearly enough on this trip. I think this is the only pic I've not already posted:

Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #42
Wildman OP
In my castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordyski100 View Post
Great report . Looks fantastic.
I have a 1 month trip to Morocco booked with a buddy for April next year and this is our first visit to Morocco so any advice / suggestions would be really helpful.
Cheers! Proud to prompt the first post from another Man of Kent (or Kentish Man).