ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #16
t3rse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
You could...but it's more than a couple of blocks away...interstate overhead should make it easy enough to trace.
t3rse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Oddometer: 1,084
I think I rode over it today. Maybe I'll get a chance to find it tomorrow. I'll bring the scootercycle in case the hobos are out and I have to represent.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Domromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #18
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
grab and get the hell out...

Domromer, since you were willing to ride up to Myrtle beach, I'll play your Charleston game.

Vivian Anderson Moultrie Playground, King St.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #19
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Now, before we get to the the new tag, I'd like to ask a simple question with out stirring the pot. (we all know you can only post wit mal-intent on ADV, but try to understand this is only a question)
Question: Who are we referring to as "garage kept few hundred miles a year riders"? Personally, I just bought my first house with a garage a few weeks ago and I know I've done at least a few hundred miles since then. It seems like these alleged "Garagers" would be prime to play your Charleston game. I'm not sure I would want to alienate a potential group of players so early in the game. Good luck, I hope your Charleston game is successful.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #20
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Here's you new tag

Here's another one under a bridge. I wouldn't recommend launching a boat here, but some people do.

Disclaimer: you dirty minded Fu@ker$ are gonna love this one...

Marsh Tiger screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 08:50 AM
Old 11-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #21
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

What I take from Ter3e comment was most of us are already riding all the time anyways. A tag doesn't have to be a 300 mile round trip to make it worth doing. Yesterday riding to Georgetown to grab that tag on my way to Wilmington was fun. But I also think it would be fun to grab and place a few local tags in the week that don't require a long ride. It seems other people were trying to make the point that you must not like to ride if you aren't willing to ride a few hours for the tag. Where as I think most of the people in Charleston playing the game are commuters and it's more like grabbing a tag while your out doing your day to day thing anyways. Don't know if that made any sense. I just had two sticky buns and a large coffee so I'm on a bit of a sugar high. Speaking of your tag on way just on my way to grab that one. Glad you decide to try the local game. My feelings are if people want to play it they will and the thread will take off. If not it will die. Democracy in it's truest form.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851060 ... A desert rat explores the south.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #22
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
What I take from Ter3e comment was most of us are already riding all the time anyways. A tag doesn't have to be a 300 mile round trip to make it worth doing. Yesterday riding to Georgetown to grab that tag on my way to Wilmington was fun. But I also think it would be fun to grab and place a few local tags in the week that don't require a long ride. It seems other people were trying to make the point that you must not like to ride if you aren't willing to ride a few hours for the tag. Where as I think most of the people in Charleston playing the game are commuters and it's more like grabbing a tag while your out doing your day to day thing anyways. Don't know if that made any sense. I just had two sticky buns and a large coffee so I'm on a bit of a sugar high. Speaking of your tag on way just on my way to grab that one. Glad you decide to try the local game. My feelings are if people want to play it they will and the thread will take off. If not it will die. Democracy in it's truest form.

I see your point. And I agree. I still think you will enjoy the NA wild card Tag O Rama, give it a try.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #23
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
It seems other people were trying to make the point that you must not like to ride if you aren't willing to ride a few hours for the tag.
I didn't think anyone was trying to make that point.

Enjoy you're sugar high.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #24
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji View Post
I didn't think anyone was trying to make that point.

Enjoy you're sugar high.
I must have misinterpreted it then. Either way.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #25
bronco6.5
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79

Under the northbridge, off sam rittenburg.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #26
Domromer OP
Desert Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco6.5 View Post

Under the northbridge, off sam rittenburg.

Nice grab, can you believe this nice weather.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #27
t3rse
Adventurer

I see this game as a means of A) encouraging people to ride to places they normally wouldn't, and B) encouraging people to document their endeavours. It would seem to me, the more active games running in parallel, the more likely you would be to get people not normally interested in playing to go document a tag a few blocks from them, and possibly get them engaged in the game. I don't see having more games as a problem, but simply giving the members here more chances to put his or her mark on the game. Maybe I missed the mark.... Like I said, I'll be riding whether I take pictures or not.

The reason some of the tags seemed to linger, is because they were further than a lot of people were willing to go for a day ride. I would normally not care about putting these miles on my bike, but I'm not made of money, and chains, tires, oil, fuel, cams, valves, piston rings, main/rod bearings, tranny dogs, gears, clutches, etc are all consumable parts. Because I'm a maintenance Nazi, I do my valve adjustments every 6k miles, and the more I ride without good reason, the quicker I have to replace parts, tackle big tasks, and the more money I spend to see places that I likely couldn't give two shits about seeing. If this game is the motivation some people need to get out and ride, that's great. I don't need motivation, so I'll play when it's convenient.

I really wasn't trying to harp on anyone. It's not like I'm talking to a group of Harley owners that spend more time polishing their heavy chrome behemoths than putting time into developing adequate skills. It just seems like (and this is the American way), that the people complaining aren't the people contributing.

So if anyone took offense to anything I said, I'm sorry--that you have thin skin.

Now, this last tag--I have no idea where this is. I looked at the map trying to located off the bridge, but I'm pretty stumped. I was figuring with the dirty minded comment that either the name of area has some sexual connotation, or that it's near a titty bar....namely Jaguars, but the scenery doesn't look quite right....
Old 11-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #28
bronco6.5
Adventurer

Keeping the theme of 'under bridges', or 'places crackheads may hang out'
Here's a new tag:
There's a railroad track right behind me here, and the next bridge has a real boat landing.
Also it's been established that my geography sucks, but I think this is still in charleston county. Over the next bridge(this is more like an overpass), I think Berkeley county starts.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #29
bronco6.5
Adventurer

It's maybe 4 miles west, then 5 miles south of the previous tag.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #30
t3rse
Adventurer

I know where this one is! Too bad I don't have time to grab it.