Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #2716
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
When you will come in France with your honey and your darling (bike and wife or wife and bike make your choice ) you could take a beer in my "garage"...

that before we will eat a peace of meat with a good red wine. from my cave...

Sounds good to me..... I hope to see the 'Bubu-Cave' one day.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #2717
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Claydon View Post
I knew she was back from their website, nice to get the last trip of the year in though, wish I had been there.
I was amazed at the number of people on board during my trip who had been following her all round the coast for the summer. One couple my son and I spoke to had been on just about every trip this year, I suppose you would at least get value from the supporters group membership
I wonder if the winter overhaul will include repairing the accident damage to the forward port-side timber around the paddle box.
Sounthend Pier is a lot tuffer than a bit of timber it seems, standing on the pier imediatly above her as she docked I never even felt a tremor, saw the flying splinters though

Neil.

Ooops! - hope the Captain had 'fully comp' insurance! Actually I was very impressed watching him reverse on to the jetty at Helensburgh perfectly ...must take some skill.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #2718
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Sounds good to me..... I hope to see the 'Bubu-Cave' one day.
When you want Man
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #2719
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Not many pics on here lately... so I decided to put up some from yesterday's ride!
After last weeks snow and down to -5C (during the day that is!) I already thought this years riding season over. BUT - yesterday brought a beautiful autumn day with sun, blue skies and temperatures around 15C in the valley!
So I took the bike to do the shopping and it felt so good that I spontaneously changed plans and went for a wee ride over some nice passes to Chamonix-Mont Blanc.
Mind you, I was riding in my leathers without any extra jacket and summer gloves. Not bad at all for November in the Alps. It got a bit chilly up the passes, but I had dry roads and sunshine all the way, garnished with those amazingly beautiful autumn colours.
(The only good thing about this tourist trap that is Chamonix was that they had a public toilet... )
Mighty Mont Blanc itself was pretty much covered in clouds, so I didn't take any pictures.
I still don't have a decent camera so please connive at the poor picture quality. And of course they are all still lifes...

Col de la Forclaz (beautiful road with most amazing views in all directions)

Somewhere in France, between Trient and Chamonix

I really do hope that there will be some more days for ride outs like that this year.
Right now the rain is pattering on the roof window... Cosy sunday afternoon.
If only I wouldn't have to work...

Cheers y'all.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #2720
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Not many pics on here lately... so I decided to put up some from yesterday's ride!
After last weeks snow and down to -5C (during the day that is!) I already thought this years riding season over. BUT - yesterday brought a beautiful autumn day with sun, blue skies and temperatures around 15C in the valley!
So I took the bike to do the shopping and it felt so good that I spontaneously changed plans and went for a wee ride over some nice passes to Chamonix-Mont Blanc.
Mind you, I was riding in my leathers without any extra jacket and summer gloves. Not bad at all for November in the Alps. It got a bit chilly up the passes, but I had dry roads and sunshine all the way, garnished with those amazingly beautiful autumn colours.
(The only good thing about this tourist trap that is Chamonix was that they had a public toilet... )
Mighty Mont Blanc itself was pretty much covered in clouds, so I didn't take any pictures.
I still don't have a decent camera so please connive at the poor picture quality. And of course they are all still lifes...

Col de la Forclaz (beautiful road with most amazing views in all directions)

Somewhere in France, between Trient and Chamonix

I really do hope that there will be some more days for ride outs like that this year.

Cheers y'all.
I miss these places!!! why did i go on Normandie...

Bloodyshit!!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #2721
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
I miss these places!!! why did i go on Normandie...

Bloodyshit!!!!
What now!?
You moved??

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #2722
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
What now!?
You moved??
Yes i have moved since spetember, for the job...

Now i am in Normandie, but i will be back in the alps.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #2723
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping

Oddometer: 314
Quote:

Cheers y'all.
WOW! Love that pic! I was just in the mountains of Colorado last month with my bike and am wishing I didn't have to work either! If it's OK with you Kamchat, I could post a few pics.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #2724
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMoto View Post
WOW! Love that pic! I was just in the mountains of Colorado last month with my bike and am wishing I didn't have to work either! If it's OK with you Kamchat, I could post a few pics.

No, I don't mind ...as I have said to others, - I don't mind if folk want to post a few pics on here. If they want to post loads of pics then that would be different as it would change the essence of the thread (which is about Scottish rideouts) .. in which case they would be better starting a new thread dedicated to their own pics ... but a few pics from various other places adds a bit of variety.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #2725
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I still don't have a decent camera so please connive at the poor picture quality. And of course they are all still lifes..e that there will be some more days for ride outs like that this year.

Cheers y'all.

Hi mate ..good to see you managed to get out in some stunning scenery (great pics). I am jealous! 15C and dry roads! ...... We managed to get out for a run yesterday too but - ugh! - it was 150 miles of wet greasy roads and 4C ...It was good to get a ride but we were filthy and frozen by the time we got back ...first stop had to be to the 'Jet Wash' at a nearby garage. It was as if we had been doing Moto-X!

These from our lunch stop..... Graeme's Panigale and Garry's S1000RR...

I discovered that my 'Power One' track day tires with their minimal tread pattern (none on the sides) was not the ideal choice of tyres for such conditions... with the rear spinning up exiting a few of the bends (clenched buttocks and a very gentle right wrist were the 'order of the day' )

Did I say 'it was as if we went Off- roading' .................some did ....

Snow back on the hills.. on ills ....
Old 11-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #2726
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

We had to get back by 4:30, before dark, because 4C was cold enough ..and Gary has no lights......
Old 11-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #2727
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Our intrepid band ...just five bikes yesterday ...but considering it's past the end of our 'riding season' and the conditions it was a decent turnout.

I strongly suspect that will be our last 'organised rideout' of the year ...... but I live in hope that next Sunday may be dry and warmer....... - ever the optimist (fool)!

ps No 'riding ' pics from yesterday - a) it was too cold for any 'gloveless action' and b) the lense would have just got covered in wet grime.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #2728
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping

Oddometer: 314
Here's a couple of pics from the "Highlands". Not the Scottish ones, but I'm typing this with my best Scottish accent!

Pike's Peak where the Hill Climb is run.

Continental just came out with TKC-80s in the size for my bike just before this trip, so I had to get them dirty! It just so happens that the tires are the same size used on a 750 gixer in case Sarah wants to be the first woman to ride one around the world!

Should you wish to see more, here's a video from the trip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN-Bp_gi2ac
Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #2729
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,579
Don't know how you guys ride in that cold weather...12c is about my limit, in yhe previous post you said Gary had no lights...don't you have to ride with the lights on in Scotland ? Here in Australia lights are hard wired to be on all the time.

So what's the plans for winter...push bike rides ? I'm off for a mid week ride today (23c) & next Sundays ride should be in lovely 28c...just right, last Sunday was mid 30's so on the way to summer here in Aus.

Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #2730
Matt 82
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Don't know how you guys ride in that cold weather...12c is about my limit, in yhe previous post you said Gary had no lights...don't you have to ride with the lights on in Scotland ? Here in Australia lights are hard wired to be on all the time.
Modern road bikes do have lights wired on these days. EU regulations I believe.

The no-lights bike was discussed earlier in the thread. Since it has no lights, you can tax it for daytime use only. This only applies to bikes without lights. Not lights that don't work. It's also dark by 4pm here at this time of year so it's far from ideal..

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote