ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #13216
SQ Beemer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamotovita View Post
Hey Mtn Dawg
We'll see you down there, I should get there about the same time.
Rock Dawg
That is a beautiful portrait.
SQ Beemer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #13217
mntdawg
NOT FRAGILE OR GREEN

Oddometer: 829
Snowbird ready to fly...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamotovita View Post
Hey Mtn Dawg
We'll see you down there, I should get there about the same time.
Rock Dawg
That is good to hear. I have a nice list of projects to do, a few that I am a little nervous to do solo.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #13218
goodtimes
local bum

Oddometer: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ Beemer View Post
I have had the Grand Canyon on my mind. Haven't been there since I was 4 or 5 years old.

South area, pretty tame down here. I was considering switching to a hotel in the north part of town, but I'm not a diva about hotel rooms and enjoy saving a couple bucks. That reminds me, I should probably book my room. No flight or rental turd for this trip. :)
They don't let hooligans or white trash north of River Rd - so all the fun is on the south side.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #13219
alaskasail
Never Owned a Harley

Oddometer: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ Beemer View Post
I am going to be in Tucson for work for two weeks, then I am riding out of Tucson on Thursday, November 15. I will be stopping and seeing some friends for dinner in Phoenix that evening, and continuing on.

Should I go north or west?

Anyone want to grab a beer while I am around for the next couple of weeks?
Stick around until after the weekend and meet us up in Arivaca for the yearly (2nd) Outback. We'll do some riding around the back roads along the Mexican border, do some tech stuff and eat BBQ and sourdough pancakes on Sunday. I'm going to get another post up for that in a few minutes.

-
Old 11-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #13220
alaskasail
Never Owned a Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2MT View Post
This 1st (annual?) event at Andy's home is not necessarily just for KLR riders. Alot of planning has gone into this by others and I for one will be there Friday-Monday. I will be on the XR. The more the merrier as there are LOTS of roads and trails in the area in all directions.

We'll do it again on the weekend of November 17th 2012. If you want to come up early that's fine. I'll provide a BBQ Sat nite and sourdough pancakes Sunday morning. The Arabac Cafe, Sweet Peas, and the La Gitana all serve food so no one will starve.

I'll clean up the shop area for Tech work and keep the backhoe on standby for emergency burials, but I think this is best handled as a get together without structure.

I'm going to hire someone to help with the food and cleanup so I may pass the hat if we get a big turn out.

I'll turn the house into a bunkhouse and the new place will provide shelter for more folks. I hope to have elec. water and sewer in before the meet. If you require bedding I have some of that too.

Invite your friends whatever the ride or drive and let have some fun.

- Andy
Old 11-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #13221
alaskasail
Never Owned a Harley

Arivaca Outback

-

OK, It's official: We'll do another ARIVACA OUTBACK on the weekend of November 17th 2012. For last year's report see (http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthr...70#post1073270.

If you want to come up early that's fine. I'll provide a BBQ Sat nite and sourdough pancakes Sunday morning. The Arabac Cafe, Sweet Peas, and the La Gitana all serve food so no one will starve.

We're at 18170 Arivaca/Sasabe Road, 85601.

To get there, take I-19 south to the Arivaca exit, drive up to town and keep going on (right) towards Sasabe. In two miles you will find a driveway at the 10 mile marker: right again and up to the house(s). You can also come the back way via I-10 to Ajo to Three Points, turn left and head towards Sasabe. Take the Arivaca road to mile marker ten and there's the drive on your left just before it.

I'll clean up the shop area for Tech work and keep the backhoe on standby for emergency burials, but I think this is best handled as a get together without structure.

I'm going to hire someone to help with the food and cleanup so I may pass the hat if we get a big turn out.

I'll turn the house into a bunkhouse and the new place will provide shelter for more folks. I hope to have elec. water and sewer in the new place before the meet. If you require bedding I have some of that too.

This was originally a KLR650 thing, but we had all sorts of different rides last year and that's just fine. Invite your friends whatever they ride or drive and lets have some fun.

What the place looks like:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1065483...utbackArivaca#

https://picasaweb.google.com/1003216...LittleFarther#

-
Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #13222
Vanhalen1985
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Looking for bike

If anyone knows of anyone getting rid of a lightly used/non-abused DRZ400, DR650, or a XR650L please let me know. Looking to get back active into the sport but not really wanting to take the hit of a new bike price. Thanks Brian
Brian.faris@topper.wku.edu
Vanhalen1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #13223
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,480
Dillon has got a very new looking crf450x , 05 model in his shop for sale. I think he said around 3 grand. I know it's not one of your listed bikes, but its a good deal on a great bike.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #13224
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,948
Who's Dillon? What shop? (Just curious)

Anybody know of a good place to rent a small, cheap cabin up around 191? I was going to try to do it in a day, but I think I may try to do an overnight, maybe oracle to globe the through showlow to springerville and back to Tucson. Or up to Springerville, spend the night then loop back to Tucson the next day.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #13225
Lonerrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Who's Dillon? What shop? (Just curious)

Anybody know of a good place to rent a small, cheap cabin up around 191? I was going to try to do it in a day, but I think I may try to do an overnight, maybe oracle to globe the through showlow to springerville and back to Tucson. Or up to Springerville, spend the night then loop back to Tucson the next day.
Stay in Alpine, it's just about half way and either right after or right before the twisty parts. Sportmans lodge is always a good place to stay. Of course, you'll have to get a burger at bear wallow.

Tyler
Lonerrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #13226
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,480
dillon owns zen moto in scottsdale. he's in the west networking thread, or you can do a google search. great guy to deal with.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #13227
Vanhalen1985
Adventurer

Thanks Seabee! I would normally jump all over the 450X but I'd like to get something I can use to take my gf on short rides on.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #13228
Vanhalen1985
Adventurer

Need your Expertise

Not really looking to buy new but it's certainly an option. I really like the idea of knowing where my bike's been instead of guessing about it's possibly abusive past.

I stopped by RideNow this past Sunday and looked a 2012 DR650. I really like the bike, (I prefer the sportiness of the DRZ400 but it's not passenger friendly). The sticker price is 5899 but they tell me they will work with me on the price. They will be getting the 2013 models very shortly which works nicely to my advantage. My question is, What would be the most I could reasonably ask for them to come off the price? I've never bought anything new and truly don't know where to start. Is asking them to drop 500 reasonable? They say they are aggressive about selling it to make room for the 2013's. Please give me some advice.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #13229
HoosierTrailmaster
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,382
10% is quite fair...remember they will hit you with tax and prep which will be 600-$700.
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #13230
Vanhalen1985
Adventurer

Fortunately I'm military so I get the "In Lieu" of tax form so that's 9% I don't have to pay!