ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
To Jeff, the tank on my DRZ400s is a Clark tank that will hold 4 gallons of fuel. On the road I can get over 60mpg at 55-60mph. In the woods over 50 for sure.
You must have enjoyed those knobbies yesterday. Yes they do make a difference. But you'll kill them on the pavement. Especially the front in my case. But hey that's price we pay for traction in the dirty bits.

To Bob, the rider was fine. But difficult to position a GS that way. Not a finger was lifted though. Rider just got the front of his suit dirty. We all could laugh about it afterwards. How it managed to end up like that is a one in a million shot. I think he should go buy a lotto ticket. He lost control on what appeared to be solid ground with no rocks. The direction of travel was perpendicular to the bike's resting position. The handlebars dug in and with just enough momentum the bike started to flip but stayed up as pictured. The tail luggage gave it a nice solid and flat footing. Weird doesn't describe it.

coarsegoldkid screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 12:42 PM
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote