Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #16
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
The SAS does effect A/F ratios as it is upstream from the o2 sensors. One would think that when it is on the ECU would consider this. But then again KTM is not known for there fueling strategy. Take the SAS off. Sounds like your idle is too lean when warm. Two things you can do that might help. While warming up your bike track the temps of the radiator with your IR gun. Make note of the temp when the idle changes and what RPM it goes to. There is an idle map in TuneEcu you can adjust. Save your map. Load an Akra map and see if it idles well. If it does you can either cutand paste just the idle numbers on to your map or just go in and match them. Run your bike with TuneEcu open and watch what cells your in during idle. Most Akra maps are in the 12's from idle to 100%. Somewhere between the Akra numbers and your stock map is where you will end up.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
BigTony OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Ah good info there TahoeACR - that makes sense about the SAS - it makes sense that pumping fresh air in front of the O2s would cause a change in overall AFR. Weird that this isn't compensated by the ECU tho. That is definitely the best argument to remove SAS. I told myself I wouldn't remove smog equip on this bike because I've always regretted it somewhat on previous bikes but I may just have to go that route here.

I'll try your suggestions with the idle settings - sounds straightforward enough. It does idle better with the Akra map. The throttle body balance is also different with that map which I found interesting.
BigTony is offline   Reply With Quote