Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #181
K0m4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
No he doesn't suck, and yes the sport will miss him.. but I still really don't get, what is it, that all of a sudden made him the greatest EVER?? Is it "you're only as good as your last race" - well, his latest was undoubtedly a spectacle, but still there's two riders in front of him in points and race wins this year. Even if he had not injured himself, he could've found himself 3rd in the championship.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
But you sure have a lot to say about it. Strange.
You seem to have nothing to say, and yet you post. Even stranger.

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #182
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
This.

You seem to have nothing to say, and yet you post. Even stranger.
i am not saying that Casey Stoner is the greatest ever.All I am saying he is ONE of the greatest(maybe fastest is a better word to use) ever.Race wins,poles,fastest laps are high proportion of his total laps
.That is all
Old 11-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #183
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,820
After his sublime performance at PI, maybe some people got just a little too excited? I mean, it was great, there's no denying, but it was still one friggin race, no more, no less. Rossi, when still riding a Honda, once pulled a +10 second gap on the field seemingly at will on that very same track, when he got info he was gonna get a time penalty for passing under yellow flag.

It's the results - over the whole season - that count. To be very fast, but also keep out of trouble, and even settle for 2nd, when you have to. Stoner didn't do that at Sachsenring, and took a DNF. Yeah, it's a fine line, and everyone sometimes fails. For me, all in all Lorenzo has been the most impressive rider this year because he hasn't stepped over that line, not even once.

Pecha72 screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 03:29 AM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #184
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
Quote:
After his sublime performance at PI, maybe some people got just a little too excited? I mean, it was great, there's no denying, but it was still one friggin race, no more, no less. Rossi, when still riding a Honda, once pulled a +10 second gap on the field seemingly at will on that very same track, when he got info he was gonna get a time penalty for passing under yellow flag.

It's the results - over the whole season - that count. To be very fast, but also keep out of trouble, and even settle for 2nd, when you have to. Stoner didn't do that at Sachsenring, and took a DNF. Yeah, it's a fine line, and everyone sometimes fails. For me, all in all Lorenzo has been the most impressive rider this year because he hasn't stepped over that line, not even once.
I think this debate is about CS's speed. Many of us think he is the fastest motorcycle racer ever... Not unlike Fast Freddie was in his day.

Jorge has become the most consistant racer, but that ain't what we are arguing about.

Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #185
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,947
Quote:

all in all Lorenzo has been the most impressive rider this year because he hasn't stepped over that line, not even once.
Yeah, but he's a jerk on a better ride, Casy's a nice guy and about the most up front honest guy out there. That's what this 'discussion' is really about.

Having said that, Lorenzo sometimes seems to be mellowing a bit.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #186
Rd650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Casey is very fast, if he stuck around a while me might get around PI faster than Nicky did.
Rd650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #187
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,481
This thread took an interesting turn. Apparently two weeks is too long between races. Could be a very entertaining off-season on the internet.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #188
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
this thread took an interesting turn. Apparently two weeks is too long between races. Could be a very nauseating off-season on the internet.
ftfy
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #189
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,820
Luckily its just 6 days until we get to see, who really is fastest. With the championship decided and all, so no excuses for anyone. No Stoner after that will be a big loss, hoping his last race is a good one.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #190
protondecay123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
These races are good for preparing riders for the AMA SBK and maybe even WSS and WSBK, but not for Grand Prix. In Holland, for example, there is the NSF 100 cup, then a Yamaha R125 Cup, and then the Moriwaki Cup.

The NSF100 cup costs 1000 euros a season. The Yamaha cup costs 4K per season, and the Moriwaki cup is the most expensive, racing MD250Hs, which is not far off a basic Moto3 bike. That costs a lot, maybe 20K euros a season.

I don't see anything similar in the US, but that could be down to my own ignorance, rather than a lack of a class.

Like I said, I see them more heading into WSS than Moto2. The bikes are a considerably different, and not many riders have made the transition from a production racer to a Moto2 bike very well.

It is true, though, that the main way in right now is to come to Europe. Hard to make the transfer from a national series to the world stage.
I think if you look back at racers from America that have done well in the Premier Class Roadracing Series historically, we have never had a similar series to the Premier Class as far as how the bike is set up or technical rules for the bike. A Current example is Nicky Hayden raced the dirt track series. Kenny Roberts even had Jorge out at his dirt track a year or so back for some training.
So I don't think that we necessarily have to have a series like that to develop the talent. I think Ben Spies is a relatively good example of that. He won the WSB Championship year 1.
What has dramatically changed is the sponsorship. There is no more Marlboro, Lucky Strike which were American Tobacco Companies.
Ben Spies actually got into MotoGP via Yamaha USA sponsorship IIRC. That's what I see as one of the problems ( an not that there aren't plenty ) for Dorna in developing a true Global Premier Class Motorcycle Championship is having the regional sponsors .
I've often wondered, since Repsol (Spanish) will sponsor a team, why not Exxon/Mobil, Conoco, Royal Dutch Shell or other major oil companies ( though I realize that the factory Yamaha does have some oil company sponsorship)? Petronas dropped their sponsorship a year or so back.
There are good racers on every continent but the avenue to MotoGP is paved by gold lined pockets (sponsorship). Making the race series more affordable is important, but developing marketing strategies and corporate alliances in the spirit of Repsol Honda would really make more of a difference and would make the Premier Class racings series more stable and viable in the long run. .
What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been!

protondecay123 screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 09:06 PM
protondecay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #191
MOLAHS
Sisyphus

Oddometer: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
A table of wins per season for 2006 to 2012, the seasons Stoner was competing in MotoGP:

Code:
    Rossi    Stoner    Lorenzo    Pedrosa
2006    5    0    0    2
2007    4    10    0    2
2008    9    6    1    2
2009    6    4    4    2
2010    2    3    9    4
2011    0    10    3    3
2012    0    5    6    6
total    26    38    23    21
Notes:

2006, Stoner was on a satellite LCR Honda
Lorenzo didn't enter the class until 2008
2009 Stoner DNF in 4 races, 3 from sickness and one from falling on the warm up lap,(turnip truck syndrome) Preceeding the 3 races he was out for lactose intolerance he was obviously feeling the affects of that sickness during the US, German and British MotoGP's. He lost the championship by 86 points riding a bike that no one since has managed to ride competitively. Perhaps others can comment with more knowledge on his decision to leave Ducati but it would appear that Ducati's attitude towards his illness was a contributing factor.
MOLAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #192
slowbike smallpenis
Tester of Tooheys Old

Oddometer: 19,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Whatever point it is you are trying to make, if I agree to it will you shut up?
I think its time for some light entertainment .... Is this lass wearing ..

a - Panties
b - G String
c -yeh baby?

Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #193
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,728
Thank god, this thread has been saved!

B if she's a nice girl
C if she's naughty.
Dagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #194
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,474
I hate to break it to you, I think it's transvestite.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #195
dirt_bloke
No idea

Oddometer: 871
I'm sure whoever she's finished with would be a quivering lump of jelly, silently sobbing in the corner of the room and looking like a stunned mullet.

I'd go 'C' :)

Green flag there team!
(yet)
dirt_bloke is online now   Reply With Quote