ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #691
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
To Jeff, the tank on my DRZ400s is a Clark tank that will hold 4 gallons of fuel. On the road I can get over 60mpg at 55-60mph. In the woods over 50 for sure.
You must have enjoyed those knobbies yesterday. Yes they do make a difference. But you'll kill them on the pavement. Especially the front in my case. But hey that's price we pay for traction in the dirty bits.

To Bob, the rider was fine. But difficult to position a GS that way. Not a finger was lifted though. Rider just got the front of his suit dirty. We all could laugh about it afterwards. How it managed to end up like that is a one in a million shot. I think he should go buy a lotto ticket. He lost control on what appeared to be solid ground with no rocks. The direction of travel was perpendicular to the bike's resting position. The handlebars dug in and with just enough momentum the bike started to flip but stayed up as pictured. The tail luggage gave it a nice solid and flat footing. Weird doesn't describe it.

coarsegoldkid screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 11:42 AM
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #692
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
Yup, I had to do a double take when I arrived, then after it registered in my pea brain I started looking for what I thought was going to be a very injured rider. He was fine but told me later his pride was hurt

Joe, you had enough fuel for the whole gang yesterday, I was wondering about the WR tank, it looked awful small.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #693
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
You guys looked like you had a good ride despite the inverted maneuvering, we all have days we just can't explain!

Thinking about riding Wednesday before the weather turns, anyone interested I am up for most anything but was thinking about a little recon work around Anderson Flats area and Yosemite NP area!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #694
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Thinking about riding Wednesday before the weather turns, anyone interested I am up for most anything but was thinking about a little recon work around Anderson Flats area and Yosemite NP area!
[/QUOTE]

Funny you should mention Anderson Flats, I was there yesterday. In the shady spots not much dust, allmost damp, in sunny spots there was a little dust. Went from Sonora to Buck Meadows via Clavey River Canyon. Lunch at Buck Meadows then up to Trumbull Peak, down to Groveland, Wards Ferry Rd. back to Sonora. Fun day.

LaPorte

LaPorte screwed with this post 11-05-2012 at 03:14 PM
LaPorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #695
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,409
Tony I am up for a good ride.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #696
LaPorte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
Tony I am up for a good ride.
Gary

I am leaving for Baja tomorrow on a 8 to 10 day trip. A group of 12 younger guys did a kick ass, 9 day ride in Baja. They went from Catavina to Cabo Pulmo. They will fly back on Tuesday. Myself and tow others and flying down tomorrow and driving the chase vehicles/trailes/bikes back to the bay area. I am to old to be invited on serrious ride's like this one, but I still can dirve the trucks back. So it's SEA FOOD and BEER for a few days. That's not too bad!!!!!!!! Oh and the young rider are paying for our trip.
When I get back let's talk!!!!!!

Tony
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #697
Daryl D
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Yup, I had to do a double take when I arrived, then after it registered in my pea brain I started looking for what I thought was going to be a very injured rider. He was fine but told me later his pride was hurt

Joe, you had enough fuel for the whole gang yesterday, I was wondering about the WR tank, it looked awful small.

Jeff,

The WR does have the stock tank. It holds 1.9 gal. I tested it soon after I got it and ran it dry. I got 122 miles before it died. I ran it like normal not trying to baby it for best gas mileage with some highway some fireroad.
I get somewhere around 61 MPG.
I usually carry two metal fuel bottles of 30oz. This gives me another 28 miles.

Daryl
Daryl D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #698
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl D View Post
Jeff,

The WR does have the stock tank. It holds 1.9 gal. I tested it soon after I got it and ran it dry. I got 122 miles before it died. I ran it like normal not trying to baby it for best gas mileage with some highway some fireroad.
I get somewhere around 61 MPG.
I usually carry two metal fuel bottles of 30oz. This gives me another 28 miles.

Daryl
That's pretty good! Its the same as my Husky but I only get about 75 per tank, I do have an external tank now that gives me almost another gallon.

We should put something together soon.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #699
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Jeff, PM me with your phone number.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #700
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
Jeff, PM me with your phone number.
Done
Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #701
Daryl D
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
That's pretty good! Its the same as my Husky but I only get about 75 per tank, I do have an external tank now that gives me almost another gallon.

We should put something together soon.
Yep..let me know
Daryl D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #702
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Joe,
Enjoyed the ride yesterday, hope you made it home before dark.....Seems the weather would have been ok for today too...

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #703
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Today only colder. The wife and I were up in Mariposa around noon. Chilly then.
Yeah the riding on Wednesday was very enjoyable. I got home before dark. Took a short nap watching the news. Works every time. The next time maybe we can get some of the other riders in this board to join in.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #704
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok so the snow was a day late!
Might try to ride next week too, have to check the weather and trail conditions!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Old 11-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #705
coarsegoldkid
Gnarly Adventurer

Bruce here is a pic from last weeks ride.

For those unfamiliar with the Sierra that is El Capitan, Cloud's Rest, and Half Dome in Yosemite Valley as seen from Soapstone Ridge Road in the Stanislaus National Forest.

coarsegoldkid screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 01:05 PM Reason: just added some text