Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #136
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarmoose View Post
Give a shout if you ever get north to Fairbanks, or at least check in on the Alaska page for tips on where to stay and etc.
And then there's the D2D in Dawson City Yukon in June.

Now I'm going to read your RR about your ride south on the Buell. The first page hooked me in.
We're done riding bikes here and its too early to ride sled so time for a good read.
David
Thanks Solarmoose. If I ever get up to your part of the world I'll look you up and quiz you on the best things to see.

Bikes are all put away here as well *sigh*, and I am making lists of what each bike needs.

I hope you enjoy the Buell RR. I sure enjoyed doing it :)
BC Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #137
jimbowie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Bikes put awa?. Bummer.

Hey Brian,

Sorry to hear the end of riding season has come for you. I was a little cool here today. It only got to 68 or 69 degrees.I went for a 2 hour ride after work. Still working on learning the Explorer. Almost 2000 miles on it now. Gee, it sure is easy to put the miles on when the weather is so nice. Sandra and I just wanted to say hi. Take it easy and get all those bikes ready for next Spring.

Just remember, a government big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take away all you have. Davy Crockett
jimbowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #138
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie View Post
Hey Brian,

Sorry to hear the end of riding season has come for you. I was a little cool here today. It only got to 68 or 69 degrees.I went for a 2 hour ride after work. Still working on learning the Explorer. Almost 2000 miles on it now. Gee, it sure is easy to put the miles on when the weather is so nice. Sandra and I just wanted to say hi. Take it easy and get all those bikes ready for next Spring.
Yeah, winter comes early in this part of the world. I put the tire chains on my tractor already to plow snow (we have about a foot or so already, but some might melt today and tomorrow)

Sounds like chilly riding weather. I hope you wore a coat

I have been reading quite a bit on the Exlporer (Am finally catching up on all my bike subscritions afteer being away)
and after seeing yours, I think I want one (actually, there aren't many bikes I DON'T want )

Hi back atcha and Sandra.

Enjoy the above 32 weather
Old 11-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #139
BigChris99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Brian, All I can do is add another thank you to the ever growing list. Thank you for taking us along on your ride with that

sweet motorcycle. May you two have many more miles together.

IBA#7849

1997 Honda Valkyrie, 1998 Kawasaki KLR 650
BigChris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 AM   #140
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 850
I wanted to add my thanks for sharing your trip. It was a fantastic run and the family celebration was "icing on the cake" literally and figuratively. Your comments have me pondering that we went to different schools together

Forwarding a link to this RR to a couple of other old timers that keep their shovels alive and I know they will love reading this.

Cheers and Safe Travels

bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #141
WaywardSon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Truly enjoyed the report...and thank you for taking the time to post it up. If you manage to find yourself in my neck of the woods, give me a shout. Got food, shelter & beer...be pleased to meet you.
'83 Yamaha Venture- Gone
'78 Suzuki GS 750- Gone
WaywardSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #142
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChris99 View Post
Brian, All I can do is add another thank you to the ever growing list. Thank you for taking us along on your ride with that

sweet motorcycle. May you two have many more miles together.
Hey BigChriss99

Thank you for your.... ummm...... thank yous

It was a great ride and I am glad you came along for the ride.

The old bike was great, and there are many,many....... many more miles in her.

And..... when I wear her out, I can rebuild her and start all over again. (actually, if I keep on riding her on long trips like this she willl eventually be a new bike)
Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #143
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
I wanted to add my thanks for sharing your trip. It was a fantastic run and the family celebration was "icing on the cake" literally and figuratively. Your comments have me pondering that we went to different schools together

Forwarding a link to this RR to a couple of other old timers that keep their shovels alive and I know they will love reading this.

Cheers and Safe Travels

Thanks bobw

It was an awesome ride and making it to her b'day party was pretty great. I told her I would try, but no guarantees. She was pretty stoked that I made it.

We may well have gone to different schools together. Let me check my old pictures and see if I don't have any photos of you

That makes me think of the old school biker I met at the bike rally in Texas on the Buell trip. Somewhere during our drunken talking, hand shaking and occasional hug, he told me "We maat ave grawn ep thousands a maals apaat, but we'a frum the saym plais. Ya'll git waat am sain? (say it heavy on the Texas drawl)

Thanks for sharing with the OTHER old timers. (I do try to think of my bike as the old timer and that I am the young fellow riding her, though)
Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #144
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardSon View Post
Truly enjoyed the report...and thank you for taking the time to post it up. If you manage to find yourself in my neck of the woods, give me a shout. Got food, shelter & beer...be pleased to meet you.
Thanks WaywardSon

I am glad you enjoyed it.

I was actually there last spring on my Buell ,Bought a tire at Chase Motorsports and a gallon of oil at the Harley Shop just east of town.

If I am down your way again I will fer sher look you up.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #145
stoney4vida
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 2,159
Great ride on an Old classic.Thanks for taking me along. My first HD was a 1976 super glide in 1985. Still have a 1980 Shovel and a 65 Pan.They've taken me a lot of places and left me in a few longer than planned but always a fun ride. As someone said in your RR , the old bikes have soul. I'm getting ready to jump into your Buell trip ( I have an 07 Uly too ) Ride safe and take care.
stoney4vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #146
BC Brian OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney4vida View Post
Great ride on an Old classic.Thanks for taking me along. My first HD was a 1976 super glide in 1985. Still have a 1980 Shovel and a 65 Pan.They've taken me a lot of places and left me in a few longer than planned but always a fun ride. As someone said in your RR , the old bikes have soul. I'm getting ready to jump into your Buell trip ( I have an 07 Uly too ) Ride safe and take care.
Glad you liked it Stoney4vida.

Gotta like the old iron, even if you gotta bring a few wrenches with ya

Hope you enjoy the Buell RR. I had fun doing it.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #147
orbiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Thanks for the great RR Brian.

My first bike was a new 1977 FXE. I got it after I got out of the Navy. I road that bike all over (250,000 miles). I even made it up your way a couple time on it. I was a logger after I got out of the Navy and many summers it would get too dry in the woods and we couldn't work (might start a fire with the equipment). (darn it anyway)

One of the many cool things about old HD's is some parts are available at the auto parts store. I ran Blue Streak brand points and condenser (6 cylinder chevy) in my bike for 20 years. I also ran 50 weight aircraft oil (60 weight in the summer) that was available at any airport. It was a very faithful bike. It only stranded me on the side of the road once because of a blowout on the rear tire. I fixed it on the side of the road with some help from a local who had a tube at his house that he went and got for me on Memorial weekend. Back then, lock tite was not invented, so many of the nuts the tried to come loose were double nutted.

Those were the good ol' days.
orbiker is offline   Reply With Quote