Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #1141
roddy409
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Hi Anton.. Just a few quick words of thanks! I've read this RR off and on for more than a year and I really enjoy your photography and writing style. Yours is one of the best stories on here and I do envy your travels. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to document your trip so well and thoroughly.

Roddy
roddy409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #1142
Solo Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 773
dang- fan tastic.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #1143
macgart
johnny mac

Oddometer: 194
Glad to see you posting some new pics. Your work is very inspirational. I bought your e-books and refer back to them periodically for info and ideas.

I did a bunch of local riding this year with my camera to blend my hobbies. I posted some of my stuff from the fall in a pics section. If you're interested
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735462

Keep up the good work. I really love your recent B&W shots.

~ Ted Simon, Jupiter's Travels ~

http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com
macgart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #1144
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Amazing!!!

I found this RR about a week ago and was able to finally read the whole report including your North Carolina trip. It has been an amazing read and the pictures were more than all of us could ask for.

Later
John
Eagletalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #1145
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojournalism View Post

Yep, looks like you found the blog

I have a post about what cameras and lenses I use. There's nothing that could be called "high-end", it's just basic, decent gear.
And I still haven't gotten my D200 fixed since it conked out in Palenque
Great BLOG and you are one awesome photographer!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:59 PM   #1146
Snirt-MT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:

Continued...
Thanks for the awesome FDNY shots, really really great!

Visit Kneetopia
Snirt-MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #1147
Motojournalism OP
motojournalism.com

Oddometer: 1,630
Oh, cool - haven't checked-in for a while - great to see folks are still discovering the ride report!

Thanks for dropping by Margus! I'll have to give that Tri-X 320 a shot. There's something about the real film and the complete lack of control of the Lomo LC-A that just works. (I'd love to pick up an Olympus XA though)

(Hey guys check out the Interview with Margus & Kariina of From Estonia With Love if you want some serious photography talk)

P1340023.jpg

The bike is pretty much away for the season, but I've got a motorcycle project that should keep me busy for the winter.
DSC_0101.jpg

P1330902.jpg

P1330908.jpg

The project will be a documentary on two well-heeled motorcycle riders I know. I'm deep in the edit now - not sure when it will be "released to the public" but keep an eye on my blog for news. It's gonna be a long winter!

Motojournalism - Documentary teaser from Anthony - Motojournalism.com on Vimeo.

Way Out West - Canada to the Darien Gap
Follow me on Twitter
Motojournalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #1148
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,958

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #1149
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
damn I need to learn how to edit and even make better videos!....
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #1150
ruthness
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Anton, just discovered your ride report and spent the weekend reading it. Incredible photography and story! Thank you for bringing us all some inspiration.
ruthness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #1151
tsiklonaut
the (in)famous boxer perv

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
I'll have to give that Tri-X 320 a shot. There's something about the real film and the complete lack of control of the Lomo LC-A that just works. (I'd love to pick up an Olympus XA though)
Too late for Kodak Tri-X 320 - I just tryed to get a batch for myself without any success from the shops I got it before and I see Kodak now only makes 320 for 4x5" now. Only Tri-X 400 for 35mm or 120 medium format. I hope they've just run out and a new batch will come in the future (but just a fool's hope in the digital age ). Meanwhile I'll stick to Ilford Delta 400.

PS: That Olympus XA looks great!
tsiklonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:35 AM   #1152
OldPete2112
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Eek

Ok, for the record, YOU SUCK.

YOU, are responsible for keeping me awake very late at night for the past week reading your darned ride report. I think I may be suffering from a severe lack of sleep, and I could have the right to sue for you some, not sure what, but if we lived in the USA I am sure the lawyers could come up with SOMETHING.

The only reason I kept reading the entire report was because you are a fellow Vancouver Islander, and I felt obligated to find out where they heck you were going and what was going to happen.

Because of you now, I feel that my current ZX14 is going to have to share the garage sooner with a dual sport of some flavour. I had never really had any interest in going south to Mexico or beyond until I read this ride report.

Now look at how much money you are going to cost me. I have no option but to actually ride to all those places to see if your photos are really an accurate portrayal of the locations posted. I know that the ones that are local to me seem real enough, but with these fancy photo shop programs these days, I MUST investigate all of these areas to determine if the photos are real or not. At least that is what I am going to tell the wife.

Anton, this ride report is the definitive portrayal of an EPIC ride report. Thank you for the hours of entertainment, the insight to new places, the unabashedly real exposure of the places that you have traveled to, and the people that have shared their lives, homes, and countries with you.

And now I HAVE to buy your books and try to learn a bit more about how to get some use out of the cameras that I have, and the next step up when I am ready for them. No sense going places unless you are able to record them for you own memories in a fashion that will do them justice.

I have bookmarked your Blogs, and will continue to read this ride report as updates are available.

Thank you once again for taking us along for the ride, and teaching us a bit along the way. If you get out this way to ride sometime, drop me a line, lunch at the Coastal Cafe in Renfew or the Wickaninnish Inn Tofino is on me, always a spare room here or room to pitch a tent.

Ride safe,
Pete
OldPete2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #1153
Motojournalism OP
motojournalism.com

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPete2112 View Post
Ok, for the record, YOU SUCK.

You ain't the first one to say that on this ride report Pete

Thing about the money is, if you spin it right (stuff in storage, no rent or rent out your house etc.) it actually costs less to travel than it does to hold down a full-time job

Of course you can't keep that up forever, and it will be more difficult if you have family obligations etc. but my point is that money isn't the biggest obstacle. I think disruption to the "routine" and the uncertainty of what you will do when you get back from a long trip is the big fear to overcome.

Damn straight I'll make it back to The Island, that's home for sure! I'll be sure to look you up!

Way Out West - Canada to the Darien Gap
Follow me on Twitter
Motojournalism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #1154
Nut Up Or Shut Up

Oddometer: 18
Awesome

Anton you are an inspiration. Thank you so much for bringing us along. Keep the shiny...I mean dirty side up.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #1155
AtlasExp
beer me

Oddometer: 432
I will call my lawyer

Hello Anton! Just to tell you that you using my name and I will have to call my lawyer and see if I can sue you for that! Also you ride reports keeping me awake for many hours at night. I will sue for it too!!!
Very truly yours Anton.