User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Bie OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
950 fuel pump not getting supply from ECU

Hi guys, I am new to your forum, but need your advice. Gave the 950 a proper lube service checked valve clearances, replaced plugs and did waterpump overhaul. While at it I replaced the OEM fuel pump with a facet, but once assembled, fuel pump would not run. Checked wiring between pump and relay and all seems fine. Unplugged and tested relay, also fine.
There are 4 wires on the relay, a positive and negative going to the pump, a 12v supply from the fuse box and the control wire from the ECU. Power on this wire presumably will let the relay click, causing the pump to run and that seems to be the problem -no supply on that wire from the ECU. What can be the cause? At no point did anything short and the bike ran perfect before I started working. Help please.
Bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
6732cash
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
The pump only fires up for a few seconds when the ignition is first put on ...this primes the carbs ...the pump should carry on running once the motor has started
6732cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Bie OP
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thanks for your reply. I feel like a complete fool. Had a look at wiring diagram and I saw that the killswitch also feeds info to the ECU, so I figured maybe it slid to the off position during the work, therefore cutting out the fuelpump as part of the emergency engine cut-out. Just went outside to confirm and yes, it was in off position, so I connected ECU, relay and fuel pump and switched on ignition. It worked! So stupid and it cost me an entire afternoon.
Bie is offline   Reply With Quote