Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #91
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
Interested to know more details of the crash guard on the bike ? Is it to support the rider with probably a physical disability ?

Yes Nicola is paralyzed and the guard is for his legs.. a little different than Doug Henry's roll cage set up..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #92
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Challeco news

http://diario.latercera.com/2012/11/...-ferrari.shtml

Only a few days after Francisco "Chaleco" Lopez climb the podium of the Morocco Rally, his team, the Bordone Ferrari of Italy, was hit by a shameful fact. The Milan-based team suffered the seizure of several of their bikes and cross country enduro by severe debt with the supplier (AM), in excess of $ 380,000. In Chile this situation put on high alert curicano team rider, who in recent months had seen several signs that his team was not working well. The first was the departure of Thomas Oldrati, enduro team for several months of unpaid wages. Resigned after the great architect of the arrival of Lopez Bordone Ferrari, his friend Gerard Farres. Also issued the delicate situation of your mechanic, Roberto Boasso, who spent five months without pay.
All these complications made it clear to him "Vest" and his staff should have a "plan B" in case their fears come true and Bordone Ferrari disappear or can not afford the trip to Dakar 2013. "The team has gone flat. Their situation is critical. Bordone Should not go to Dakar or not have the right conditions to do it, we already have a bike toe, a factory KTM, with engines and suspensions as good as using Cyril Despres and Marc Coma, "says a near the Chilean.
The final decision will be taken in the course of the next few days, but in the environment of "vest" look very hard to stay on a team that has failed to provide the minimum guarantees to go to Dakar, so have been looking for alternatives to be in the off-road classic on its own, no matter what happens. Discarded the option of competing for the official KTM team, there have been discussions with Transport Tamarugal (sponsor) to address the assistance and logistics, while Boasso also be hired by Lopez.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 11-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #93
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Jordi .. OUT

http://mailing.logicmailing.com/new/...etterID=197538

November 8, 2012

Jordi Viladoms announces that the team will not Bordonde Ferrari

The pilot faces the challenge of getting an alternative to contest the Dakar Rally 2013.

The runner-up of Cross Country Rally Jordi Viladoms has been forced to make the decision to leave the ranks of the Bordone Ferrari team, "because of uncertainty about the continuity of the project," he says, and see jeopardize their participation in the Dakar 2013 .

"It is unfortunate and is a very tough decision because I have lived with this team my best season in rallying. Bordone-Ferrari I appreciate all the work done during this year he has done may have taken a quantum leap as a pilot, "says Viladoms.

The big boot BF was materialized with the great results of its pilots in the Dakar 2012 and the World Rally Championship. Jordi Viladoms got an excellent fourth place in Dakar, besides winning the Rally of Sardinia and finishing second in the World Championship. Despite the good results, the team's difficulties have become apparent at a crucial time of the season in full preparations for the Dakar.

According Viladoms, "I have been part of a large project, but now prevail stability and commitment to continue with my career. I sincerely hope that Bordone Ferrari find a solution that allows you move forward. "

At this point in the calendar, most teams are defined and the most feasible for the pilot is to get a good bike with some sponsorship support: "I am working to ensure my participation in the Dakar, and to make a project as competitive as possible.'m aware that time is not on my behalf, and that the current situation becomes even more complex to achieve sponsorship, but I'm optimistic and I hope you get a good solution, we will fight for it. "
Old 11-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #94
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Now Challeco

Bordone Ferrari sinks: "Vest" Lopez would leave the Italian team using Tamarugal

November 09, 2012 by Philip Win - (0) comments

Was short-lived dream of having a "vest" Lopez with a KTM staffed by a team point. (Picture: File Bordone Ferrari)

He ended up coming out all wrong with the Bordone Ferrari team. Francisco "Chaleco" Lopez next week announce his departure from the troubled European team and joining the Honda Racing XC Tamarugal, according to information published by El Mercurio with curicano own statements. 've already had advanced a few weeks ago : After having a budget of almost $ 3 million and four riders in the Dakar 2012 peak, in a couple of months the Bordone Ferrari turned into a sea of debt and economic situation will get you no longer competitively in Dakar ...
Fortunately, "Vest" Lopez has a Plan B that theoretically allowed to compete for positions in the first Dakar tip of history that will end in our country. The plan is for a run with a KTM, purchased directly from the Austrian factory and a good set of parts and will be serviced by the Honda Racing XC Tamarugal. Vest has an excellent relationship with the team and drivers Tamarugal, particularly with Prohens brothers, the leaders of this organization also puts on route to competitive Honda Claudio Daniel Gouet and "Burrito" Rodriguez. "Anyway, I am able to fight for the tip. I have a good bike, excellent suspension, which will allow me to have a good performance. On that side there is no complication "said" vest "to El Mercurio , noting that plans are closing today and classified 100% official could appear Monday.
Francisco Lopez and Jaime Prohens, Tamarugal pilot. The national team would go to the rescue of your healthcare structure Lopez has worked great working with Honda. (Picture: Press Tamarugal Honda Racing XC)

Lopez's situation is not isolated. Yesterday, Jordi Viladoms, who won fourth place for the Bordone Ferrari in the Dakar 2012 officially announced that he will seek other opportunities to get the maximum date global off-road. The runner-up of Cross Country Rally was forced to make the decision to leave the ranks of the Bordone Ferrari team, "because of the uncertainty about the continuation of the project", according to their statements and see jeopardize their participation in the Dakar 2013: " It's a shame and it's a hard decision, because I have lived with this team my best season in rallying. Bordone-Ferrari I appreciate all the work done during this year he has done may have taken a quantum leap as a pilot.'ve Been part of a large project, but now prevail stability and commitment to continue with my career. Bordone Ferrari I sincerely hope to find a solution that lets you move on.'m working to ensure my participation in the Dakar, and to be with a project as competitive as possible. I realize that time is not on my side, and that the current situation becomes even more complex to achieve sponsorship, but I'm optimistic and I hope you get a good solution, we will fight for it. "Gerard Farres Guell had done own a couple of weeks ago , looking for other options quickly to not miss the Dakar 2013. We are talking about two very important names in the world of Cross Country, of the top eight drivers in the world.
Jordi Viladoms and Gerard Farres left the Bordone Ferrari before Lopez. (Picture: Dakar 2012, Racing5)

Leaving only two months for the Dakar 2013, the situation of "vest" is not optimal. Neither Lopez himself hoped a tremendous structure fell in less than a year after being so successful in the Dakar 2012 with its four drivers in the top 20. Anyway, has indicated that national economic problems Bordone Ferrari mostly not affected in the season as he completed the calendar with the dates he wanted to do and those allowed to recover the rhythm and confidence that was lost after the accident in the Rally of Tunisia 2011.
Lopez Will compete for the podium with a private bike serviced by a Chilean team? Nobody disputes the professionalism and success of Tamarugal on bikes, but not a brand or a private team with several million dollars of resources. If Lopez does, it would be a feat more, but actually this is a situation that curicano not want to face one of the highlights of his career, the first Dakar ending in Santiago de Chile.

Seems the meltdown is pretty much done and the only one to leave would be the X rugby player Botturi..
Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #95
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Yes Nicola is paralyzed and the guard is for his legs.. a little different than Doug Henry's roll cage set up..
thanks.

to Nicola
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #96
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,565
To begin completing the circle on the rise and fall of Bordone-Ferrari, Jordi Arcarons has continued his mentor/manager role outside of BF by taking Jordi Viladoms again under his wing. Viladoms is basically renting a equipment and support package from Speedbrain with Arcarons helping with managing, logistics, assistance, etc...

I also know of two others that Arcarons will be managing but no announcements have been made so it stays under wraps for the time being.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is online now   Reply With Quote