Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 05:50 AM   #61
Mike The Swede
Mike, The Swede

Oddometer: 47
There is an obvious reason why Team Rally Raid Sweden cleaned out all outdoor stores of freeze dried food packs and mini gas stoves in preparation for Tuareg Rallye 2011 and 2012!
Mike The Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #62
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,337
Found a little info on Patrick Trahan's T-Race Tacita bike.

http://www.moto.it/sport/tacita-t-ra...elettrica.html
Old 11-08-2012, 06:42 AM   #63
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,374
RallyeRider's FB update:

Merzouga Rally Stage 4 unofficial results

Brett Cummings did not have a great day as he has been suffering from a stomach bug since last night. He said the stage was really tough while the navigation GPS and roadbook compass bearings were out. He made a few wrong turns of which "one was an 18km long mistake"...
Said Brett: Oh well, at least we are learning how to get unlost as well..."
Glen Grundy is still racing as well.

SS4 270 km - unofficial Lap times
1. Czacor Orlen Team
2. Nicolas Cardona - Team Venezuela
3. Cesare Zacchetti
4. Pedro Bianchi Prata
5, Maurizio Micheluz
6. Matteo Rizzi
7. Michot Frederic
8. Mario Patrao
9. Alex Busquets Tarragona Leyenda Dakar
11. Antonio valero Antonio Ramos
12 Brett Cummings

Barbary Fever!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #64
rallyeman
Dakarboy -

Oddometer: 138
hey guys
i got the poisening as well. But i mange to stop the shower and take the start and rest and went to finish the stage.
I shuld be fine fr tomorrow.... inch allah
rallyeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #65
rallyeman
Dakarboy -

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthDuro View Post
Merci Pat!

loving the idea of a gear box on an electric bike
must be a treat with all that torque but I am not sure I understand the need for it other then simulating a standard moto experience. That may be a topic for another thread all together but I am curious about your thoughts on it.
Whenever you folks release more info on it please let us know.

Keep doing what you do - you are an inspiration!
The gear box is amzing, it control the torque. on the dunes i start on second gear. so i dont dig.
gear are amazing
Thanks so much for your words it really gives me energy. i need it now.. hope i will finish to make history thanks
rallyeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #66
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyeman View Post
The gear box is amzing, it control the torque. on the dunes i start on second gear. so i dont dig.
gear are amazing
Thanks so much for your words it really gives me energy. i need it now.. hope i will finish to make history thanks

I really love the idea of an electric bike. Going to get the little girl an Oset next spring, I hope

Good on you!

J
Old 11-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #67
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,519
http://www.merzougarally.com/?page_id=5980&lang=en

It seems to have opened up at the top with Jacek's penalty, but down below in the ATV's Safariberg seems to be having fun, we should get some nice info and reporting soon?

It's a long ride back to WA so he should be able to pen something good to read

Well done to the buggy boys, keep at it
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #68
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,299
Ace Giovanni Sala is out..
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #69
rallye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Gio Sala

what happened to Gio Sala
rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #70
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 1,070
No idea so far... Montezuma again?

here a page where you can find loads of beautiful photos (the link is missing on the website!)

http://www.merzougarally.com/wp-cont...ga-rally-2012/

This one is Micheluz, the rookie

General results

Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #71
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,096
A dodgey subject... but reality.

Seem's like the major off piste navigational hazard at the "Montezuma Rally" this year, was not a matter hitting the waypoints with the GPS... but rather finding the fastest route between the catering tent and the crapper without soiling ones bike shorts or making an emergency trunk call on the big white telephone*

* Now, for that matter... one thing we western civilization ADV types might want to ponder... Being "ill" in a foreign land/culture, ain't exactly like getting a bad dose of mexican or indian food at a local restaurant back home in western suburbia; where one can retreat to the comfort of your own fully accomplished bathroom.

No siree... consider having to lean over and "yack" into your garden variety African "hunchover" latrine (ceramic tiles if you're lucky... but possibly/probably earthen floor), while your nether regions feel like a busted fire hydrant/combined with the sensation of a flaming basketball hoop... all in up to 40 degree temperatures; with nowhere to escape from the heat... your head is pounding like a kettle drum and stomach churning... "too scared to fart" becomes your motto.

For those of us that are used to white vitreous China waterclosets... and the creature comforts of modern bathroom facilities... this shit makes the giant dunes of a DAKAR look like a walk in the park!!

Once again... cross country/desert rallying, it's not just the eight hours a day on the motorcycle that is reflected on the score board... Everything you do, from the point of inscription - 24 hours a day - till you cross the finish line; effects what that bottom line figure on the timesheet is at the end of the day... What you eat, how you sleep, personal hygiene, and recovery/relaxation time are in many ways just as important as mechanical preparation/service, riding skill/speed etc. It's not just out on the piste that determines the winners from the also rans (sorry more inadvertent toilet humour ) and managing all of these factors is a part of what competing successfully in a marathon rally is about.

None moreso than DAKAR... (where I am told though, that the catering of recent years is of TOP NOTCH standard) but certainly, in years past (especially on some African events) there have been many occassions where food/water consumption needed to be given a lot of thought/consideration if you wanted to avoid a bout of the "both ends boogie".

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #72
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,896
Damn! Patrick's bike would be awesome to ride. Good luck Patrick

Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #73
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod View Post
Damn! Patrick's bike would be awesome to ride. Good luck Patrick
Fugly but veeeery interesting! What's the radiator for? It has something liquid cooled ...I thought the power electronics would be super efficient by now

We need to start a thread about this Tacita thing... Thanks for the info so far Patrick and best of luck with this race.

Would love to see this in the flesh, I've been in Merzouga last week and I'm going back there again next week, lost this one by this little.

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #74
barrier
Says who?

Oddometer: 495
Fth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Seem's like the major off piste navigational hazard at the "Montezuma Rally" this year, was not a matter hitting the waypoints with the GPS... but rather finding the fastest route between the catering tent and the crapper without soiling ones bike shorts or making an emergency trunk call on the big white telephone*

* Now, for that matter... one thing we western civilization ADV types might want to ponder... Being "ill" in a foreign land/culture, ain't exactly like getting a bad dose of mexican or indian food at a local restaurant back home in western suburbia; where one can retreat to the comfort of your own fully accomplished bathroom.

No siree... consider having to lean over and "yack" into your garden variety African "hunchover" latrine (ceramic tiles if you're lucky... but possibly/probably earthen floor), while your nether regions feel like a busted fire hydrant/combined with the sensation of a flaming basketball hoop... all in up to 40 degree temperatures; with nowhere to escape from the heat... your head is pounding like a kettle drum and stomach churning... "too scared to fart" becomes your motto.

For those of us that are used to white vitreous China waterclosets... and the creature comforts of modern bathroom facilities... this shit makes the giant dunes of a DAKAR look like a walk in the park!!

Once again... cross country/desert rallying, it's not just the eight hours a day on the motorcycle that is reflected on the score board... Everything you do, from the point of inscription - 24 hours a day - till you cross the finish line; effects what that bottom line figure on the timesheet is at the end of the day... What you eat, how you sleep, personal hygiene, and recovery/relaxation time are in many ways just as important as mechanical preparation/service, riding skill/speed etc. It's not just out on the piste that determines the winners from the also rans (sorry more inadvertent toilet humour ) and managing all of these factors is a part of what competing successfully in a marathon rally is about.

None moreso than DAKAR... (where I am told though, that the catering of recent years is of TOP NOTCH standard) but certainly, in years past (especially on some African events) there have been many occassions where food/water consumption needed to be given a lot of thought/consideration if you wanted to avoid a bout of the "both ends boogie".
So is this the Wiki definition for 'Fire in the Hole!

FTH! Oooops!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #75
Carlos M
www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer: 2,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Found a little info on Patrick Trahan's T-Race Tacita bike.

http://www.moto.it/sport/tacita-t-ra...elettrica.html

Quote:
La T-Race può pesare grosso modo da 140 a 180 chilogrammi. La velocità massima è attorno ai 130 KM/ora. La potenza del motore è indicata in 8kW, (10 ho) ma con un picco di 24kW (30 hp)
140 to 180 kg, 10 to 30 hp .... respect Patrick!

MotoXplorers.com
Carlos M is offline   Reply With Quote