User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
sean_syd OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
illawarra ride this sunday 3/11 or next 10/11

late notice but is anyone keen to head out on a ride this sunday 3/11 or next sunday 10/11 ?

i'm new the illawarra so any suggestions would be great I've only got basic knowledge of the area

Ive been down to yalwal and nowra and im sure theres lots of good places that you guys know about.

I ride a DR650 and its registered.....

Let me know

Cheers

Sean
sean_syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Zippa
Wearing L plates on dirt

Oddometer: 155
I'm in Wollongong as well Sean though prefer getting out for longer days in the saddle. We headed up to Nundle last weekend & met some road riding buddies there. Was going to head out to Wyangla & back for a day ride, about 700 km's if you are keen for that type of stuff.

A few of us do head down around the south of Nowra for a bit of half day fun as well. I have a DR650 set up for more touring than bashing though have been on a mud ride with 20 other bikes, mostly WR450 etc & it held its own on the single track stuff.

I think there are a few trip reports on here that we have done including last weekends

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836707

or you will some local Wollongong/Illawarra ride reports (both dirt & tar) at

http://www.illawarrariders.com/forum...forum.php?f=21

PS - Mod's, If I am not supposed to post that other link up feel free to delete it or edit it or whatever
Zippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
touser
canned fruit

Oddometer: 358
If your up for a run further south give me a pm. I'm at Moruya.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #4
Zippa
Wearing L plates on dirt

Headed out around Wyangala today, 720km's & about 11 hours all up. Nice countryside out that way
Old 11-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
sean_syd OP
Adventurer

milton area

headed out to tianjara fire trial at miltion - pretty eventful firetrail heaps of washed out sections

if anyones keen to head down this upcoming sunday let me know. I would also be doing a variety of other tracks on the way back to wollongong.

if anyone has any other ideas let me know

sean
Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Zippa
Wearing L plates on dirt

We have done tianjara a few times now, nice views too, certainly is getting chopped up in places. In the past we have ridden into Lake Conjola & met others for lunch....... not really my thing, I prefer to just keep riding.

There is a nice loop starting at Wandandian up Wandean rd, Gnatila Creek rd (says it closed but there is a track past the private property ), left onto Cassia rd, Slab hil lrd back to Wandean rd & back down the hill turning right onto Hawthorn Rd. Follow this until just after the creek crossing, left onto spotted gum track, up the hill, right onto Messmate rd, follow until you hit 12 mile rd then just do Tianjara to Porters creek dam (Pointer Gap Rd).

Head down the hill towards the hway but before you reach the creek/bitumen you turn left into Galgaroo rd, follow until you reach Rocky Ridge rd. Turn right & follow till it crosses Martins Ridge Rd. Now turning right here will put you back out on the highway.... boring....... so go straight ahead even though it is not marked on the maps This becomes Whalebone rd... follow down the hill to the creek crossing, just be wary if it has rained, can be deeper than you think .

This is where the fun begins, follow Whalebone up the hill, turn left onto an unmarked track which heads back down & joins onto Conjola Creek rd. Hoon along here until Conjola Creek rd turns hard right (Coolabah trail keeps going up to a dea end i think) and follow back up the hill where it rejoins Whalebone rd, left turn Clyde & head up the hill, eventually coming out on 12 mile rd just near the Tianjara falls turn off.

Are you lost yet?? Turn right onto 12 Mile rd, head down the hill until you see Luncheon Creek rd, turn right & head down till you reach Peppertree trail. This is a tight, normally muddy single track that winds its way around trees & dugouts till you reach 12 Mile rd again.

From here you can either do Vandean rd back to Spotted Gum & back down the way you came up or cross the hway & do either of the powerline tracks that run parallel to the hway to Sussex Inlet rd. Heaps of different rides even just in that route, just depends on what type of riding you like doing.

You should be able to follow 90% of that on Google maps to give you an idea of the loop
Old 11-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
sean_syd OP
Adventurer

Zippa, you will have to take me and others on a ride there some time but I have a feeling the tracks down there might be a bit muddy by this sunday.

Anyone keen for a ride??

I'm putting new tyres on my bike!

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippa View Post
We have done tianjara a few times now, nice views too, certainly is getting chopped up in places. In the past we have ridden into Lake Conjola & met others for lunch....... not really my thing, I prefer to just keep riding.

There is a nice loop starting at Wandandian up Wandean rd, Gnatila Creek rd (says it closed but there is a track past the private property ), left onto Cassia rd, Slab hil lrd back to Wandean rd & back down the hill turning right onto Hawthorn Rd. Follow this until just after the creek crossing, left onto spotted gum track, up the hill, right onto Messmate rd, follow until you hit 12 mile rd then just do Tianjara to Porters creek dam (Pointer Gap Rd).

Head down the hill towards the hway but before you reach the creek/bitumen you turn left into Galgaroo rd, follow until you reach Rocky Ridge rd. Turn right & follow till it crosses Martins Ridge Rd. Now turning right here will put you back out on the highway.... boring....... so go straight ahead even though it is not marked on the maps This becomes Whalebone rd... follow down the hill to the creek crossing, just be wary if it has rained, can be deeper than you think .

This is where the fun begins, follow Whalebone up the hill, turn left onto an unmarked track which heads back down & joins onto Conjola Creek rd. Hoon along here until Conjola Creek rd turns hard right (Coolabah trail keeps going up to a dea end i think) and follow back up the hill where it rejoins Whalebone rd, left turn Clyde & head up the hill, eventually coming out on 12 mile rd just near the Tianjara falls turn off.

Are you lost yet?? Turn right onto 12 Mile rd, head down the hill until you see Luncheon Creek rd, turn right & head down till you reach Peppertree trail. This is a tight, normally muddy single track that winds its way around trees & dugouts till you reach 12 Mile rd again.

From here you can either do Vandean rd back to Spotted Gum & back down the way you came up or cross the hway & do either of the powerline tracks that run parallel to the hway to Sussex Inlet rd. Heaps of different rides even just in that route, just depends on what type of riding you like doing.

You should be able to follow 90% of that on Google maps to give you an idea of the loop
Old 11-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
Zippa
Wearing L plates on dirt

no can do this Sunday, have plans with the family already but as long as you don't mind a sedate pace it would be good to get another group together for a squirt down that way.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #9
KTMatt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
Im in just not this weekend.

Maybe we can get one sorted for next Saturday or Sunday or Saturday and Sunday
Head in at Nowra and down through Wandy and onto Milton theres plenty to play in from easy to hard.

Cheers Matt
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
sean_syd OP
Adventurer

hey matt,

next sunday should be a good day for me.

anyone else keen??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMatt View Post
Im in just not this weekend.

Maybe we can get one sorted for next Saturday or Sunday or Saturday and Sunday
Head in at Nowra and down through Wandy and onto Milton theres plenty to play in from easy to hard.

Cheers Matt
Old 11-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
KTMatt
Studly Adventurer

Then next Sunday it is then.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #12
Zippa
Wearing L plates on dirt

No can do, will be in Port Stephens for the weekend. Just a bad time of the year at the moment with plenty of weekend things planned with the family. I do work shiftwork though & sometimes a midweek run is a good thing too
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #13
KTMatt
Studly Adventurer

Being self employed with a little bit of notice I can go just about any time.

Just gota tall the wife its product testing
Old 11-13-2012, 01:57 AM   #14
Crutchy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
just give her some money and she will be glad to see u go LOL big fella
Crutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #15
KTMatt
Studly Adventurer

That'll be enough cheek outa you boy