User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #436
luciosiq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
Martín,

Border crossing in Assis-Brasil / Iñapari is no worries at all.
If you are coming from Brazil to Peru, after the border, you have a paved road to Puerto Maldonado and Cuzco (InterOceanic Highway - beautiful).
Let me know if you need any additional info.
Ride safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElReyDelSofa View Post
Kito, will be very interested to hear how this route works for you, especially the border crossing at Assis/Inapari into Peru. This is the route I have in my mind to follow when the univers aligns for a S. America trip for me.

Saludos,

Martín
Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #437
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
rolled off the ferry across the river from Manous at 4.20 pm so the was not much time for riding on the first day . The first 120km is paved to a place called Careiro I think . so I ridden this then went for a meal and to fill up un fuel. the are a few gas stations and they are building another . just outside of town the army are building a big concrete bridge. at the moment you take a boat . on the other side I camped out .The was a thunder storm in the night but in the morning it was ok . the first part is just lots of potholes so just time consuming. at 190 km i seen a sign for gas but never checked it out .the road has some bits that are dirt and some bits that are still quite good but they never seem to last long . on one of the better bits I was doing 100 kph when I almost hit a big black cat ( dont know what kind) as it ran across the road .I seen another 2 of these cats on this day but they were in the distance. Most of the bridges were ok I got lucky I guess as i never stoped to check them out first just shifted down a gear and went for it . I got to 1 that was a bit bad and the were some truck drivers there and they moved some planks over for me to ride. The was 1 were a guy was still nailing it together and 1 were I had to move some planks I stoped about 130 km from Humaita for the night .I camped next to the road buy a locals home. about 100km from Humaita they are building a big gas station but if you need you can buy in the village from locals . just before Humaita the army are out rebuilding the road at this end . I some how went through the road works and missed the gas satation and managed to buy some fuel 100km from Porto Vehlo of the guys at a police check point . By the time I got to Porto Vehlo my GPS said my travel time was 16.5 hour this includes getting out from the hostal in dowtown Manous and taking the ferry plus other boats . I am now in Fortaleza on the BR364 heading for the Peru border.
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:06 PM   #438
kito
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
forgot to add fuel doesnt seem to be a massive problem but it is VERRY HOT . bring lots of water . locktite all bolts on your bike and bring some sper bolts I lost a few even though I use locktite and was checking them a few times
kito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #439
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 257
Bluhduh

Hi guys,

two weeks ago I was having a nice ride with friends and I managed to let my bike down on the floor.
Luckly I had only minor injuries. As had the bike.
I've spent 800 BRL to fix her except for the painting. So that it is running fine but with the scratches
I've replaced:
50 placa
80 piscas
120 guidão
400 pedal de câmbio

Abraços,
Linhares

Here I was still happy. And the bike was still young.

Silver tape is always a good friend

Linhares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #440
ddpemberton
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Brasilia

Also in the great city of Brasilia. Message me if you want a homebrew. Hopefully I'll have something dark for you. a rare treat in Brazil. Couldn't ship my viffer when I came, so she's in storage, but I'm in the market again for something! Just not sure exactly what :-/
ddpemberton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #441
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer: 138
Hi , how did you crashed?
Nice looking DL

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linhares View Post
Hi guys,

two weeks ago I was having a nice ride with friends and I managed to let my bike down on the floor.
Luckly I had only minor injuries. As had the bike.
I've spent 800 BRL to fix her except for the painting. So that it is running fine but with the scratches
I've replaced:
50 placa
80 piscas
120 guidão
400 pedal de câmbio

Abraços,
Linhares

Here I was still happy. And the bike was still young.

Silver tape is always a good friend

rodrigo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #442
Linhares OP
OSM addicted

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo1985 View Post
Hi , how did you crashed?
Nice looking DL

Cheers!
Hi, Rodrigo.

I've put the blame on the air pressure of my tyres. Specially the front tyre.
I shoud have aired down the tyres (off-road basic rule), but I didn't.
And I didn't notice it while the track was dusty.
But when we reached the spot of the picture below, where the pavement was very dry, the bike started to jump like a crazy horse.
I got scared and stopped for a moment. I struggled with my brain to detect the problem, but we failed.
I started riding again and this time the jump was too high. Not exactly high, but It was like when you hit something big in the road. I lost control and fell to my left with the bike.
When we touched the ground, the bike made a 270º spin and I rolled over myself twice.
The riding gear did it job very well!

This picture was taken a couple weeks after the crash. At this time I took the dirt track on the side of the road and everything went well.

Abraços,
Linhares
Linhares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #443
rodrigo1985
Adding Dust Layers

Oddometer: 138
DL Crash

I had same problem here, after i trade my trusted nx350 for the dl i sooner realize the front suspension travel is too short for the speed i was used , and the rear bump like crazy when goes fast...yes i had some close calls luckly dont fall yet, hope dont fall, someday i was riding on side section ..really fast and suddenly the road disappears and i was forced to ride in middle of the road very bumpy, very close to fall...

Time and time again i need slow down...those DL are GREAT bikes awesome for dirt roads but need slow down...its a tradeoff...

When comes south dont forget to flag

We are going to Goias on New Years..maybe we meet somewhere....who knows??!

Cheers , safe rides

Rodrigo.
rodrigo1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #444
robram
Trilheiro

Oddometer: 31
Talking

Hi, Guys,

My son and I in january 2nd we going to Bolivia from Brazil, crossing Paraguay and Argentina, passing by Clorinda, Calilegua, Valle Grande, Humauca, Iruya to Uyuni. After some days in Uyuni to aclimatize, we going to Nature Reserve Eduardo Avaroa crossing deserts and Lagunas to Laguna Verde near Chile´s board.

After this step, We will cross another two Chile-Argentina Borders: San Francisco and Pircas Negras.

We are on BMW Sertao and Honda XRE300.
robram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #445
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by robram View Post
Hi, Guys,

My son and I in january 2nd we going to Bolivia from Brazil, crossing Paraguay and Argentina, passing by Clorinda, Calilegua, Valle Grande, Humauca, Iruya to Uyuni. After some days in Uyuni to aclimatize, we going to Nature Reserve Eduardo Avaroa crossing deserts and Lagunas to Laguna Verde near Chile´s board.

After this step, We will cross another two Chile-Argentina Borders: San Francisco and Pircas Negras.

We are on BMW Sertao and Honda XRE300.
Sounds good, I'll be riding a similar route in March.
Keep us updated on your travels.

Twist it, Max
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #446
BrzGSAdv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Checking in and looking for partner riders in Sao Paulo

This is just to say hi and check in!

I am based in Sao Paulo and am looking for peers to ride along in the area. I ride a big tourer and like twisties and long daytrips, not those short ride-to-eat trips that dealers use to organize that start with breakfasts... so its more about eating than actually riding.

Anyone up???

Pessoal?? Ninguem na area querendo rodar? Aparecam!! Abs!!

Best
Rafa
1978 Yamaha TT125
Ride on!!!

BrzGSAdv screwed with this post 12-15-2012 at 03:51 PM
BrzGSAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #447
robram
Trilheiro

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVERT View Post
Sounds good, I'll be riding a similar route in March.
Keep us updated on your travels.

Twist it, Max
Ok.

I´ll.
robram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #448
porkandcorn
FortesFortunaAdiuvat

Oddometer: 296
WANTED: Uruguay/Southern Brazil/Northwest Argentina Route Advice

hello! as part of a larger south america trip, i'm riding from montevideo to florianopolis to visit some brazilian friends and celebrate carnival. then after carnival is over (february 12), heading back west toward cordoba, argentina.

need some advice on good motorcycling roads for the following day trips of my journey. also looking for hosts, or people willing to show me around any of these areas or towns.

(1) punta del este - chuy, brazil (border) (1 day - jan 28): is this the best border crossing? would it be open and easy to pass through at the end of a days riding? or should i stay the night on the uruguay side, and cross in the morning?

(2) chuy to porto alegre (1 day - jan 29): planning on just taking the coast all the way, with the ferry crossing at rio grande. anything to see along the way?

porto alegre (feb 29-31): what neighborhood of porto alegre would be the most fun for a single, 36 year-old guy who speaks portugues ok? are you from porto alegre and want to host another ADV rider or to show me around your city?

(3) porto alegre to florianopolis (2 days - feb 01-02): found some great advice for this day at this thread: http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hub...-reports-67176. my route: Porto Alegre to Florianoplis, Brazil - Google Maps. let me know if you would change anything, and where to stay overnight mid-way.

(4) florianopolis/balneario camburio/carnival: are you from floripa and want to meet up or get a beer/chopp? should i remain in floripa for carnival or are there better celebrations in nearby cities? what else is going on in floripa at that time? i'm also visiting friends in balneario camburio - let me know if anyone wants to meet up there.

(5) florianopolis to cordoba, argentina (4 days?? - feb 13-16): what route and through which cities should i travel? at which cities should i spend the nights and do you know of any good hotels/hostels or want to host me? what is there to see on the way? (i have already seen iguazu falls.) how many 5-6 hour days should i plan on?

thank you so much!!!

eu falo portogues tambem, porque eu vivou em floripa por um ano em 2002.

here is my trip preparation blog, which will become my ride report:
www.porkandcorn.com

here's my approximate schedule for the first 2 months (aquí está mi horario aproximado para las primeras 2 meses):

part - santiago, chile to cordoba, argentina (6 weeks):
jan 06-10: santiago, chile
jan 10: santiago to playa renaca
jan 10-13: playa renaca/vina del mar
jan 14-15: valparaiso
jan 15: valparaiso to mendoza, argentina
jan 16: mendoza to laboulaye
jan 17: laboulaye to buenos aires
jan 17-23: buenos aires
jan 24: (ferry) buenos aires to montevideo, uruguay
jan 24-25: montevideo
jan 25-27: punta del este
jan 28: punta del este to chuy, brazil
jan 29: chuy to porto alegre
jan 29-31: porto alegre
feb 01: porto alegre to sao jose dos ausentes
feb 02: sao jose dos ausentes to florianopolis
feb 02-12: florianopolis/balneario camburio (carnival!)
feb 13: florianopolis to passo fundo
feb 14: passo fundo to uruguaiana
feb 15: uruguaiana to parana/santa fe, argentina
feb 16: parana/santa fe to cordoba
feb 17-18: cordoba, argentina

part 2 - cordoba, argentina to santa cruz, bolivia (2 weeks):
feb 19: cordoba to aimogasta, argentina
feb 20: aimogasta to paso san francisco
feb 21: paso san francisco to bahía inglesa, chile
feb 22-23: bahía inglesa, chile
feb 24: bahía inglesa, chile to pan de azuacar national park
feb 25: pan de azuacar national park to antofagasta
feb 26: antofagasta, chile to san pedro de atacama
feb 26-27: san pedro de atacama
feb 28: san pedro de atacamo to…...

thanks!!!!

porkandcorn screwed with this post 12-30-2012 at 01:14 PM
porkandcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #449
BrzGSAdv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
You got it all

The advice on the link you provided is just great.

Getting from there I would not miss Serra do Rio do Rastro (google image it and yyou will see) one ofnthe 10 most beautiful roads in the world according to an online rider survey (you can google for tha link also).

If you change your mind and head north towards Sao Paulo or Rio do let me know. BTW going back to that post if you do Sao Paulo to Rio make sure to use the coast, not the BR1166 highway! Why? Google image for Angra dos Reis or Paraty and you have an answer besides 116 = trucks, trucks,mand more trucks!

Do let me know if you need more help!
1978 Yamaha TT125
Ride on!!!
BrzGSAdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #450
porkandcorn
FortesFortunaAdiuvat

Oddometer: 296
thanks BrzGSAdv

I would love to come north of florianopolis, but i've already been that direction in the past, and only have 4 months to cover a lot of countries. not enough time!! thanks for letting me know i'm on the right path. hopefully some more people will post about the best route from florianopolis to cordoba and the best cities or places to stay over night in.
porkandcorn is offline   Reply With Quote