Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #2116
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,225
New toy ordered

And it really is a toy....I just put on order one of these....being a history nut I just could not pass it up...I think it will be fun.

FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #2117
mattomoto
2 wheels rule

Oddometer: 1,073
Just built this little guy. Ruger 10/22 Take Down with a Tasco stock and BSA scope. Mainly wanted an adjustable stock so both myself and my son could shoot this. Works well for both of us.

Fits in here for easy transport with safety equipment (eyes and ears), ammo and clips.

Grew up shooting my grandfathers 10/22 but this is my first gun purchase. Fun for my son and I.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #2118
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
The "boom" is a shockwave of compressed air that builds up on the leading edges of the aircraft and when it surpasses that speed it essentially breaks through that sockwave, however that shock wave still follows behind the aircraft. So it continually makes a "boom" so long as it stays supersonic.
Fabulous write up. Thanks for taking the time on that.

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #2119
fattires
Wandering aimlessly...

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
I bought one of these Savage .22s last week and broke in the barrel by shooting all kinds of ammo rapid fire through it.

Anyway it shoots best with CCI Blazer, even better than with SK Standard Plus. Tried Federal Match and a couple of others, but glad it likes the Blazer, my favorite cheap ammo. At the end I was getting 1/4" groups at 50 yds with it about 2 out 3 times, with one or two flyers ruining the group that didn't make it. Also the Accutrigger was still too heavy for me screwed down to the minimum (2.5 lbs), so I cut a couple of layers of the spring off to bring it down to about 1.25 lbs and will try that today. Love the tac bolt and the composite stock which provides the lil gun with great balance, much better than the Mk II BVT, which probably shoots a little better.
Here are two 5-shot groups shot with CCI Blazer today. The bottom is four shots in one hole and one off to the left a little:

Nice rifle.
Give the CCI Standard Velocity a shot if you haven't yet. Mine loves it and I dont get the fliers with it like I do Blazer.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #2120
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattires View Post
Nice rifle.
Give the CCI Standard Velocity a shot if you haven't yet. Mine loves it and I dont get the fliers with it like I do Blazer.
Good tip. I shot it again today and got groups just as good and retried several match ammos, including Aguila. It still liked the Blazer and my trigger control is getting better so I got several one ragged hole five shot groups. Of course I took my Ruger 10/22 with the Green Mt. barrel and it did slightly better, but that rifle is embedded in my brain so it knows it has to shoot well.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #2121
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 36,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
And it really is a toy....I just put on order one of these....being a history nut I just could not pass it up...I think it will be fun.

I haven't seen a Sturmgewehr in ages, didn't know they were making em again...especially in 22, nice

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #2122
andy29847
Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer: 2,089
SAT morning gun fun

Code:
ABC#8350
IBA#7647,
Trenton, SC
Smugmug coupon code = bQItjZEfrqLkI
MOAB Ride Report
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #2123
Flys-a-lot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattomoto View Post
Just built this little guy. Ruger 10/22 Take Down with a Tasco stock and BSA scope. Mainly wanted an adjustable stock so both myself and my son could shoot this. Works well for both of us.

Fits in here for easy transport with safety equipment (eyes and ears), ammo and clips.

Grew up shooting my grandfathers 10/22 but this is my first gun purchase. Fun for my son and I.
Nice! I love my take-down!
Flys-a-lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #2124
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
I haven't seen a Sturmgewehr in ages, didn't know they were making em again...especially in 22, nice
GSG (german sport guns) makes all kinds of rimfire guns that look like their big brother centerfire counterparts. I already have one of their 1911's...btw the sig 1911-22 is the same gun.

You can get quite a bit of fun 22's from them...I think american tactical imports them into the US.

the STG is sold out just about everywhere and the shop that I ordered if from both their distributers are out as well...so it may be a bit before I lay fingers on it...but I will update everyone when it gets here.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #2125
JeffS77
cheap bastard

Oddometer: 3,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
GSG (german sport guns) makes all kinds of rimfire guns that look like their big brother centerfire counterparts. I already have one of their 1911's...btw the sig 1911-22 is the same gun.

You can get quite a bit of fun 22's from them...I think american tactical imports them into the US.

the STG is sold out just about everywhere and the shop that I ordered if from both their distributers are out as well...so it may be a bit before I lay fingers on it...but I will update everyone when it gets here.

GSG 1911 is a fun gun..my bro has one. Last time we went to the range i couldnt put it down by the time I left my thumb was killing me from loading all the magazines I swear I went through a brick of 500. I had a blast and am accurate as hell with that little gun.
JeffS77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #2126
doc_ricketts
Thumper jockey

Oddometer: 4,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS77 View Post
GSG 1911 is a fun gun..my bro has one. Last time we went to the range i couldnt put it down by the time I left my thumb was killing me from loading all the magazines I swear I went through a brick of 500. I had a blast and am accurate as hell with that little gun.
I have two of them for wife and I. Great guns, never clean, never misfire and great feel. I put an accuracy bushing in front and replaced the recoil rod and spring with aftermarket ones on the first GSG, but never touched the second and have had no problems with action rods breaking like some of the early ones.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #2127
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ricketts View Post
I have two of them for wife and I. Great guns, never clean, never misfire and great feel. I put an accuracy bushing in front and replaced the recoil rod and spring with aftermarket ones on the first GSG, but never touched the second and have had no problems with action rods breaking like some of the early ones.
Another for the GSG. A guy at a local range was shooting one and we traded for a few shots. It wasn't quite as accurate or easy to shoot as a his buddy's worked MkIII and was a VERY different experience from the SR-22 I was playing with, but damn. That was a fun pistol. Very accurate and I really liked the heft of it.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:28 AM   #2128
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 12,911
bump
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #2129
Dismount
Boring bastard

Oddometer: 8,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
Another for the GSG. A guy at a local range was shooting one and we traded for a few shots. It wasn't quite as accurate or easy to shoot as a his buddy's worked MkIII and was a VERY different experience from the SR-22 I was playing with, but damn. That was a fun pistol. Very accurate and I really liked the heft of it.
I love mine.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #2130
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Such a nice day yesterday....did a little plinking...some old some new. Single shot OLD mauser 22, and my year old but never shot CZ452....I LOVE that cz.....it is just great....don't get me wrong that Mauser is fantastic, but the sights are a little hard on my old eyes....I can still pick up the CZ iron sites pretty well....times when I had to put the mauser down as I just could not focus correctly.

piccy..crappy cell phone pic...they look horrid in this photo.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: