User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #16
oldxr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,101
I have a 76cx that i use on my honda xr650r.Got it from West Marine at the $150 price.Could use a bigger screen but I wont pay that much for a Montana.Best time to use gps-at night.The screen is easier to read.
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #17
Andy_P
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
I have been trialing the Montana. Best GPS yet. I am a yachtie, so I inherently distrust GPS plotters, but been pretty happy with the Montana. ITs much better than the plotter I have on the boats, and much easier to read in daylight. I have it mounted on the DR650, no problems yet with the APS rugged mount. Going to give it a real test in a few weeks when I hit the single tracks with my mates.

Also going to buy the marine charts for mine and retire the yachts GPS. Much happier with the Montana.
Andy_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,892
I switched from a 60cx to a Montana for my 08 450 excr a few months ago and am really pleased with the Montana.

I have about a 1000 miles on it of very rugged roads and single track with no problems.

Some people have had problems with the battery vibraring and put a rubber ear plug in the compartment to fix this. I didn't have any earplugs and used a piece of inner tube and have had no problems in this area.

I really brighter screen which was my main reason for switching. The increased track memory and the support for custom maps have also been useful.

The Montana is harder to use with Mapsource than the 60. I pretty much have to use BaseCamp when reading and writing to the unit..
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote