Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
trapperj OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 470
Questions for the orange side..SMR to SE.

Thought this would be the best place to ask these questions. I have a 2011 SMR 990. Great machine. I am thinking selling or trading for either a new 690 enduro...or possibly trying to trade for a 950 SE. I am in east TN. The closest KTM dealer is all but shut down. I wouldn't mind driving a few hours for the right KTM store..I know all of them are not "full" KTM dealers...as some do not sell street bikes at all.

I know selling outright is always the better option...but thought with the tax advantage of trading I might come out ok.
I figure someone here would be able to recommend which dealers would be more likely to deal.

The SMR is a BEAST..I just want to go in a different direction. I am tired of walking by it each day...it sitting there under its cover...making fun of me for not having the balls to exercise it properly.

Any advice?....I'd be thankful.
trapperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 782
first off you won't find an SE (super enduro) at any dealerships. They haven't sold new ones since 09 (well at least that was the last official year, I saw them up till a few years ago sitting there, but i'm sure they are all gone new on the floor).

other than that, I love mine. I plan to get a set of SM wheels for it, and IMHO would be the best of both worlds..
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Dan950ser
NW Shredder

Oddometer: 409
My advice is sell it yourself and find yourself a nicely set up super enduro. Might have to drive or do a fly and ride but its well worth it. I went to California to get mine. Good luck.

2014 KTM 250 XC-W
Dan950ser is offline   Reply With Quote