Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #31
heffa
Canyon Hillbilly

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffer View Post
Hey, Heffa......... the bike in my pics is your (Chucks?) old KLR! It just naturally headed that way on one of my day long rides this summer! Go figure. How's that steamer working out for you? I've got the Vee sorted now, and it's working great. Not as good as a Triumph, though. Man, I miss my Tiger.
I am loving the Tiger, Chuck let me ride the KLR and I miss that thing. It is a small world how the klr ended up back in my family. I wil probably end up owning it again!

Well, Strip my gears and call me Shiftless...

She said, " Your a Flippin' Moron!"
heffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #32
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,680
sweet. i'm from DE and never knew what you have up that way.
looking at the google maps, there are a ton a killer pavd roads and that many more dirts roads. we'll make a map of that area one day!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #33
Drummer
BMW/Sonor

Oddometer: 100
xRodchester - Thanks, I have been thinking about next summer up that way for an extended ride. You just solidified it for me. I really appreciate your pics and take on the people and land.
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #34
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 11,421
Eye candy!!! Excellent. Thanks.
Originally Posted by LadyDraco View Post
Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #35
XRochester OP
XRochester

Oddometer: 37
High Dynamic Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike Bishop View Post
Wow, some of those pics are incredible. I visited Wellsboro once back in the mid 1980s.

Some of your pics are so beautiful here they don't look real, for example the one of the roofed porch, where even the underside of the porch roof is exposed right.

How do you get such consistent saturation and proper exposure in every part of the picture? I'd swear you were somehow digitally dodging and burning...did you?
Pike - yes, the reason the photos have so much detail in both the highlights and the shadows - along with good color saturation - it's called high dynamic range photography, or HDR photography. It goes way beyond dodging and burning, although I still do that too. To do it, you first have to take an exposure bracket series of a scene. I usually do a five step bracket including the normal exposure and two exposures lighter and two exposures darker in one stop increments. Then I use a program called photomatix to process the images and then some final post processing in Photoshop. So then you can get detail in the shadow areas with the overexposed images and detail in the highlights with the underexposed images - and photomatix does all the hard work of putting it all together. If you want more info on the technique, let me know.
XRochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #36
XRochester OP
XRochester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer View Post
xRodchester - Thanks, I have been thinking about next summer up that way for an extended ride. You just solidified it for me. I really appreciate your pics and take on the people and land.
If I can help with some suggestions on routes, just let me know.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #37
XRochester OP
XRochester

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffa View Post
Great pictures. I take so much of this for granted. Wellsboro is a beautiful place to live. I have lived here all my life and it is great to see it through some one elses eyes.... Thanks for Sharing!
Damn, I would love to live there! You are so lucky. Or at least have a place down your way. Do you know of any nice two-track or single track trails down your way? If so, I'd love to check 'em out. Maybe ever hook up for a ride sometime.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
XRochester OP
XRochester

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200gsceej View Post
Many of your photos looked like they were HDR processed. Is that right? what is your camera?
thanks
- ceej
Ceej - yes, many of them were HDR processed. I'm trying not to overdo the HDR processing and keep them more realistic. Some of them were taken with my Nikon D800, but all the bike shots were taken with my older D200. I take the D200 out on the bike with me so as not to chance ruining the very expensive D800.