User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
Mikl Freeman OP
Spaceship Earth!

Oddometer: 39
Thumb First Enduro build Up For Long Trip. Russia .

Hello guys! My name is Mikhail I'm from Russia Saint- Petersburg, for the last year I have been reading some threads from this great forum ! I appreciate your experience and great work on your bikes)
My english is not very good) i'm sorry for this, but I will try to find the right words)
My short story about the way to this forum is my love to Journey) and of course to two wheels as well) For the last 5 years I have been riding Harley with Harley and around Harley) I Love your country and true bulletproof manufacturing! we lost it after Soviet fall.. and now we can use US or some old USSR good stuff for work and life in a big city..I'm a mechanic and I like making things by hand, repairing and for the last 7 years i have been working with motorcycles at a workshop.
So about The journey, yes) The last time i was in US a year ago, i bought a Softail custom '88 year from craigslist from a guy in Albany, I bought a tent and some stuff and went to the south along to the westcoast and back across the north to New York. It was an awesome trip with great places , friendly people..with opened hearts) and other nice meetings with great experience )it was about 3 month by the bike)

And this long trip was a start for a thought about a real trip.. not as long as the diameter of our planet but a little bit more than was the last. I was thinking about deep Russia or Asia..and i understand that my bike should be more landed and ready for a detailed territory research along my way..It didn't take me too long to understand where i should be looking for...I took notice of your choice of XR650R)
After reading , thinking, comparing I understood that you know the best way) So I give my trust to you, to Honda.
So I bought a 2001 Xr650R from Michigan via craigslist in summer 2012 and received it several months ago. The condition of the bike was average, although its seller said that it was in good shape, but ok, it's all our karma) as I could notice the bike didn't go through any service for the last 3 years : the wheels were '08 year and had no wear . The bike had some extras like damper, fat bar, t4 exhaust , vector gauge and other stock which looked like it didn't have a lot of miles on them ..I think the engine was opened at one of the last maintenance sessions..but I'm not sure. The compression gauge showed 120 psi. I didn't know if it was good or not..i believe not bad ) because it is my first kickstarter bike like a Dual Sport bike.
Ok I rode it for about a month until the first snow, now I started a full rebuild around the engine getting ready for the Adventure..
This thread will be about my build up, preparation and planning of the trip to Indonesia from Saint-Petersburg, Russia in nearest future!
have a good time! Peace

Mikl Freeman screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 01:43 PM Reason: correction mistakes
Mikl Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote