Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #10681
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 8,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habibi Rocks View Post
Motorboat!!!!

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #10682
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
Thanks, Lets get that abomination buried.
Uhmm, lessee.......
Here we are Trick-or-Treating last week:

And here's a vintage Barracuda I saw at an intersection the other day:

Hope this helps.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 11-10-2012, 06:08 AM   #10683
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,150
Does the cougar own the 'cuda?

I'd like to thank Bob for a few more brain scars I really didn't need, he's taking revenge for the route through Xalapa I took him on. "I swear, Bob, it's just another 5 minutes".
MikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #10684
airdale7
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
Wood shed behind the Rivoli. Recognize anyone

Plz, fewer pics of naked old men and more pics of sexy women

Quote:

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #10685
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Smitty View Post
Input on fastest route and where to get my papers processed.

I may be able to adjust things so I land in PV on Nov 25. TVIP expires 29. Flight lands in the late afternoon so no riding that day. 4 days to the souther border...doable?

Looking for route suggestions and border crossing options. Are any of them 24 hours in the south?

Thanks
FASTEST route PV to Guatemala bordr would also be most expensive, but ya gotta do watcha gotta do
From PV head north on Mex 200 to Compostela and take the short cut toll road east then hook into the CUOTA roads Mex 15 and al the way to the DF there onto Cuota 150 to past Orizaba and Cordoba and turn southeast on Mex180 D all the way till you run out of toll road. Stick to 180 to Villahermosa and switch to Mex 186 .
Decide which crossing suits your needs -EL Ceibo Not on Mondays , or Cd Cuauhtemoc 24/7
El Ceibo - take Mex 186 to Emiliano Zapata and Mex 233 to the border
Cd Cuauhtemoc take the toll road (east of Minatitlan) to Tuxtla Gutierrez and S Cristobal then Mex 190 to the border.Mexican aduana terminal is in vilage 4km before the actual border
Either way you are lookig at about 2100km and THREE days of hard riding and Mucho dinero
If you elect Cd Cuauhtemoc you can make a nice return trip to PV by dodging down to the coast and running Mex 200 all the way back.
Depending on how your first two days go you could consider a third border point, that of Tapachula on the south coast and Mex 200.To reach this it is case of splitting off Mex 180 D onto Mex 185 south of Acayucan, then running to the south coast and La Ventosa and there starting the run down to Tapachula on Mex 200, a wide fast free often four lane highway. The Mexican customs terminalfor you is actually well west of the city of Tapachula right on the highway and about 40km from the actual two possible border crossing points,at thE road fork to the southern crossing.

Sjoerd Bakker screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 10:33 AM
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #10686
Turkeycreek
Gringo Viejo

Oddometer: 1,008
Bobloblaw

No Mas! If I wanted to see an old fat ugly gringo I would look in the mirror.
Turkeycreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #10687
TRAVELGUY
Old Traveler

Oddometer: 623
Tapachula border crossing is the only crossing in all of Central America where I have had problems with money changers/helpers/ and a guy traveling with me had his camera stolen. Also road to Tapachula can be dangerously windy!!!

TravelGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd Bakker View Post
FASTEST route PV to Guatemala bordr would also be most expensive, but ya gotta do watcha gotta do
From PV head north on Mex 200 to Compostela and take the short cut toll road east then hook into the CUOTA roads Mex 15 and al the way to the DF there onto Cuota 150 to past Orizaba and Cordoba and turn southeast on Mex180 D all the way till you run out of toll road. Stick to 180 to Villahermosa and switch to Mex 186 .
Decide which crossing suits your needs -EL Ceibo Not on Mondays , or Cd Cuauhtemoc 24/7
El Ceibo - take Mex 186 to Emiliano Zapata and Mex 233 to the border
Cd Cuauhtemoc take the toll road (east of Minatitlan) to Tuxtla Gutierrez and S Cristobal then Mex 190 to the border.Mexican aduana terminal is in vilage 4km before the actual border
Either way you are lookig at about 2100km and THREE days of hard riding and Mucho dinero
If you elect Cd Cuauhtemoc you can make a nice return trip to PV by dodging down to the coast and running Mex 200 all the way back.
Depending on how your first two days go you could consider a third border point, that of Tapachula on the south coast and Mex 200.To reach this it is case of splitting off Mex 180 D onto Mex 185 south of Acayucan, then running to the south coast and La Ventosa and there starting the run down to Tapachula on Mex 200, a wide fast free often four lane highway. The Mexican customs terminalfor you is actually well west of the city of Tapachula right on the highway and about 40km from the actual two possible border crossing points,at thE road fork to the southern crossing.
DR650 '07
TRAVELGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #10688
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,524
Habibi,
Who is that smokin' hot woman?
PAPA
SJTR
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #10689
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

.....and is she available?

I'd remove my Touratech tool bag and re-install my pillion for her.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #10690
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Yes, S. Bakker and TravelGuy know . Guatemala C.A. border aduanas are not like the Mex. Aduanas . Mexico is a breeze . Some of the crossings are better than others. Dudes just lingering around your bike. Lots of them. People asking you for money, Helpers asking you to hire them, Currency exchangers,people selling food, trinkets, Borders are not the best places to be. Especially at night. Like i said the crossings vary. Two popular ones
are at Talisman and at Cd. Hidalgo (Tapachula area) . If your up on the bridge at Cd. Hidalgo you should see something like the in the clip below. Theres lots of threads here on adv regarding Guate.
Rode through San Cristobal de las Casas last Feb and crossed into Guate at La Mesía. Nice and easy.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #10691
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Weather heads up for the Isthmus of Tehuantepec and anything with a 180 in it.
We are expecting a fairly good norte event (strong north winds) on Monday (hence my planned
ride with the visiting Mr.Downs tomorrow and not next week), and then clouds and rain after Wednesday.
That means she'll be blowin' strong enough to lift the blouse clean off the cougar right through the Isthmus and out into the Gulf of Tehuantepec. What we get here will be amplified there.
After tomorrow's ride, hopefully the visiting Sr.Downs will be safely nestled into the hills
in Oaxaca by Monday afternoon. If not he might become a kite.

Note for Craneguy, got busy this week, unexpectedly, talk to you this coming week to try and sort out Oaxaca
and the transport of a few kilos of Mexico's best across a couple of state lines. Mornings are not the same anymore.

MikeMike screwed with this post 11-10-2012 at 01:46 PM
Old 11-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #10692
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
I'd remove my Touratech tool bag and re-install my pillion for her.
So ripe for a play on words but I'll leave it alone

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #10693
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Hell Schizz, teach her how to ride and climb on behind her!
That route down the mountain from the Jimmy ride will never be the same!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #10694
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Note for Craneguy, got busy this week, unexpectedly, talk to you this coming week to try and sort out Oaxaca
and the transport of a few kilos of Mexico's best across a couple of state lines. Mornings are not the same anymore.
No problem. My boss spoke to the "man" at La Esperanza and he's going to hook her with distribution quantities. Price is great, and we don't expect to have trouble moving the product to the users.

I may have to give up the engineering business if this works out.

There's nothing like providing local grown shit to the numerous addicts around here. We expect it to be especially popular with BMW riders.

Before any of you call the DEA, we're talking about Coffee!

Let me know about Oaxaca. Just uploaded a new fuel map and the black bomb is running sweeeet! Need to put on some miles baby!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #10695
Sjoerd Bakker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,289
La MesILLA is the Guatemalan side of the Cd Cuauhtemoc CHIS border crossing.

The windiest stretch of highway Mex 200 is the 22 km part between Niltepec and Santo Domingo Zanatepec -- and hoo boy can it blow ! But at least it will be dry , the clouds off the mountain evaporate before your eyes.If it is windy be prepared to lean at 45 degrees while riding straight down the road.

At Tapachula you can get the aduana paperwork done at the terminal at the village of Viva Mexico which is the intersection of the Libramiento to Puerto Madero and that border crossing.If that is all you need you do not have to go farther to the actual border crossing.The other crossing is NE of Tapachula about 15 km and is a crowded mess in the vally bottom.
If you have to spend a night you can just go into Tapachula, fine hotels ,very nice atmoshere around the plaza not a border town at all although there lots of migrants from CA, .You can overnight even without the Mexican papers , it is just like the US side frontier zone idea.
Sjoerd Bakker is offline   Reply With Quote