Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #76
EKhatch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
No worries. I ws still in town when he called me back so we were able to meet up. Super nice guy. Can't wait to see how those footpegs turn out. Thanks for the parts, they look nice.
EKhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #77
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,290
Any idea if the damper mount attach to the black billet KTM-brand clamps that come on the Six Days and some SX models?

thanks

Cycles South Vintage Moto Trek Movie - check out all 7 parts
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #78
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

Oddometer: 2,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead View Post
Any idea if the damper mount attach to the black billet KTM-brand clamps that come on the Six Days and some SX models?

thanks
Yes, we make a stabilizer mount to fit the billet tripleclamps that come on the Six Days and SX models. Just select 'version 1 (billet tripleclamps)'.
jesusgatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #79
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Couple more dumb questions. Can you explain or shoot a link to something that explains Handlebar Perches Position, and perch positions? Are 1 and 4 the same, just flipped, and 2/3 the same?

thanks, I appreciate it..

Old 10-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #80
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

Sure, no prollem. Handlebar positions 1-4 is not anything that we came up with (it's the terminology that KTM uses). Most of the perches have a 3mm offset, and there are two sets of mounting holes in most tripleclamps, so there are four ways to mount the handlebar perches.

Position 1 (closest to the rider) - perches in the rear mounting holes, with the perches offset to the rear.

Position 2 - perches in the rear mounting holes, with the perches offset to the front.

Position 3 - perches in the front mounting holes, with the perches offset to the rear.

Position 4 (furthest forward) - perches in the front mounting holes, with the perches offset to the front.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #81
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

We're working on putting together some videos to help explain all this stuff. Know that it's a little bit hard to understand how something like the universal stabilizer mount works without being able to see how it works.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #82
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks, makes complete sense.

I'm also assuming +42mm handlebar perches are the taller purchases seen in this photo:

, but then + 48mm is 2 spacers below it.

So the total height would be + 90mm? Is this from the center of the handle bars to the top of the triple clamp, or from the bottom of the handlebars? Or from the top of the perches?

thanks

Old 10-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #83
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

No, not exactly. When we're talking about perch height, we mean the KTM handlebar perches on your bike. They come in a few different heights, and the most common are 28, 32, 37 and 42mm tall. That's measured from the handlebar perch mounting surface to the centerline of the handlebars. When you're configuring a stabilizer mount, 'height desired' is referring to the total combined height of the stabilizer mount, the topcaps, and spacers (if any). You can think about this as additional height (not including the handlebar perches), and ranges from 23-53mm, in 5mm increments. And when you select the 'height desired', we'll select the components to give you exactly what you want. Realize that this is not the simplest ordering process, but the technical nature of these products and the range of fit that we want to offer kind of dictates that things be this way. Hope it makes sense, and please let us know if you have any other questions.

jesusgatos screwed with this post 10-12-2012 at 01:53 PM
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #84
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Makes complete sense. thanks again

Old 10-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #85
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

Any interest in carb adapters for the newer-style FCR MX carbs? I used one of Noss' universal FCR adapters on my 650R with a 39mm FCR off a late-model CRF450 and it ripped, but the adapter dimensions weren't quite right. So we're going to have them make some custom adapters for the XR650R and the XR650L. I don't have a 650R anymore, but my buddy James wants one and I need to have some 650L adapters made for these bikes. Figured we might as well make them available. His regular universal adapters cost $65, so am guessing these will probably be a little bit more expensive, but can't imagine they'll end up costing any more than $80. It's pretty easy to find good deals on used FCR MX carbs ($300?) because there are so many of them out there (being used on virtually all of the modern 450cc motorcross bikes). So this can be a relatively low-cost upgrade, and the performance is flat-out awesome. Fitment is pretty straightforward, and you do not have to modify the gas tank in order to clear the carb if you just install it a few degrees off vertical. So this is literally a bolt-in deal, and you can use the FCR throttle cables and twist-grip (stock CRF cables are perfect length with aftermarket tripleclamps and taller bars). Shoot me a PM if you want one!

Old 10-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #86
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Just ordered some heavy duty well thought out bling orange billet under-bar mount for a Scotts damper for my '10 KTM 450 XC-W.

Pumped......!

Old 10-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #87
jesusgatos OP
fishing with dynamite

Thanks Andre! Was good talking to you and those parts will go out tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #88
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

You too Jesse... Thanks for the awesome conversation this afternoon...

Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #89
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

One full ride in with the Gatos Bros damper mounts and cannot say how impressed I am with the setup... Nice work again guys...

Used my old damper from the previous bike. Got the tower from BRP Moto. I paid full price but you can use code d3710 for 10% off, so I'm about $230 into the complete mount which is about as much as anyone else. The quality is incredible and most importantly is that it helps sales from these guys for this super smart (and stout) design. The attention to detail is amazing, and perfect. Not a single issue or complication from the setup.

Therefore, psyched to be rockin' Gatos Bros stuff on my bike... It's already gotten a whole bunch of questions and comments from other riders. Here are a couple photos:

Photos are in my basement so the overall photos make it a little more blood orange than it actually is. It's a solid nice Orange that matches for example the rear cooling fins on the rear brake of a '10.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #90
RobertoGatos
Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer: 52
Raced King of Motos this year, and that really put our parts through their paces. Cant count the number of times I wrecked the bike. Glad to say we still have not had a single failure!

Check out the race report.

RobertoGatos screwed with this post 03-08-2013 at 02:42 PM
RobertoGatos is offline   Reply With Quote