User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #241
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Oddometer: 393
For the haters:
The transamerica trail thus far has transpired into a mystical yet challenging adventure that one could only enjoy whilst traveling through the American countryside. Not only is the scenery nothing short of spectacular, but the roads continually provide a challenging aspect that caters to all riders. If anybody is even thinking of attempting this trail, I encourage you to prepare accordingly and challenge yourself to limits you never thought attainable.

For the Bros:
The narly TAT rip sesh has been nothing short of epic. The narly roost piles keep it mad chay while the lush pastures of the midwest keep my nature high boosted all day. If any of you groms are pondering on this epic shred, throw down stacks, get a bike, and lay down a knobby trail from coast to coast.

Best response ever! Way to deal with the riff-raff. Keep it up. Great report.

Edit: I just read this thing in it's entirety all the way through. It must have been good. I don't think that's ever happened before. Glad your home safe and sound. I will do this one day.

rbsride365 screwed with this post 06-26-2012 at 02:53 PM
rbsride365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #242
MOTO DUDE
Rydin Dirty

Oddometer: 138
KILLER ride report Shred!
MOTO DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #243
Tracker2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Great report Megashred. Thanks for taking the time to write a great report and post amazing photos of the trip. One question, what type of camera did you use? Each photo had just the right angle & lighting and really helped me understand what it would be like on the trail. Probably my favorite part of the whole trip was the night you camped out on top of that hill going to sleep at sunset and packing up before the sun came up. I'm planning a TAT in the next year or two as soon as I can get the time to do it. Cheers and hope to see another ride report from you in the future!

Tracker2 screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 12:38 PM
Tracker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #244
ngng
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Inspirational. May Brodin bless you with an abundance of brotein shakes and pageant winning women.

…and those are just the bikes
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #245
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Cool2 Bad Ass Man

Read this report today between work and life stuff. It definately needed a bump back up top for someone else to find this gem.

Best Quote:
"Kevin, it looked like your gps spotter said you were on the side of a mountain" yea mom....I party

Thanks Bro
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #246
atomizer
Be here now

Oddometer: 282
bro

Awesome bro! Just read the whole thread all the way through in one sitting.
Thanks for the inspiration. Planning my TAT trip for Summer 2013. Beers, Atom...
atomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #247
Ruis_Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by megashred View Post
The trails went on for about 75 miles and I was getting a little low on gas. I was really hoping something was coming up. I stumbled on the Oark store next. Real chill place. They take a picture of everyone doing the TAT and put it on the wall. I signed the TAT book and noticed four people from the day before. I figured I'd run into them eventually. That ended up being about 200 miles later when we almost nailed eachother at an intersection. It was a family of four in a landcruiser throwin down on the TAT. we both stopped and laughed about it...but what a cool family vacation.

So I just ran across the ride report of the family in the Land Cruiser! It's on expedition portal (and it is a family of five)!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...%28and-back%29

Quote:
For the duration of the trip we always looked for fellow adventurers out here way off the normal paths but so far we had seen no one. Sometime close to when this photo was taken we ran into one, almost literally. Coming down a small hill I saw that a road merged with the straight one we were on. I looked briefly and then accelerated gaining momentum for the hill ahead. About the time I was really getting into the throttle -which means I was going maybe 35- my wife and son both started yelling. I look to my left and stomped on the brakes as I make eye-contact with a rider on loaded down Honda 650 who is also braking all out. We both slid to a stop, he much faster than I, and we chatted for a moment about our trip. Turns out we were both headed to Salina, Ok. He, of course, was riding the TAT. We hoped to meet up later but it didn't happen.

Ruis_Rider screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 08:30 AM Reason: Added a quote
Ruis_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #248
CaseyB
Adventually

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
Best Quote:
"Kevin, it looked like your gps spotter said you were on the side of a mountain" yea mom....I party

Thanks Bro
I was going to quote that same line...man that made me laugh.

Nice report bro. Have more to say but I'm about to board a plane....thanks for making my layover fly by
CaseyB is offline   Reply With Quote