Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #316
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,973
Great Vid and sounds......I'd need to stop for a coffee and fag break at least twice....how many laps?
Old 09-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #317
Quacamole
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Subscribed!

Nice work!
Quacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #318
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Great Vid and sounds......I'd need to stop for a coffee and fag break at least twice....how many laps?
9 nine i think.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #319
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Good evening. Time for updating.

Had a small push with last wiring problems today. Eliminating some plugs, though one map sensor went crazy.

Called my best friends in this project to haul some wireharness-reading. 3 hours effective works from these guys.

Bla bla bike suck blabla...

Wiring harness fun...

One of my last wishes for this bikes uniqueness would be some killer suspension. Been talking to Mr Pyndon regarding the subject. Well short story is that i´m shipping my 04 Adv-S suspension to UK in 2 weeks and complete 320mm should return. A bit sad that i didn´t got to try the 0.64 front i have worked up. But i have been drooling over this 320mm since Pyndon spoke of it years ago.

This days new problem. Will look into this later. OR Søren could explain it if he finds the time.

Mounted 2 x 44LED from Adv monster. Testing upcomming week.

Regards
Mikael
Old 10-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #320
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

Oddometer: 810
Thumb

The second song on the video. Was that 'clutch'? Sounded a lot like them.

And keep up that build bro. It's almost too radical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
Hi i´m back or something.

After F5´ed the shit out of this Lenovo on Sakurama thread i thought i would post some updates or updead.

Summer came and i lost all momentum. I have chosen a bit more less-action packed job at the army and got my self a Staff sergent position. All good but the job requires a lot of new stuff that i need to learn. Aside this my ex-wife and i paired up again. Actually we have done that way before summer. And in the summer i began to ready up for the last 3 Enduro championships i Denmark. Well bottom line is that all good things requires time and that didn´t leave much time for the over all project. Lots have happened, just not to the bike.

First some summer pictures from the über nice Sweden.

This is where i used most of my 8 days vacation in Sweden. A long year with many changes forced me to cool down.

Then some pictures from my last Endurorace. 1 year break from riding the bike didn´t enhance my chances. Though i actually finished 3rd in both races(B-class).

I am so pleased that i used some money to my new SXS front/rear suspension. The 530 isn´t really a Motocross bike, but the new suspension really makes it way better on the track.

http://youtu.be/_zJfQZp4K4Y?hd=1

Well back to the project.

This is where we are now.

The bike can´t start because we got a rear temp sensor on the water coolant which gives me some grief. We will try to dismount the complete Bazzaz system and see if we can go by this.
Søren found this thread: http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/rc8-superb...u-problem.html
This problem also gives EFI light(problem) but we hope this is the solution.

Brakes:
I´m convinced that this will be a single front setup. QTMI has the bracket for my radial shoe. At last confirmed by email. What i need is: QTMI bracket and the disc converter from CJ when running the 320mm disc om the Marchessini.

Tanks:
Well the Safaris is the way to go. I already knew that but just to clear it out. My plastic welder in town found an acceptable bound with the welding rod from aqualine and some PE he had laying around. Problems was that we needed a lot more to make this happen and to reinforce when neccesary. I tried to neglect that i had to start a new conversation about the need for some more welding material at Aqualine. In the end they agreed to help and shipped 180m from there supplier. 70 bucks + 105$ for shipping...argg. Though its all in my garage now and just need to get my head into this again. I´m sure we will get there.

Exhaust:
Regarding this setup KTMs new 1190 actually shows how i need this done. Not that we didn´t knew this but nice to know that we think equal here. The 1190 adv´s new look is another talk. My exhaust welder goes to Iceland to race some 4x4 in some weeks so he has his head all wrapped up in that. Aka no time for my project.

It all sum up to stuff that i can´t make with my own hands or tools.

Then the other day Pete640 mailed me that my rear tanks soon are finnish. And even that i put down the deposit i couldn´t remember i´ve done that. Ahhhh now i know where the funds for the SXS suspension came from :-)
Well a couple of months more and these tanks should be paid. I think i have narrowed my wheels usage down to 17-17 and 21-18. If any needs a 19-17 excel setup, just mail.

Not much progress but we are getting back on track again.

1978 Batavus 48
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #321
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Clutch it is.

One thing i didn´t get to describe was the EFI faults we are getting. If any know of this please chime in.
We got 3 faults and 2 of them is described in the user manual. Though the last one which is: 5 long and 3 short flashes. And yes we checked twice. We couldn¨t find this in the user manual and thought there maybe is a "user" manual and a "dealer" manual. Does anyone know of this or would anyone know the fault?

Still waiting on Sakurama testing the 41mm beasts. Work of art. AAAaaaaaarrrr the suspense....
Old 10-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #322
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

I have their older album on my iPod, great workout mix.

Couldn't help you on the Fault light. I work on class 8 and my bike is carbed.

Quote:
Clutch it is.

One thing i didn´t get to describe was the EFI faults we are getting. If any know of this please chime in.
We got 3 faults and 2 of them is described in the user manual. Though the last one which is: 5 long and 3 short flashes. And yes we checked twice. We couldn¨t find this in the user manual and thought there maybe is a "user" manual and a "dealer" manual. Does anyone know of this or would anyone know the fault?

Still waiting on Sakurama testing the 41mm beasts. Work of art. AAAaaaaaarrrr the suspense....
1978 Batavus 48
Old 10-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #323
JcbKarl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Clutch it is.

A 2012 RC8R USA owners manual says 5x long, 3x short is an error level condition for the fuel evaporation valve either short circuit to ground or open circuit or input signal too high.

Your motivation towards this project is impressive. I gotta admit that I was wondering "why bother" and then I got to ride an RC8R and I totally understand. Most amazing motor I have ever used.

Good luck,

Karl
JcbKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #324
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,415
Quote:
This is where i used most of my 8 days vacation in Sweden. A long year with many changes forced me to cool down.
I keep coming back to this shot - that is about as good as it gets. Projects come and go in waves and there are times that the only way to move forward is to stop trying to move forward. Sometimes just when you're most frustrated is when you have a break through.

Loved the video but man, that guy in the red and white at the end just needed to get out of the way! Nice riding.

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #325
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcbKarl View Post
A 2012 RC8R USA owners manual says 5x long, 3x short is an error level condition for the fuel evaporation valve either short circuit to ground or open circuit or input signal too high.

Your motivation towards this project is impressive. I gotta admit that I was wondering "why bother" and then I got to ride an RC8R and I totally understand. Most amazing motor I have ever used.

Good luck,

Karl
Thank you very much Karl. You are very helpful. Will pass it on to next "project workday". Love this forum.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:09 AM   #326
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Been searching on Karls post. Lead me to the canister removal and yes this looks liable. Either undo the SAI via the Tune Ecu or put in an 33 ohm resistor.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:26 AM   #327
Unruled
950S

Oddometer: 118
Subscribed
Unruled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #328
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER

So when your bikes running im flying to Denmark to ride it. I just thought i'd give you a heads up.
1978 Batavus 48
Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #329
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Hi again

After some help from the OC in the TuneEcu, I took one more step a head. Computer and ECU connected fast and got me to fiddle with the details. All i want was to load the RC8R(all years)map and shut off the O2 and SAI(SAS). After that i restarted and deleted all the faults. Now i only get a faulty MAP sensor. We did cross check the sensor with the other one and still get the same fault...on the same plug?! hmm...wiring fun.

Today i put in some work to get the bike start. No it didn´t start.

EFI: 9 short flashes(MAP)

Immobiliser: 2 short, 1 long(immobiliser not activated).

I have never heard of any procedures to activate the immobiliser? Is it not ON allways? From the procedures i can read in the manual, i can only activate my 2 black keys.

Question of the day. Can i "train" activate an de-activated key?

Nothing else has happened beside my reworked suspension is coming in from Mr Poskitt. Then i have a rolling chassis again. December should bring time to get the exhaust done.

Crappy phone pic
Old 11-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #330
GrenDesb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
GrenDesb is offline   Reply With Quote