Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #31
nomad5326
Xventurous

Oddometer: 300
Just back and wishing I was not.....do you need a wingman?

Awesome RR report Booger and glad your having such a rewarding adventure. Just back from Baja Norte (we did a loop) and wishing we had more time because I am loving your route. So funny that on a moto on/off road that just a hundred miles takes an entire day but fills your head with a life time of memories. Cheers mate and tuning in.
nomad5326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #32
rob1313
Still learning

Oddometer: 4,351
Great ride report, Thanks for taking the time to post. You're really making em miss Baja. I've never heard the song in your first video, but I enjoyed it so it's been downloaded and added to my collection. Keep riding that beast. My KTM was a hell of a machine.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #33
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad5326 View Post
Awesome RR report Booger and glad your having such a rewarding adventure. Just back from Baja Norte (we did a loop) and wishing we had more time because I am loving your route. So funny that on a moto on/off road that just a hundred miles takes an entire day but fills your head with a life time of memories. Cheers mate and tuning in.
You can be my wingman anytime Goose.
Just read through your report, It's great to have good company adn it was probably better it was just you and your brother.

booger1 screwed with this post 11-12-2012 at 08:15 PM
booger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #34
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1313 View Post
Great ride report, Thanks for taking the time to post. You're really making em miss Baja. I've never heard the song in your first video, but I enjoyed it so it's been downloaded and added to my collection. Keep riding that beast. My KTM was a hell of a machine.
Thanks for taking the time for reading it.
That song does somthing for me to. funny thing is it came on my netbook, I've never heard it before either, but made me look at his other songs.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:20 AM   #35
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,374
Great RR and great pics Thanks for taking the effort and share it with us
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #36
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

I slap myself in the face this morning to remind myself that not all days or nights are going to be like this and get the bike packed. I need to find some more cool history and spectacular roads.
The typical morning at a teinda for breakfast and water.

I'm getting more comfortable just sitting on the curbs and taking in the towns morning rituals. A water truck drives by with a loud speaker on the roof, workers stopping at the teinda for their breakfast, people running into the tortilla factory for their staples, and kids walking to school.
I set off just outside of town for San Francisco Javier and find the road exhilarating.

Beautiful scenery and a great twisty road.

And adventurous in some places.

This truck get stuck and almost rolls back on top of me.

A scampering of my feet in a backwards motion gets me clear of him.

The road narrows up into a skinny jeep trail and then dumps me onto a cobble stone street where the towns people are sweeping the dirt away, leading to the Mission.

Again I'm invited in and given the full tour.
The doors and windows get opened up as the tour continues to let the light in.

I like reading these, because having the Spanish translations with English I'm able to pick out a few words to remember, thus helping me learn more Spanish.

When ready to leave, I do something that I haven't done much on this trip. I ask about the road heading Southwest.
I find the older people are easier to talk to as they speak slow with alot of hand gestures, the younger ones are excited and speak way too fast for me.
He tells me the road goes through an arroyo with lots of water, and tells me it's best to go back the way I came. I'm good with that, it's an awesome road and he probably saves me alot of precious time.
What a great road.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #37
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
Great RR and great pics Thanks for taking the effort and share it with us
Thanks for taking the time to read my story. I've been wanting to ride Baja ever since I first saw a Baja bug and found out what it was made to do.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
joeybeats
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
This is just a brilliant read. Big effort with the photos while you were on the road and now, posting them up here. Can't thank you enough and you should know how aspirational this RR is to new riders like me. However, I'm still laughing that you had the shit hit the fan so early and had to hit the Help button on Day Two! Joey
joeybeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #39
noshoes
soñando con México

Oddometer: 2,102
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #40
Haywood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Thumb

Good stuff. Keep it coming!

Your very first picture, first page, is that an XRL, 600, 400? What happened to make it puke like that?
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #41
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,419
Thanks for all the time and work to share. Love the stories from Mexico. Their history is so deep.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #42
WRW9751
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Booger you truly are a Adventure man! Just to have the balls to do this alone is admirable!
If you would, give us some thoughts on your equipment, what you liked or didn't ect.
Thanks
WRW9751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #43
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Good stuff. Keep it coming!

Your very first picture, first page, is that an XRL, 600, 400? What happened to make it puke like that?
That's an xr400.
It had years of abuse, but I think the main reason was too large of bore. I had punched it out to a 440 and I believe that the cylinder wall was to thin, compared to the stock bore. A hell of alot of fun, but for traveling, no bueno.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #44
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRW9751 View Post
Booger you truly are a Adventure man! Just to have the balls to do this alone is admirable!
If you would, give us some thoughts on your equipment, what you liked or didn't ect.
Thanks
Thanks for your comments.
At the end of the RR I'll do a summary.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #45
booger1 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybeats View Post
This is just a brilliant read. Big effort with the photos while you were on the road and now, posting them up here. Can't thank you enough and you should know how aspirational this RR is to new riders like me. However, I'm still laughing that you had the shit hit the fan so early and had to hit the Help button on Day Two! Joey
Yes, the beloved day 2. I'm glad I kept going because the rewards of doing a trip like this (but, I'm not the first or the last to do this trip) well forever be planted in my skull. ]
Sorry it's taking awhile to get this going, but I'm working mad hours right now, but hopefully that to will pay off for another great ride.
Thanks for reading.