Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #31
Rodeojones
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Great report...thanks for taking the time to share with all of us. Being an aspiring ADV rider, please explain "Pita" when describing your two riding partners. I got the humor in it but wasn't sure what it meant...are they vegetarians!?!?
Rodeojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #32
greyguy1
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Awesome RR, thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time, hopefully next year for me if I can find some folks to go with.....SWMBO doesn't like the idea of solo.
greyguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #33
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,202
excellent
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Cycle World Adventure Rally:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956350
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:12 PM   #34
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeojones View Post
Great report...thanks for taking the time to share with all of us. Being an aspiring ADV rider, please explain "Pita" when describing your two riding partners. I got the humor in it but wasn't sure what it meant...are they vegetarians!?!?
Vegetarians??That's awesome!!!

Nope. Not vegetarians, but there was a bit of hen pecking at times.

I think that it's important to have understanding, patiance, and most of all try your best to communicate well. Sometimes this is hard to do on a trip.

Get out there and ride!

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #35
FertileLies
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Fun read

Great RR, thanks for the inspiration, pictures and info. Anything you wish you'd had brought along with you that you didn't or forgot? Planning a WABDR trip for next year.
FertileLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #36
smjon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
That was a very fun RR thank you for the reading.
smjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #37
eckleman
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Great ride report! I just finished the WABDR this year with my buddies a couple of days ago. I wanted to post because of one of the pictures that you posted of two guys you met at the DQ - I'm one of the guys that wasn't with them due to a crash and subsequent broken leg. I noticed later that you mentioned the GS lost it's rear brake going down one of the steep descents. That is exactly what happened to me on my GS when I crashed. (I grabbed a little too much front brake in a panic ) I have heard that the rear brake problem is common with these bikes and a flush followed by DOT5.1 / brake line change to SS line fixes it. I just thought I would let you know.
eckleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #38
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckleman View Post
Great ride report! I just finished the WABDR this year with my buddies a couple of days ago. I wanted to post because of one of the pictures that you posted of two guys you met at the DQ - I'm one of the guys that wasn't with them due to a crash and subsequent broken leg. I noticed later that you mentioned the GS lost it's rear brake going down one of the steep descents. That is exactly what happened to me on my GS when I crashed. (I grabbed a little too much front brake in a panic ) I have heard that the rear brake problem is common with these bikes and a flush followed by DOT5.1 / brake line change to SS line fixes it. I just thought I would let you know.
Hi Eckleman!

It was a bummer to hear about your crash and subsequent broken leg. No good, but I'm sure you have a great story. It's great to hear that you had the chance to finish the trip with your buddies this year.

About the rear break issue... The bike I was on was a DR 650, not a GS. But it sounds like it is the same issue nonetheless. I still haven't flushed my rear break fluid yet, but it's on the list of things to do.

Keep riding and stay safe!

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote