User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
tahtiportti OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
North Thailand Riders

Hi! 2 times in North Thailand riding with motorcycles. Sry but text is in finish.

Disclaimer. I can try to translate it to english..

So, check out blog http://norththailandriders.blogspot.com
tahtiportti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
dubtruker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Very interesting pictures! I love Northern Thailand, just wish I could read the text in you blog especially the accident parts.
dubtruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
tahtiportti OP
n00b

Well I can try to translate that last day.

After day off days men's should be rested and ready to ride last and longest day but no. Heavy trip to Thi Lo Su waterfall wasnt "day off". Wake up at 5:25 and 6:00 to road without breakfast. Back on Death Highway with enough speed to get back to Chiang Mai before darkness and check out couple places. About 600km.

About 50km before Mae Sot Lasse crashed really badly. Lasse was passing by scooter when it turned without any sing front of Lasse. Lasse hitted scooter then side of a car. There was that much speed that I and Aarne though he was dead.

Lasse was passing by so his fault. First picture just when I stopped on scene.

(picture)

Lasse was alive and in struggling with pain. Talked with him and he said nothing is broke. We didnt believe.

(picture)

We have talked with Söde and didnt move bike. Actually it was there 3 hours or so.

(picture)

20 minutes after crash ambulance and rescue crew arrived and Lasse was helped to first car. Thanks for that Thai Lady who called them. Forget to thanks :(

(picture)

Rescue crew scissored clothes and put some hard parts to leg, hand and finally neck.

(picture)

Lasse was moved to ambulance and we talked with him to get sure he was aware of situation. Called Söde and Dao because they started driving after us and we thought it is better to get Thai native to speak what we have seen.

(picture)

That is scooter Lasse first hitted. Actually passengers bag. No damage on scooter but couple stains on driver and passenger.

(picture)

That is car side where Lasse and bike crashed. Left side bike marks. Down side about 5cm inside. Lasse hitted wheel on left side of it.

(picture)

Saved the crash site to GPS

(picture)

After two hours waiting police finally arrived. Lasse allready SMS us that stitches, needles and x-rays was taken at hospital. Actually he was out of hospital before police was on scene. One police on freetime was with us all the time helping with locals and transporation to chiang mai etc. Very nice guy. In next picture he is painting.

Confusing with police doing things and kinda scared what would happen. They didnt speak any english. Then this nice police man came back and sprayed like CSI. Real life reconstruction. Funny thing to watch.

(picture)
(picture)

When Söde and Dao finally arrived things started to happen. Bike to pickup and couple of kilometres to police box. Aarne and I was asked Passports so was Thai citizens who was in accident, strange.

(picture)

Dao was trying to get me and Aarne clear pass to leave. Too many hours was allready gone. Thai police was friendly, water and coffee inside for free. Nothing to do so we looked out damages. Frontside pretty much broken, lamp, meter, some plastics and front break disc at least. No leaking so they fix it for sure.

(picture)

Police was asking Lasse and somehow he got motorcycle taxi and came to police box. Alive thank god.

(picture)

Lasse didnt remember hitting a car. And didnt believe when I told. Helmet saved his life. Some tears came when he totally understand how bad crash really was.

Helmet hitted bloody stain to his forehead cutter upperlip and jew.

(picture)

Söde and Dao was really helpfull. Dao translated and talked all the time with everyone. Söde just relaxed everyone by presence. Little time later police said Aarne and I can go. Checked out clock and decided that we try to get back to Chiang Mai same day. I though that if isnt raining and speed is enough with very little breaks we should be very near Chiang Mai at sunset. So lets go and 4 lanes road is fast to ride. Just need to remember Thai drivers strange driving skills. We hitted one place where we planned to eat. With 2 riders and 4 hours later.

(picture)

20km before Tak coming from Mae Sot left side of road. Really good food fast down and lots of sorry sorry because we where on hurry.

(picture)

Owner, cook, cashier. Speaks fluent Finnish.

(picture)

Rain hitted us and we changed to smaller road to keep driving interesting. So speed way down and we understand that daylight time we are not gonna make it. Still wanted and last kilometres at darkness to rent shop. That much kilometres for me. Aarne about 200km less. Lasse...less.

(picture)

Söde and Dao actually rided more. Pattaya->Mae Sariang...our trip and back to Pattaya. Just when I came to hotel Lasse and bike arrived with rescue car.

(picture)

Eating and talking for some time then everyone leave. I think I have to go finish partying somewhere by myself.

This text might change when head it straight and everything is cleared with deposit of our bikes etc.

Sorry for mistakes or strange words... I think you can get the big picture
Old 09-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #4
dubtruker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Awesome man, thanks. I rented from POP as well and crashed as well. Luckily they get parts super cheap to fix up those Kawis.
dubtruker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
bush pilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,472
Nasty accident, lucky it wasn't worse. Those scooter riders are pretty bad much of the time.
I hit one once too.
Iron Butt #35784
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
tahtiportti OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubtruker View Post
Awesome man, thanks. I rented from POP as well and crashed as well. Luckily they get parts super cheap to fix up those Kawis.
Yes they get parts cheap if they are made in Thailand. Bad luck but meter on front brake disk needed to ship from Japan. Over half of repair cost went just those two parts.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
Lightemup
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Did you guys have to pay for the repairs or did the bikes come with full insurance?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #8
helbob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Thanks for the report.
8 years ago i had a accident in koh samui with a young thaiboy

On his motorbike many things broken, arm broken, head shaked. The police say only he is underage and to young to drive. The police told me if i have some big problems he have to pay, but he is poor. After checked my bike i saw only some small thing broken and a agree i pay by myself. So i pay 800 baht for repairing my bike and 300 for my scratchings in hospital
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600909
helbob is offline   Reply With Quote