ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #61
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
It'll be drowned out by the whining about Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Marquez.
Don't forget excuse making for Rossi.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #62
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,216


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Lorenzo
Hi friends! As you may know, this year one of the great ones has retired, Casey Stoner. Here you have a picture of the exchange of helmets in order to always remember our battles on the circuit. My best wishes, Casey
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 AM   #63
azkiwi
message in a bottle
 
azkiwi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate AZ
Oddometer: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Time will show Casey made the shrewd move in this exchange.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #64
azkiwi
message in a bottle
 
azkiwi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate AZ
Oddometer: 9,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
at last the whining from Casey will stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staff

Stoner criticized the driving of Ford standout Mark Winterbottom via Twitter after the V8 Supercars race Nov. 5 in Abu Dhabi, saying a passing move by the driver known as "Frosty" was "amateur." Winterbottom is second in the V8 Supercars standings this season.


Winterbottom fired back at Stoner;

"It's pretty disappointing from a bloke who you actually follow. At his level, he doesn't need to do it. The whole situation had nothing to do with him. It's just petty. He's already making enemies before he even starts, which is a bit silly.
"I'm happy for anyone to walk up to me and say, 'I have an issue with you.' Face to face, that's the manly way of doing it. But social media is just a coward's way, to get on and have a go at someone."
azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #65
azkiwi
message in a bottle
 
azkiwi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate AZ
Oddometer: 9,159
Valencia test times;

1. Alvaro Bautista ESP Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 35.936s (Lap 4/5)
2. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 36.198s (3/5)
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 39.868s (3/17)
4. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 42.239s (2/16)
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 1m 43.736s (27/28)
6. Aleix Espargaro ESP Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 46.060s (10/15)
7. Michele Pirro ITA Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 46.829s (6/12)
8. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (ART CRT) 1m 47.129s (2/6)
9. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 48.020s (15/16)
10. Randy De Puniet FRA Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 48.351s (12/13)
11. Colin Edwards USA Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 50.853s (7/8)
12. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 56.992s (9/12)

Rossi put in lengthy wet weather runs and completed more laps than any other rider.

Former MotoGP racer Loris Capirossi rode Smith's bike this morning, posting a lap of 1m 35.954s.


Crash
azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #66
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Originally Posted by Jorge Lorenzo
Hi friends! As you may know, this year one of the great ones has retired, Casey Stoner. Here you have a picture of the exchange of helmets in order to always remember our battles on the circuit. My best wishes, Casey
Not to mention that their helmets are manufactured by the same company.
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #67
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkiwi View Post
Valencia test times;

1. Alvaro Bautista ESP Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 35.936s (Lap 4/5)
2. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 1m 36.198s (3/5)
3. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP12) 1m 39.868s (3/17)
4. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 42.239s (2/16)
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 1m 43.736s (27/28)
6. Aleix Espargaro ESP Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 46.060s (10/15)
7. Michele Pirro ITA Pramac Racing (GP12) 1m 46.829s (6/12)
8. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (ART CRT) 1m 47.129s (2/6)
9. Claudio Corti ITA Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 48.020s (15/16)
10. Randy De Puniet FRA Aspar (ART CRT) 1m 48.351s (12/13)
11. Colin Edwards USA Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 50.853s (7/8)
12. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 56.992s (9/12)

Rossi put in lengthy wet weather runs and completed more laps than any other rider.

Former MotoGP racer Loris Capirossi rode Smith's bike this morning, posting a lap of 1m 35.954s.


Crash
Crash forgot Hayden.

1 P BAUTISTA, Alvaro Go & Fun Honda Gresini 1:35.936 4/5 Pit In
2 P BRADL, Stefan LCR Honda MotoGP 1:36.198 0.262 0.262 3/5 Pit In
3 P DOVIZIOSO, Andrea Ducati Team 1:39.868 3.670 3.932 3/35 Pit In
4 AOYAMA, Hiroshi Avintia Blusens 1:42.239 2.371 6.303 2/31 1:53.277
5 P HAYDEN, Nicky Ducati Team 1:42.571 0.332 6.635 21/30 Pit In
6 P ROSSI, Valentino Yamaha Factory Racing 1:43.736 1.165 7.800 27/28 Pit In
7 P PIRRO, Michele Pramac Racing Team 1:44.297 0.560 8.361 33/35 Pit In
8 P CORTI, Claudio NGM Mobile Forward Racing 1:45.814 1.517 9.878 24/25 Pit In
9 P DE PUNIET, Randy Power Electronics Aspar 1:46.045 0.231 10.109 16/21 Pit In
10 P ESPARGARO, Aleix Power Electronics Aspar 1:46.060 0.015 10.124 10/15 Pit In
11 P EDWARDS, Colin NGM Mobile Forward Racing 1:46.426 0.366 10.490 14/19 Pit In
12 ABRAHAM, Karel Cardion AB Motoracing 1:46.992 0.566 11.056 21/23 21:40.541
13 IANNONE, Andrea Pramac Racing Team 1:47.772 0.780 11.836 22/26 1:57.234
14 P BARBERA, Hector Avintia Blusens 1:49.457 1.685 13.521 30/31 Pit In
NC PETRUCCI, Danilo Came IodaRacing Project
NC PEDROSA, Dani Repsol Honda Team
NC CRUTCHLOW, Cal Monster Yamaha Tech 3
NC SMITH, Bradley Monster Yamaha Tech 3
NC BYRNE, Shane Paul Bird Motorsport
NC MARQUEZ, Marc Repsol Honda Team
NC LORENZO, Jorge Yamaha Factory Racing
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #68
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer
 
David_Moen's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada Eh!
Oddometer: 1,225
What's up with Capirossi going faster than VR? They are both new to the bike, and VR has a whole season of racing, whereas Loris has been wandering around the paddock chatting up brolly girls.

Speaking of brolly girls, who is the blonde shade operator that keeps Colin cool, she's yummy!
__________________
2013 KTM 350EXC-F, 2005 BMW R200GS, 1984 Kawasaki GPz 750
David_Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #69
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
What's up with Capirossi going faster than VR? They are both new to the bike, and VR has a whole season of racing, whereas Loris has been wandering around the paddock chatting up brolly girls.

Speaking of brolly girls, who is the blonde shade operator that keeps Colin cool, she's yummy!
Capirex got out before it got too wet.
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #70
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer
 
David_Moen's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada Eh!
Oddometer: 1,225
Ah, that explains it. I didn't renew my "Video Pass" so I'm back to relying on y'all for colour commentary.
__________________
2013 KTM 350EXC-F, 2005 BMW R200GS, 1984 Kawasaki GPz 750
David_Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #71
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 136
According to Crash.net, Yamaha goes to Aragon tomorrow. Pity, it would have nice to compare times between all the riders!

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/186...togp_test.html
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #72
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll
 
DC2wheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.H.
Oddometer: 2,178
Some WSBK riders will also be at Aragon on Wednesday.
__________________
'92 K100RS
'12 DRZ400
sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #73
Crisis management
Latte riders FTW!
 
Crisis management's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: New Zealand
Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Don't forget excuse making for Rossi.
Don't you start!


Ok, I'm happy, Krops' comments on Motomatters look about where I had hoped Vale would be ie; riding a bike and looking comfortable. I really should spend some money of a subscription so I can actually see what's going on.
I was hoping for a better test day to see how Marquez and the n00bs all got on.... they could run the testing down here, sunny, warm and cold beer?
__________________
Orange...cause it makes me look like I know what I'm doing!
Crisis management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #74
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!
 
RichBeBe's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 6,086
Herve and the Tech III guys are no fools. Most of his calls have been pretty good ones through the years (OK maybe not Toseland). I am sure they are ok with Smith being there. With such limited seats, and the dollars involved if Tech II or Yamaha thought he was a liability he wouldn't be there, contract or no contract.
Their Moto2 bike is a backmarker and I think they know it, so they are not looking at results, versus ability and how he works with the team. I think he will be one of those who doesn't crash this year, finishes near the CRT's but picks it up as the year goes on a bit. The following year he will find some more speed and fight the other satellite riders for mid prototype positions.
__________________
"Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line." Cycle World March 1966
RichBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #75
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
Don't you start!


Ok, I'm happy, Krops' comments on Motomatters look about where I had hoped Vale would be ie; riding a bike and looking comfortable. I really should spend some money of a subscription so I can actually see what's going on.
I was hoping for a better test day to see how Marquez and the n00bs all got on.... they could run the testing down here, sunny, warm and cold beer?


I'll try to behave.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014