ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #11131
Kingsized
Kingsized Adventurer
 
Kingsized's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Central MS
Oddometer: 712
Went over to Birmingham to get a few things worked on and need to trailer so it would be cold when I arrived. Got home last night and couldn't stop thinking that something was missing....


I use my blinkers when I change lanes and noticed when I was almost at Brandon, I got the fast blinker sound on the right hand side. Someone must have thrown up a chunk of debris and totally stripped off my right tail light. The wiring connected and blew out my trailer and car's tail lights. Easy fix, I already ordered a new one.
__________________
Everything's better in retrospect.
My ride through Bourbon county http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...7#post22154447
Kingsized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #11132
Schall87
Adventurer
 
Schall87's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Brandon, Mississippi
Oddometer: 38
Anyone up for a short ride around 5:15? I'm in my car on the way back to Brandon from Brookhaven and I'm going to take a ride when I get back.
Schall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #11133
eatalotapeaches
finding my own way
 
eatalotapeaches's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Jackson, Miss'ippi
Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schall87 View Post
Anyone up for a short ride around 5:15? I'm in my car on the way back to Brandon from Brookhaven and I'm going to take a ride when I get back.
Ride? I wish! lol, it was good to meet you this weekend.

This week the GSA came home from a major service and whatnot at the mothership. I installed my new battery and proceded to test out the new catless header in the driveway. I'm sure my neighbors loved it. I'm still in a cast till Christmas or worse. At least I can flog the Miata until then.
__________________
If you wish to travel far & fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. -- Glenn Clark

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Psalm 143:8
eatalotapeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #11134
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer
 
vfrgreg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 779
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2012/...aled-in-video/
__________________
G2

R1200RT
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #11135
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
you seen it yet?
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #11136
LarryL
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LarryL's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Central Ms
Oddometer: 441
I saw it yesterday very enjoyable
Have a lot of new 007 and some old 007 in it.
__________________
'09 BMW R1200GS
'06 SUZUKI DR650SE
LarryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #11137
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer
 
vfrgreg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSrider View Post
you seen it yet?
Yep, good flick
__________________
G2

R1200RT
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #11138
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatalotapeaches View Post
Ride? I wish! lol, it was good to meet you this weekend.

This week the GSA came home from a major service and whatnot at the mothership. I installed my new battery and proceded to test out the new catless header in the driveway. I'm sure my neighbors loved it. I'm still in a cast till Christmas or worse. At least I can flog the Miata until then.
Christmas or worse? Damn dude, when you crash, you CRASH!

I hope you waited 'till late at night to test out the exhaust. That's the best time.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #11139
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryl View Post
i saw it yesterday very enjoyable
have a lot of new 007 and some old 007 in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
yep, good flick
10-4
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #11140
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 5,071
well my Doc told me I could take the brace off and only use it when I'm going to be putting my finger in harms way for the next three weeks. Told me to stay off the bikes for a wile. .

He had a med student with him today and i heard them talking out in the hallway. as he cam in the door he was saying "i sent him home with a splint and he came back" (he looked at me and I didnt have the brace on because I had just came from X-ray) "you have it with you don't you?" (I nodded and took it out of my pocket and handed the brace to him as he grinned like a little kid getting a new toy, he turned to the med student and held the brace up to her) "he went home and made this, but not just because he could, ask him why" (so he did) I told her so I could ride my motorcycles and he laughed, I told him it worked ok for that but not good enough but that it did work great for putting a motor back in my truck and everything else i did, he just shook his head and proceeded to tell her how i shattered my finger and why it broke the way it did.

I guess if you're going to do something that causes you to go to the doc it should also give them a good laugh. So now it's on to getting full movement back and use to using it again.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #11141
carabnsol
should have been a cowboy
 
carabnsol's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
well my Doc told me I could take the brace off and only use it when I'm going to be putting my finger in harms way for the next three weeks. Told me to stay off the bikes for a wile. .

He had a med student with him today and i heard them talking out in the hallway. as he cam in the door he was saying "i sent him home with a splint and he came back" (he looked at me and I didnt have the brace on because I had just came from X-ray) "you have it with you don't you?" (I nodded and took it out of my pocket and handed the brace to him as he grinned like a little kid getting a new toy, he turned to the med student and held the brace up to her) "he went home and made this, but not just because he could, ask him why" (so he did) I told her so I could ride my motorcycles and he laughed, I told him it worked ok for that but not good enough but that it did work great for putting a motor back in my truck and everything else i did, he just shook his head and proceeded to tell her how i shattered my finger and why it broke the way it did.

I guess if you're going to do something that causes you to go to the doc it should also give them a good laugh. So now it's on to getting full movement back and use to using it again.
I bet your Doc is hoping you never get hemorrhoids... no telling what type of maniacal contraption you would construct and show up with in the exam room.
__________________
Mommas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies
carabnsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #11142
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
well my Doc told me I could take the brace off and only use it when I'm going to be putting my finger in harms way for the next three weeks. Told me to stay off the bikes for a wile. .

He had a med student with him today and i heard them talking out in the hallway. as he cam in the door he was saying "i sent him home with a splint and he came back" (he looked at me and I didnt have the brace on because I had just came from X-ray) "you have it with you don't you?" (I nodded and took it out of my pocket and handed the brace to him as he grinned like a little kid getting a new toy, he turned to the med student and held the brace up to her) "he went home and made this, but not just because he could, ask him why" (so he did) I told her so I could ride my motorcycles and he laughed, I told him it worked ok for that but not good enough but that it did work great for putting a motor back in my truck and everything else i did, he just shook his head and proceeded to tell her how i shattered my finger and why it broke the way it did.

I guess if you're going to do something that causes you to go to the doc it should also give them a good laugh. So now it's on to getting full movement back and use to using it again.
Sounds like they should be paying you for entertainment.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #11143
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 5,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
I bet your Doc is hoping you never get hemorrhoids... no telling what type of maniacal contraption you would construct and show up with in the exam room.

__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #11144
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by carabnsol View Post
I bet your Doc is hoping you never get hemorrhoids... no telling what type of maniacal contraption you would construct and show up with in the exam room.
Some things we just don't need to imagine
__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #11145
Schall87
Adventurer
 
Schall87's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Brandon, Mississippi
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatalotapeaches View Post
Ride? I wish! lol, it was good to meet you this weekend.

This week the GSA came home from a major service and whatnot at the mothership. I installed my new battery and proceded to test out the new catless header in the driveway. I'm sure my neighbors loved it. I'm still in a cast till Christmas or worse. At least I can flog the Miata until then.
Nice meeting you too, I'm heading to tupelo to look at a dr650 today. I think a 650 may be what I need.
Schall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014