ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #16
SKJ OP
The Canary
 
SKJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Rhode Island "On da coast"
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
Just to be clear.... you don't have to use Foursquare to get the discount card. Just stop by the booth and ask for one.
Correct!
SKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
Boondox
Travels With Barley
 
Boondox's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: North Central Vermont
Oddometer: 2,971
I'm looking at aux lighting for my sidecar rig and am interested in your Denali DM2 switchable setup as a possible alternative to the Clearwater Glenda lights. Yours are much less expensive, but I'm really having trouble figuring out which has the greater light output. I wish there was a standard measure, so output was always expressed in lumens or whatever.
__________________
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer
 
twistedthrottle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
I'm looking at aux lighting for my sidecar rig and am interested in your Denali DM2 switchable setup as a possible alternative to the Clearwater Glenda lights. Yours are much less expensive, but I'm really having trouble figuring out which has the greater light output. I wish there was a standard measure, so output was always expressed in lumens or whatever.
Lumens are a misleading number. You can have a huge lumen output and get a terrible light output. Lumens are measured at the source of the light before they are focused and driven. Optic clarity and other technical factors are the things that throw the light. A lot of effort has been put into the Denali line to offer the best components, lenses and associated hardware to offer the most efficient "push" of the light from the source to the outside world.

We did a little test with a meter that measures LUX. At 423 feet we were able to measure 1 LUX of light from the Denali D2 on the high intensity setting. With the same meter we measured 1 LUX of light from the high beam of a 2007 BMW R1200GS at 153 feet. Can anyone say holy cow? An extra 270 feet.

Lux: "measure of the intensity, as perceived by the human eye, of light that hits or passes through a surface" (Wikipedia)

I hope this gives you something to help make decisions or ask questions with.

Kevin
__________________
TwistedThrottle.com Toll-free 855-255-5550
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer
 
twistedthrottle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 756
Twisted Throttle Holiday Kick-off Sale 11/22-11/26

I thought I would give you guys an an alert on our "Holiday Kickoff Sale" It started on Turkey Day and runs through the end of "Cyber Monday".

Here is a screenshot of the banners that will lead to the deals:




All of the items on sale are here: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-by-product/on-sale

Kev
__________________
TwistedThrottle.com Toll-free 855-255-5550
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!

twistedthrottle screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 03:17 PM Reason: Spelling
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
VFR
Studly Adventurer
 
VFR's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunny (sometimes) SoCal
Oddometer: 710
Are you guys going to be at the Long Beach IMS??? I want to buy one of your DrySpec bags & would like to get some straps for the Bags Connection dry bags.
__________________
Larry

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #21
ParaMud
Studly Adventurer
 
ParaMud's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Orange, CA
Oddometer: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
Are you guys going to be at the Long Beach IMS??? I want to buy one of your DrySpec bags & would like to get some straps for the Bags Connection dry bags.
They are on the exhibitor list.
__________________
08 wr250r
04 xt225
ParaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer
 
twistedthrottle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaMud View Post
They are on the exhibitor list.
We are at ALL Progressive IMS Shows. We set up in the Marketplace. Come see our Twisted Triumph Explorer. I will be there (Long Beach & Cleveland) and would love to meet some ADV Inmates



Kevin
__________________
TwistedThrottle.com Toll-free 855-255-5550
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer
 
twistedthrottle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
Are you guys going to be at the Long Beach IMS??? I want to buy one of your DrySpec bags & would like to get some straps for the Bags Connection dry bags.
We will be there Larry. We will not be selling product though. If you come by and see me I have discount cards i will be handing out. Limited to the first 500 who get them.

Kev
__________________
TwistedThrottle.com Toll-free 855-255-5550
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #24
VFR
Studly Adventurer
 
VFR's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunny (sometimes) SoCal
Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
We will be there Larry. We will not be selling product though. If you come by and see me I have discount cards i will be handing out. Limited to the first 500 who get them.

Kev

Perfect!!! I'll see you first thing Sat morning.....

Larry
__________________
Larry

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #25
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer
 
twistedthrottle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
Perfect!!! I'll see you first thing Sat morning.....

Larry
Look forward to meeting you Larry. If I'm not at the Twisted Throttle display in the Marketplace look for me in the Interphone booth.

Kev
__________________
TwistedThrottle.com Toll-free 855-255-5550
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #26
EagleTodd
Gnarly Adventurer
 
EagleTodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Ramsey, MN
Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
We will be there Larry. We will not be selling product though. If you come by and see me I have discount cards i will be handing out. Limited to the first 500 who get them.

Kev
Hey Twisted Throttle, I recently purchased a new 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere. I am interested in purchasing about $700 worth of accessories from Twisted Throttle. I have signed up for emails and even created an account; and I have watching your website for any discounts or sales on Tenere items. Any discounts available or any sales coming soon on Tenere items?

Thank you.
__________________
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere Black
Previous: 2009 KLR650 Black, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 1972 Yamaha Enduro 125, 1965 Yamaha Street 125
EagleTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #27
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer
 
twistedthrottle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddelof View Post
Hey Twisted Throttle, I recently purchased a new 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere. I am interested in purchasing about $700 worth of accessories from Twisted Throttle. I have signed up for emails and even created an account; and I have watching your website for any discounts or sales on Tenere items. Any discounts available or any sales coming soon on Tenere items?

Thank you.
Nothing planned at the moment but you will get free shipping once you hit the $350 mark.... That qualifies as some sort of discount seeing as you are in MN. If you can make it to one of the Progressive IMS shows they hand out 500 discount cards at each event.

Upcoming shows:
  • WASHINGTON, DC JAN 4-6
  • MINNEAPOLIS, MN JAN 11-13 ******
  • NEW YORK, NY JAN 18-20
  • CLEVELAND, OH JAN 25-27
  • NOVI, MI FEB 1-3
  • CHICAGO, IL FEB 8-10
  • INDIANAPOLIS, IN FEB 15-17
  • CHARLOTTE, NC FEB 22-24
__________________
TwistedThrottle.com Toll-free 855-255-5550
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #28
VFR
Studly Adventurer
 
VFR's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunny (sometimes) SoCal
Oddometer: 710
I got my discount card & used it already! Thanks a lot, Kevin, and nice meeting you.
__________________
Larry

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #29
EagleTodd
Gnarly Adventurer
 
EagleTodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Ramsey, MN
Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedthrottle View Post
Nothing planned at the moment but you will get free shipping once you hit the $350 mark.... That qualifies as some sort of discount seeing as you are in MN. If you can make it to one of the Progressive IMS shows they hand out 500 discount cards at each event.


Upcoming shows:
  • WASHINGTON, DC JAN 4-6
  • MINNEAPOLIS, MN JAN 11-13 ******
  • NEW YORK, NY JAN 18-20
  • CLEVELAND, OH JAN 25-27
  • NOVI, MI FEB 1-3
  • CHICAGO, IL FEB 8-10
  • INDIANAPOLIS, IN FEB 15-17
  • CHARLOTTE, NC FEB 22-24
Thanks for the message. Not sure I will make it to the Motorcycle show. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order the items. Twisted Throttle has a good reputation.
__________________
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere Black
Previous: 2009 KLR650 Black, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 1972 Yamaha Enduro 125, 1965 Yamaha Street 125
EagleTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #30
twistedthrottle
Studly Adventurer
 
twistedthrottle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddelof View Post
Thanks for the message. Not sure I will make it to the Motorcycle show. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order the items. Twisted Throttle has a good reputation.
You won't be unhappy with the service before or after the purchase. Buy with confidence.

Kevin
__________________
TwistedThrottle.com Toll-free 855-255-5550
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter!
twistedthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014