User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
jackd OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,952
Progressive Shock 420 Series

I've got one of these installed on my '94 R100GS. It's doing good service and I plan on keeping it for several more years. It was one of the ones that had a lower rod end attachment failure and I'm assuming that Progressive did a rebuild on it at that time.

What I need is the part numbers for the lower rod end bearing and associated hardware that Progressive supplies with this unit - from what I've read in the past on this Forum, you can buy them from their parts department. Progressive is now supplying a 'Series 465' style shock for installation on this bike and my emails to their tech support department have gone unanswered - my guess is that they would rather sell you a new shock instead of supporting their older product line. Does anyone have a parts list for the older 'Series 420' shock or has had success buying these items from this company? Thanks for your help.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
jackd OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,952
The reason that I posted this question was because Progressive didn't respond to a query that I sent them. No bites here - my guess is that everyone has moved on to Ohlins or what have you. I found a number and gave them a call today and they quickly sent me the info that I needed. If anyone needs the info, send me a pm.
jackd is offline   Reply With Quote