Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Spokin OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Canada to Argentina starting November 2012 (looking for interested riders)

Leaving from Vancouver in early November to Buenos Aires, Argentina. Looking for interested party to join me along the way. If anybody is interested and want more information about the schedule contact Norbert at ngtietze@gmail.com
Spokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
Cyclenaut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Canada/Argentina

Hello, the email you posted has permanent fatal errors. Do you have a route planned yet ? I live in Arizona and wouldn't be able to do the entire ride, but would like to join for part. Please keep me posted, Brant
Cyclenaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Spokin OP
Adventurer

Canada to Argentina

Hi Brent I will post you when I have an accurate Date of departure from Vancvouver it will be O.K.to join in Arizona since I have to pass throug Nogales or Lukeville.
Norbert
email is ngtietze@shaw.ca
Old 10-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Spokin OP
Adventurer

Well I am getting ready.
It has taken me some time to get the Vstrom packt and ready for the trip South. On the 10th. of october I drove the bike to Palm Srings before the weather gets nasty in the North. This way I get the feeling of the bike and the ride,also what to take and wat is not needed.
The ride south was uneventful, the weather foggy until Portland then nice and sunny. Made it to Grand Pason day one, day two past Sacramento and day tree into Palm Springs by 5 Pm.
Saturday I went to the aopa Convention a fantastic Show, the planes were taxied to Down Town at the Convetion Center.
I will Leave the 15th. of November from P/S until the border at Lukewill.
Will post news from my travel.
Norbert
Old 10-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Centauro
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Excellent trip

Congrats Man.. It's a dreaming trip. Actually I live in Colombia You must to ride through this country. If you would like some help here you don't hesitate to contact me and I could give you a little guide for this country or give you a lillte guide in my City, It's Medellín. However you could take a look at to my blogg where I have written some adventures there http://goo.gl/K3BUw, maybe You could decide have the same nice experience in Colombia.

I wish you an excellent trip and take care on the road.

Good bye.
Centauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,576
Good morning Norbert, we are currently on the road, in Fresno today trying to get bike stuff sorted out, we will be heading out of the USA Nov 2, several RTWers we met at the HU meeting in Cambria on their way south who we have details of, all meeting for Christmas in Ushuaia Dec 2013, will be a very useful source of current resources support etc.

Our site www.twomotokiwis.com or our ADV RR http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789269

Maybe we can catch up on the way somewhere.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #7
Spokin OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauro View Post
Congrats Man.. It's a dreaming trip. Actually I live in Colombia You must to ride through this country. If you would like some help here you don't hesitate to contact me and I could give you a little guide for this country or give you a lillte guide in my City, It's Medellín. However you could take a look at to my blogg where I have written some adventures there http://goo.gl/K3BUw, maybe You could decide have the same nice experience in Colombia.

I wish you an excellent trip and take care on the road.

Good bye.
Hi Centuauro,
Thank you for the good wishes on my trip. I will visit Colombia. I am planning to fly the motor bike from Panama to Bogota.and will be in touch wit you if I can get an email to contact you, I do speak fluent Spanish I am German born and live in Vancouver Canada, A Great cyty and Country.
It would be a great help to know were to go and not to go in Colombia,.and have somone who knows the country.
Will Be in tuch Norbert
Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
Spokin OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Good morning Norbert, we are currently on the road, in Fresno today trying to get bike stuff sorted out, we will be heading out of the USA Nov 2, several RTWers we met at the HU meeting in Cambria on their way south who we have details of, all meeting for Christmas in Ushuaia Dec 2013, will be a very useful source of current resources support etc.

Our site www.twomotokiwis.com or our ADV RR http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=789269

Hi you two.
I hope to meet you somewhere on the road. I will be crossing the border of Mexico at Lukevill in to Sonoita on the 16 or 17th. of November and from there will travel to Lo de Marcos which is 50 km. north of Puerto Vallarta and spent a week there before continuing south, I will stay in the Pequeno Paraiso RV campground.
Stay in touch and hope to meet up somewhere along the road. You can contact me via email (ngtietze"gmail.com)
Regards Norbert
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
Spokin OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokin View Post
Hi Brent I will post you when I have an accurate Date of departure from Vancvouver it will be O.K.to join in Arizona since I have to pass throug Nogales or Lukeville.
Norbert
email is ngtietze@shaw.ca
Hi Brent
I am in Palm Spring ,I don'know were You are? at the present time I am planning to leave P/S on the 15 November I am having an Alarm installed tomorrow The 14/11 so all going well I am on the road on Nov. 15th. Shuld you still be interested send me an email or mabey you are already South.
Norbert
Old 11-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
Spokin OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post

Hi You Two kiwis.I am in Palm Springs and.did not see your response. Tomorow I have an alarm installed on Bike and hope to leave Palm Springs on the 15th. of november I will cross Mexico in Lukeville and head South Too bad we did not meet in the south of the USA and I could have Helped wit the Insurance but this is always a learning curve I don't know where you two are heading I will Ride to Lo de Marcos This is 50Km north of Puerto vallarta the Place is called Pequenio Paraiso and then go south from there My email is ngtietze@shaw.ca. I will also answer on your site or email
Norbert
Old 11-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #11
Spokin OP
Adventurer

we wish you all good
Old 11-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
Spokin OP
Adventurer

I departed from Palm Springs on the 15 Nov as planed ,drove the i 10 to gila bent and on the 85 to Lukeville where i stayed on the Organ pipe national park was awaken by the hauling of coyotes ,by 8 Am I crossed the Border 35 Km East I made my Immigration then the have changed the importation of vehicles past corcovan about 100Km towards Santa Anna .
Old 11-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #13
Spokin OP
Adventurer

corcovan after clearing the importation of the Motorcycle I med up wit another rider Salamon from Israel on a KLR 650 with Alaska lic lookedwit as he traveled very light I ask were he was going he said to South America we decided to travel together for a while ,that day I also met Crossing the Border a canadian cupel how i known from lo de Marcos we had diner together in San Carlos Guaymas were we arrived.. late that Night ,we stayed at a campground Totanaca the wanted to charge for two tents $150 pesos each wit some negotiation we got it for $200 for booth next Day we visited small touring in San Carlos and departed late for Mazatlan we mad it to Culiacan were we arrived late getting dark by 5 Pm stayed in a12 Hour Motel but got kicked out by 6 am which was good so we made good time to get to lo de Marcos 50 Km North of Puerto Vallarta in the future I will stay in the 12 h Motels the are clean has a garage for the Motorcycle so you don't have to unload and the price are very reasonable $250 pesos per 12 h after culiacan we traveled the Libre rd to Mazatlan Tepic and then on the 200 rd to Puerto Vallarta were we arrived by sun down stayed in the hotel Padre Nuestro for one Night at the town entrance next day we moved to el Pequeno Paraiso camp ground in lo de Marcos has cabins and it is right on the beach one of the most beautiful beaches in al Mexico no overrun with Tourists we will stay until Monday and then continue to lake chapala Puebla Oxaca .i will report on progress as wi continue South towards Guatemalan . Norbert
Old 12-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
Spokin OP
Adventurer

San Cristobal

I arrived today in san Cristobal de la Casa yesterday I drove from Mazunte to cintalapa beforeTuxtla today an easy ride to san Cristobal very sienig drive this town is very busy wit Tourist not a palace I want to stay Tomorrow I will continue to Palenque

Norbert
Old 12-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
macrae85
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclenaut View Post
Hello, the email you posted has permanent fatal errors. Do you have a route planned yet ? I live in Arizona and wouldn't be able to do the entire ride, but would like to join for part. Please keep me posted, Brant
If you are still interested,i'm still trying to get my trip south together from Casa Grande,AZ,late February start
(hopefully),but it's getting done in 2 parts,AZ - Panama.....7 month break,Colombia to Argentina or Chile!
The bikes (2) are 90% ready,just getting organised at the Scottish end here.Will need a few week in AZ to finish
them.
Thoughts?
macrae85 is offline   Reply With Quote