Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #1831
Blackhole
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
My lead arrived the other day and I connected up my 2010 R (with Leo Vince cans) for the 1st time. In the test section, I noticed the manifold air pressure differs between cylinder 1 and 2. When the engine is running cylinder1 reads 339hPa compared to 398hPa for cylinder2. (when ignition on/engine not running cylinder 1 reads 1004hpa while cylinder 2 reads 1015hPa). Is this normal????? (there is a noticable difference in pressure when you hold your hand up to the end of each exhaust)

The TPS reads 0.65v at 0% throttle and 3.74 at 100% throttle.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #1832
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imachimper View Post
Got my cable today from DSW After backing up my current (stock ) setup, I plan on replacing it with a newer R map. Any advice out there for this switch? 2011 2012 ???

2010 990 ADV with stock cans.
I loaded the 2011 R map on my 2010 without problems. It smoothed out the 990 a bit and opened the secondaries at full throttle which help the top end.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #1833
Yardstick
Hydrophobic

Oddometer: 2,947
I haven't paid a lot of attention to this thread, but doing a little skimming has me thinking. I'm pretty happy with the EFI on my 990R and really interested in EFI for my Super Enduro. Does anyone know if there is enough tuning flexibility to put a 990 EFI system on a 950 engine? It looks like most of the necessary parts would transfer over from any 990, but the wiring harness could be tricky. The closest I have found so far is the 990 SMT/SMR harness that puts the fuses under the seat. I found there is a difference between the early ECUs and later ECUs too. I saw some mention of faster adjustments on the newer units. Is that a difference that could be worked out with the TuneECU software, or is it hard coded? Has anyone done a 990 EFI swap onto a 950 engine?
Yardstick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #1834
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,786
Have you reached a milliage estimate of your map performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwrexalot View Post
Shootis sent me his file which seems to be a hybrid of sorts between the 2011 and the 2007 Stock maps with the butterflies set at no less than 25 and HOLEEE SHEEIT !!!! I love my new bike ...

The new map made my KTM seems like a different machine.. Smoooth., Not as twitchy. My wife even noticed the difference..

Thanks to James and everyone else that has been kind enough to share a map and inspire a newbie like me to dig a little deeper to make the 990 even better,
How is this map performing milliagewise?
Is it released freely? can I have a copy?
Thnx for sharing.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 AM   #1835
Loui€
Rides With Reindeer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
the bike stalled twice when decelerating (slowing to a stop light)...almost like the rpm's fell off to nil?
Quote:
the engine is running cylinder1 reads 339hPa compared to 398hPa for cylinder2.
Quote:
TPS reads 0.65v at 0% throttle
many times in this thread, typical values - typical symptoms/problems - so once again:

1. sync TB:s to same values (or as near as possible) with each other while engine running

2. adjust TPS exactly (or as near as possible) to 0.60V at 0% throttle, warm engine, engine running

L

Loui€ screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 03:18 AM
Loui€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #1836
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loui€ View Post
many times in this thread, typical values - typical symptoms/problems - so once again:

1. sync TB:s to same values (or as near as possible) with each other while engine running
Add on: when somebody wants to sync their throtte bodies with tuneecu (map sensor reading). you always must swap the map sensors. because there is a possibillity of a offset between those sensors. And those need to be rulled out for a accurate setting
Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #1837
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
Add on: when somebody wants to sync their throtte bodies with tuneecu (map sensor reading). you always must swap the map sensors. because there is a possibillity of a offset between those sensors. And those need to be rulled out for a accurate setting
Swap!? as in connect the fronto to the rear and vice versa?

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #1838
big-t
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Is it really necessary to swap them?It would seem you could look at them with the Tuneecu software,engine OFF,switch on and compare the values.Should be no difference in atmospheric pressure with the engine off..?
big-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #1839
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 301
Cable resistance can lower the map sensor output voltage of course and not all the sensors are 100% the same.
but you have to do it only once to see the difference, note this somewhere and then you know the offset for another time.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #1840
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 975
Didnt you discover a biggish difference (many pages ago)? Remind us of what you found please.

Again...somebody willing to put in the time to consolidate and abridge some of this huge thread would gain instant hero status!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #1841
d-squared
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Got cable?

Excuse me for farting, but is anyone interested in helping me jump into the orange sea of knowledge by selling me a spare tuneecu cable? I have a 2008 ADV (all stock) and i'm very anxious about my very crappy flat spot between 4500 and 5000 rpm.

My dealer charged me $85 to tell me i have to replace my fuel injectors - @$650. I paid him his blood money and decided to tackle the problem myself - with help from the community here. i've already taken the first 2 steps in the progression checklist. I changed the fuel filters and i tried the 15 minute re-set. Results were underwhelming. Next step is loading up the ideal map (w/the o2 disabled). I'm only up to page 56 on this thread, so i still have a ways to go. but i figure I should try to get the cable early to help fight the inevitable onset of laziness. Every bit of motivation helps bc I'm working with almost no mechanical skill whatsoever.

I may be undermining myself by admitting this , but i want to get the bike in shape so i can sell her. She deserves better. plus i'm lusting over her slutty cousin the 500exc. I can't fight it no more, and i can't have both.

The only reliable looking cable vendor that i found on the internet is out of stock. Please PM me if you're willing to sell me a cable. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #1842
Ladukebob
lost in hood river

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-squared View Post

The only reliable looking cable vendor that i found on the internet is out of stock. Please PM me if you're willing to sell me a cable. Thanks.
Did you try CJ?

http://www.dualsportwarehouse.com/CJ...TUNE-C-KTM.htm
findLadukebob
Ladukebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1843
d-squared
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
nothing currently in stock at cj. dunno how long for the backorder
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #1844
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,846
Tune ECU Wiki

I have a condensed file of the past 122 pages that is 'almost' done.

Is there a place on ADV that I can post it? (Don't want to e-mail 100 times).
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #1845
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,786
Thanks for the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuber View Post
I have a condensed file of the past 122 pages that is 'almost' done.

Is there a place on ADV that I can post it? (Don't want to e-mail 100 times).
I believe you could send it to cpmodem in the HOW so it could be suspended there in full glory. In ADV here is the most special place... or maybe a new thread?
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote