Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #46
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport View Post
The black one looks good and the price is better but it still weighs nearly a half ton! No matter how smooth that boxer is, the power to weight ratio says it all.
Actually, a map of the torque curve says it all.
Some people like torque but can forgo the paint shaker.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #47
Reverend12
Well there it is..

Oddometer: 1,413
Just sold my Wing because I was tired of the bulkiness, but This F6B is beautiful, I may have to go there..
Reverend12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #48
blue01
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeeater View Post
That's what I see too.

The bike grows on me every time I look at it. But it seems Honda is going the cheapo route. Once you have Cruise Control, you'll never go back.

And ABS is dealbreaker. I spent lots of time practicing emergency stops without ABS. With it, a no brainer. Mash everything. It's fantastic.

Cakeeater
I'm not sure what's going on here, but the Honda Canada site has ABS on the F6B, and just the one colour, Black. But American Honda doesn't indicate ABS. Strange.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #49
vintagecycle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.burbach View Post
Though I can't imagine every owning this kind of bike, I have to admit I like it a lot. Sure, it's way too heavy, way too big, doesn't seem to have ABS, is very expensive etc...but someone needed to introduce something other than a big V-twin into the bagger market, and that smooth six is awesome.
Triumph tried with their Rocket III but it hasn't sold the way they hoped.
vintagecycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #50
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue01 View Post
I'm not sure what's going on here, but the Honda Canada site has ABS on the F6B, and just the one colour, Black. But American Honda doesn't indicate ABS. Strange.
Perhaps its simply an error on the American website. Hope so. Strange they wouldn't offer it when it's on the Goldwing.

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #51
vicster
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
This bike looks cool, but I think at the end of the day you're spending 20 grand for a huge touring bike with no ABS, or CC. Then a few miles down the road, you're gonna think, "I'm tired of the wind blast, it needs a taller windshield. Just for longer trips" The windshield never gets removed. Then, "A trunk would give the wife something to lean against and add carrying capacity." So, 18 months into it you've got $22K into a GW with no ABS or CC.
I guess you buy it if you're into the Hot Rod Bagger niche, but as much as I like 'em, they seem kind of a paradox.
vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #52
No False Enthusiasm
a quiet adventurer

Oddometer: 4,236
Quote:
Originally quoted by RobertOK:

I see heated grips, self-cancelling turn signals, etc. Don't see anything about ABS.
The nice thing about old age is that you see what you want to see, hear what you want to hear, and read what you want to read...

I could have sworn I saw ABS mentioned on the Honda site... maybe I was on the Canadian site!?!

Hard to imagine this heavy a bike, marketed to that focus group, and not including ABS....

I'll be on my Wee if you're looking for me...

NFE
No False Enthusiasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #53
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by California View Post
I've had this picture in my smugmug account for about 4 years....

So where did that pic come from?

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #54
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicster View Post
This bike looks cool, but I think at the end of the day you're spending 20 grand for a huge touring bike with no ABS, or CC. Then a few miles down the road, you're gonna think, "I'm tired of the wind blast, it needs a taller windshield. Just for longer trips" The windshield never gets removed. Then, "A trunk would give the wife something to lean against and add carrying capacity." So, 18 months into it you've got $22K into a GW with no ABS or CC.
I guess you buy it if you're into the Hot Rod Bagger niche, but as much as I like 'em, they seem kind of a paradox.
It's a Honda Road Glide, basically. Sure, you can do huge trips on them, but I would use it to commute. These kind of bikes are great commuters. Comfortable, reliable, decent weather protection, good locking storage, it's a bike you can run errands on, and not need a backpack.
UnsureFooting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #55
milo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicster View Post
No doubt this may occur with some of them. (Curious why that buyer wouldn't choose the regular Gold Wing though?)

As a solo rider I like the absence of 50 pounds (and that's if the trunk's empty) mounted high and behind the rear wheel. Also the Gold Wing's seat with it's backrest and arm rests, while comfortable for the passenger, looks like a Barcalounger perched back there. I agree that cruise and ABS should be available on a motorcycle like this.
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #56
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
I agree that cruise and ABS should be available on a motorcycle like this.
I showed the wife pic of the FB6 the other night. Last night out of the blue she asked me if the FB6 had cruise control. When I said no she asked about ABS, when I answered no to that she said "deal killer".

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
Old 11-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #57
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Man, this discussion makes me wonder... how did we ever survive with out ABS, cruise control, cup holders, and electric adjustable wind screens????
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #58
2tallnwide
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnich77 View Post
Man, this discussion makes me wonder... how did we ever survive with out ABS, cruise control, cup holders, and electric adjustable wind screens????
It's better to have them, and not need them, than to need them, and not have them???

If I was in the market for a $20K bagger I'd expect ABS & cruise considering the competition already offers them on theirs....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkh6lrOfT4

2tallnwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #59
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tallnwide View Post
if i was in the market for a $20k bagger i'd expect abs & cruise considering the competition already offers them on theirs....
+1

Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #60
Jnich77
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tallnwide View Post
It's better to have them, and not need them, than to need them, and not have them???

If I was in the market for a $20K bagger I'd expect ABS & cruise considering the competition already offers them on theirs....

Yeah, I can't fathom spending 20k on a motorcycle . I have been riding my 2004, $4,500, CB900 for the last 6 years and have never found myself wanting any of the "luxuries" found on the expensive bikes.. and with 76,000 miles one could assume that it see's more highway than driveway...lol.

But I do see your point, if I was going to pay that much I would expect it to be farkled from the factory.
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote