User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #1156
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,365
Zacatecas

I probably had my expectations for Zacatecas way to high ; it's a beautiful city , but in my opinion not as beautiful as other cities in the area , Morelia, Queretaro, Guanajuato . What I found kind of disturbing , was the lack of pedestrian areas . There are lots of cars anywhere and anytime,way too many and most of them trying to oversound the next car with its soundystem . Anyway, that's the way I saw and felt it , but nevertheless we enjoyed our stay there and I managed to find the beauty and interesting spots of the city without being overrun by a car

Food everywhere, and it was good food

The carnitas in this place were spectacular.

People demonstrating for ever or on never ending strikes are part of almost every city in Mexico, looks almost like it is a nationwide well organized enterprise

I liked the Indio Alegre better, but this sign got my attention and got me thinking : Why would you put the word triste (sad) in your business name ? ?

Recycling operation watched from the balcony of our hotel room

Old 11-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #1157
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Not sure on either destino.
I've got contractors, fumigators, painters, and relatives coming.
Not sure in which order either!
Puebla sounds intriguing and mole, pozole, and other oles sound inviting.
We could meet for breakfast, it's light at near 6am these days.
Don't make me loose a bet with our friend, the officer ! He said it would just be a breakfast meeting again, and I insisted that this time it would be a dinner meeting
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #1158
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

More of Zacatecas

Here some pics of the beauties of Zacatecas

The hotel Quinta Real was build around an old bullfight arena, quiet impressiv

La Bufa , a landmark of Zacatecas

This part of town reminded me a lot of Guanajuato

Walking around town at night is more relaxed then during the daytime

Old 11-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #1159
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,999
Hi Julio, that's classic Shawn, no escaping the keen observations of a lawman.
Interesting bet, we'll see how it works out. I think the only challenge Shawn has
left for Mexico riding is to do the Baja 1000 on a moped in a bathing suit during
a holiday weekend.
His lack of Pemex pee breaks makes me think he might be some sort of intelligent
life form from another planet, not to mention his work schedule!
MikeMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #1160
nailit2em
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Quote:
Hi Julio, that's classic Shawn, no escaping the keen observations of a lawman.
Interesting bet, we'll see how it works out. I think the only challenge Shawn has
left for Mexico riding is to do the Baja 1000 on a moped in a bathing suit during
a holiday weekend.
His lack of Pemex pee breaks makes me think he might be some sort of intelligent
life form from another planet, not to mention his work schedule!
Haha. Baja on a moped.....sounds like fun!! Maybe I won't run our of gas like I did last week.

Intelegent....never been accused of that.....from another planet...yep been accused of that!

Mike it sounds like you need a break from all of your troubles. Get those taken care of and hit the road!
Julio it looks like Creel was definitely a better destination from reading your opinion on Zacatecas. Somehow I've been very lucky with my trips. Meeting some of the greatest people in the world like you, Luisa and Mike. Then the scenery in those places. And the luck of meeting three amigos who got me gas.

Life is good!! (Yeah that's your line but....)
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #1161
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailit2em View Post

Mike it sounds like you need a break from all of your troubles. Get those taken care of and hit the road!

I second that
Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #1162
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Callejones de Zacatecas

One of the things I liked about Zacatecas are all the narrow, little "callejones"

Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #1163
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

In Zacatecas we had indoor parking as usual

But the morning we left , I had a little problem . Somebody parked his truck right in front of my garage

After taking off my panniers and turning my bike around inside the hotel lobby , I managed to get out
Old 11-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #1164
MikeMike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,999
Was the guy who parked the truck there the same guy who stole the fish from the fountain?
Viva Mexico!
Long weekend coming up, Julio. November 20th, Revolution Day. It is also "Buen Fin" which is the Mexican
version, by presidential decree, of the USA's "Black Thursday" or whatever they call the Thanksgiving retail madness.
Shop around, you might finally get that great deal on the 1.5 meter sombrero you have always wanted and been looking for!
The Craneguy from Cuernavaca is heading over with his newly remapped bike and we are heading to Los Humeros to get ourselves in some hot water. He'll be in Xalapa and that's just a stone's throw from Puebla via the straight black line of Amozoc and if I leave here at 5:30am and pick him up at 6:30am that might mean breakfast at 8am and I'll buy you guys breakfast because Shawn wins the bet...heh,heh!
Either that or something else. Craneguy has GPS too, so I can just follow him for a change and relax.
MikeMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #1165
miguelito
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Hey! I parked my bike by that same lobby "fuente" a few years ago. For future reference, I really like the Hotel Reyna Soledad in Zacatecas. It is much more comfortable and quiet than this hotel, and not much more expensive, (maybe 100 pesos more).

miguelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #1166
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Was the guy who parked the truck there the same guy who stole the fish from the fountain?
Viva Mexico!
Long weekend coming up, Julio. November 20th, Revolution Day. It is also "Buen Fin" which is the Mexican
version, by presidential decree, of the USA's "Black Thursday" or whatever they call the Thanksgiving retail madness.
Shop around, you might finally get that great deal on the 1.5 meter sombrero you have always wanted and been looking for!
The Craneguy from Cuernavaca is heading over with his newly remapped bike and we are heading to Los Humeros to get ourselves in some hot water. He'll be in Xalapa and that's just a stone's throw from Puebla via the straight black line of Amozoc and if I leave here at 5:30am and pick him up at 6:30am that might mean breakfast at 8am and I'll buy you guys breakfast because Shawn wins the bet...heh,heh!
Either that or something else. Craneguy has GPS too, so I can just follow him for a change and relax.

I'm not going to be down there for the long weekend, that's only a few days away. I still have some things to do and some friends to visit on my way down . It will more probably be the following weekend for Puebla and who knows when Oaxaca; I already got stuck twice in Puebla on my way up
Old 11-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #1167
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
Hey! I parked my bike by that same lobby "fuente" a few years ago. For future reference, I really like the Hotel Reyna Soledad in Zacatecas. It is much more comfortable and quiet than this hotel, and not much more expensive, (maybe 100 pesos more).

Hey Miguelito , good to hear from you again .
It's a small world out there , once you start riding it ...
Thanks for the link to the other hotel, more comfortable and quiet would have probably kept us one more day in Zacatecas
Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #1168
GuateRider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Morelia

Morelia...there is something about this city that we both like . There is always something going on , music festival, dance festival,cine festival...
We came here a few days ago just to see some friends again but a few days later, here we are . We are having a great time, not doing anything, just walking around, going to the markets, eating local food, cooking ,talking with friends

Here a few pics from the kitchen that I'm allowed to use ; how can you leave a place with such a spirit ???

Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #1169
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 755
Hola Amigos
The last picture needs a tranlation please! Eat a little, drink double, dream triple, (4 times then arrive old) thats the problem with my direct translation mind!
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #1170
Hewby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
Morelia...there is something about this city that we both like . There is always something going on , music festival, dance festival,cine festival...
Ah I loved Morelia, but yes it did seem to me to have an extroidinary amount of festivals. Maybe becuase it is the home of the former presidente? Enjoy! I have almost made it to your hometown! Looking forward to meeting your friends soon ;)