User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
RetrogradE OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
90th Anniversary GSA (The OTHER 2013 BMW)

Everyone is talking about the 2013 liquid cooled GS but I can't find a single thread about the 90th Anniversary R1200GSA.

I've never bought a new bike since there's plenty of used ones out there at big discounts from MSRP. But, if I want to buy and keep a bike for a long-ass time, it won't matter.

I'm considering the 90th Anniversary GSA. I figure it'll be like the elusive 2006 1150GSA.

Anyone have any info on this bike? When do they hit the showroom? Maybe they're already there and I'm too lazy to drive 20 miles to the dealer.

I don't think this Special Model is any different (mechanically) from the non-special model in 2012, but c'mon, it comes with an engraved brass placard dammit.

"90 years of character. BMW Motorrad is marking the anniversary of the exciting boxer model and its irrepressible pioneering spirit - 90 years of motorcycle construction motivated by sheer passion.

The adventure highlight is showcased at its most impressive: the anniversary outfit of the R 1200 GS Adventure comprises a matt black/gold paint finish. Like all the special models, it also bears high-quality model inscriptions and an exclusive brass plate on the clamp. The R 1200 GS Adventure stands for a level of fascination which can barely be surpassed.

90 years - unstoppable: the adventure highlight."

RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote