Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #16
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
The T5's I bought explicitly stated that the gloves are not waterproof and to spray them with water repellant if you'll be riding in the wet. So looks like they already are!?!?
Actually, it doesn't. The T5 page says nothing about anything not being waterproof but does come with a "Hypora® waterproof, breathable membrane". http://gerbing.com/Products/Gloves/T5.php

The G3s come with a "Waterproof/windproof/breathable Aquatex® liner to provide protection from water and wind (Leather is not waterproof and should be treated with Nikwax Glove proof)"

The description states they come with a waterproof liner. I made the mistake of assuming that a waterproof liner meant just that. It's a "waterproof" liner. The liner isn't waterproof. Gerbing doesn't seal the seams so there's thousands of tiny holes in the "Waterproof/windproof/breathable Aquatex® liner".

The shell of your jacket with a waterproof liner isn't "waterproof", but the jacket is still considered "waterproof". Actually, the fabric on the outside of a bonded waterproof jacket isn't "waterproof", either. The leather on my waterproof Sidi's boots isn't waterproof either. So, no I didn't expect the leather on the exterior of the glove to be "waterproof". However, I did expect the liner to be and I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation based on all the other gear and gear descriptions.

Here's all they have to do in order to make things clear:

"Water-resistant/windproof/breathable Aquatex® liner to provide protection from water and wind (Leather is not waterproof and should be treated with Nikwax Glove proof)"

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Patch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
To the OP: If you haven't already... you could try a local Harley Dealer. Last fall I couldn't get my size anywhere from any dealer or on-line (medium) and I walked into the local Harley shop and saw a FULL rack of HD Branded Gerbings liners. Seems my local HD tough-guys either don't ride in winter or are too manly to wire up

Sure they are an extra $20 (IIRC) but if you're cold it might be an option.
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
magallanas
AK to Mexico commuter

Oddometer: 181
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spummerr View Post
Gerbings gear is well worth waiting for. What's a few weeks!!
Uh, a few COLD weeks of riding!!!
magallanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
moymurfs

Oddometer: 2,177
They get wiped out this time every year. Cold & Christmas.... 'nuff said.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
Ceri JC
UK GSer

Oddometer: 2,462
Moymurfs is right. The smart time to buy heated gear is late spring/early summer.

Says the guy who just ordered a tent with a stove in it!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #21
Pincushion
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
I can agree that the long wait time for something you ordered can be pretty frustrating.

I ordered jacket liners and gloves for the wife and I, at last years IMS in Long Beach (2nd Week of December). The Wife gloves lady riders arrived New Years Eve. Both jacket liners and dual controllers arrived the end of January. The final part of the order, my G3 Gloves arrived March 1st....
I ordered everything at the IMS because I had hoped for a "Show Special" price, but they do not discount at these shows to insure they do not undercut their dealers (and I totally understand that). It made it worse when I realized that had I just gone to my local dealer I could have walked out with gear in hand at the same price. Gerbing did provide free cases for the dual controllers and free shipping as a show perk

Even after all this, I still say that our Gerbing gear (gloves and jacket liners) are some of our favorite accessories, making all year riding an option for us, no matter where we go.

President
Spyder Ryder of America - San Diego Chapter
www.SRA-SanDiego.com
Pincushion is offline   Reply With Quote