ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #271
sallydog
no more Green KLR

Oddometer: 5,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws justice View Post
yes,

1. That is what insurance is suppossed to help with.
2. We all have chosen to live where we do and hopefully we all know the risks, ie. floods, tornado's earthquacks etc.
3. Now it is time to help each other, it is OUR responsibility not the govenments.

I choose to live where I do, I looked at all aspects, ie flood plains, drainage, winds, snow, etc. access to the things I need etc. Those that choose to stay there will have to realize that this could happen again.
i agree but when you lose 40 or 50 years of photo albums and scrap books it doesn't matter how stupid you are.... it sucks
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #272
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallydog View Post
i agree but when you lose 40 or 50 years of photo albums and scrap books it doesn't matter how stupid you are.... it sucks
or centipede
Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #273
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws justice View Post
3. Now it is time to help each other, it is OUR responsibility not the government's.
Well said, Sir.

It was a warm, stunningly beautiful day up north. Hope you all down south had the advantage of the same fine weather, either to clean up or catch some late-season riding. Inmate Barbsironbutt and I managed to spool off a few miles on the dual-sports. It was a superb day. This time of year, each riding day is a gift.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #274
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallydog View Post
Our house was flooded in 85, lost nearly everything.
When we left, never expecting that the water would get that high.
The only thing my mom grabbed was photo albums, a very wise decision on her part.

And I've seen all we owned piled in the street outside, and many other families as well.

I know what you guys are going thru, and it is horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-ZRF7xolL8

I watch that video and I can still smell that mud, in everything.
I can't do more than offer my sympathies, hate to see anyone go thru this.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #275
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Them shore pics eerily reminded me of flood floyd 99 in bound brook.I wouldnt worry about the carpet or frniture As much as pictures you cant replace
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 AM   #276
shmula1
shmulik

Oddometer: 60
Tunel

shmula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #277
shmula1
shmulik

Oddometer: 60
shmula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #278
Bokononist

Oddometer: 16,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmula1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmula1 View Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #279
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
I dont exactly trust the red cross either.Back in 9-11 they collected over 100 million dollars.It was never turned into the victims it was returned to there coffers.THe president said this is money to run our charity foundation and clerical responsibilities.THen they collected blood and ended up throwing alot of blood out.Im not against helping people as I would rather give stuff to the victims my own personal self and know it went to the storm victims and not into some lousy greedy ass charity thats all for themselves,pffttt yeah non profit red cross better take a good look in the mirror. My co worker I told him if he needed any help Id help him,another friend in jackson had trees come down,Im gonna lend him my chain saw
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #280
Bokononist

Oddometer: 16,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
I dont exactly trust the red cross either.Back in 9-11 they collected over 100 million dollars.It was never turned into the victims it was returned to there coffers.THe president said this is money to run our charity foundation and clerical responsibilities.THen they collected blood and ended up throwing alot of blood out.Im not against helping people as I would rather give stuff to the victims my own personal self and know it went to the storm victims and not into some lousy greedy ass charity thats all for themselves,pffttt yeah non profit red cross better take a good look in the mirror. My co worker I told him if he needed any help Id help him,another friend in jackson had trees come down,Im gonna lend him my chain saw
They had to throw blood out. Really?
Should you be the guy they call to find out exactly how much blood will be collected?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #281
eap
El Adventurero Solitario

Oddometer: 3,246
Tax sollars at work

Return from Hurricane Sandy – just a note to report on “your tax dollars at work” – Our Public Health Service (PHS) health response team was de-mobilized as our replacements arrived on Nov 13, 2012. We established and operated a Federal Medical Shelter from Oct 30 – to present at Brookdale Hospital in Brooklyn. Here, we received and cared for ~94 nursing home residents from 3 homes destroyed (>50% of these patients require full assistance with activities of daily living ). They came in fragile, cold, frightened and in dehydrated or worse condition. By day 3 under sheltered care these elder citizens began rolling and walking and showed renewed signs of hope.

See short newspaper article (http://news.yahoo.com/public-health-...210400868.html) &/or visit our Facebook page, Search “PhsTwo Rdf” (while it lasts…) (some pretty neat videos produced onsite by our public info officers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Cwu...feature=relmfu
http://youtu.be/tnET4OLenkc

One letter, from one of our more alert and capable residents (redacted below) made the 12 hr days and sleeping on cots worth the effort:

Quote:
COPY (Redacted from handwritten note)
November 12, 2012
Brookdale Hospital
Brooklyn, NY

Att: U.S. Public Health Dept
Re: United We Stand

As per the above captioned, I am extremely proud of the U.S, Public Health Dept. Your generosity and kindness are a thing of magnificent beauty. We were lost and like the good shepard you healed us and set us back on solid ground. I have been transported back in time to my grammar school days when before our lessons we would stand and face our flag and repeat these beautiful words:

I pledge allegiance to the flag and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Your humble servant

Thanks you for your time and kind considerations.

Your humble servant,
Name withheld
PHS Team 2 (Second to None) Rapid Deployment Force (RDF)
"Over the Mountains Of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow, Ride, boldly ride," -From 'Eldorado', Edgar Allen Poe (1849) http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/eldrdoa.htm
eap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #282
BERZERKOWITZ

Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Fuck the Red Cross. I was at ground zero for a long time. The Salvation Army did way more for longer down there. I never pass a SA bucket without dropping something in. Don't waste your money on the Red Cross.
BERZERKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #283
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,527
I am going to (mostly) bite my tongue to avoid side tracking this away from the needs of the victims. Let's just say that the Red Cross being a non-profit organization des not mean that there are not a number of VERY well paid administrators as a part of the organization. During my time as a firefighter and formerly the Director of Emergency Management for our small town, I have seen us cope with three fairly substantial events (blizzard and two floods), Red Cross assistance could always be depended upon - as long as there were cameras rolling.

Back to the business of helping the victims!

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #284
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by eap View Post
Return from Hurricane Sandy – just a note to report on “your tax dollars at work” – Our Public Health Service (PHS) health response team was de-mobilized as our replacements arrived on Nov 13, 2012. We established and operated a Federal Medical Shelter from Oct 30 – to present at Brookdale Hospital in Brooklyn. Here, we received and cared for ~94 nursing home residents from 3 homes destroyed (>50% of these patients require full assistance with activities of daily living ). They came in fragile, cold, frightened and in dehydrated or worse condition. By day 3 under sheltered care these elder citizens began rolling and walking and showed renewed signs of hope.

See short newspaper article (http://news.yahoo.com/public-health-...210400868.html) &/or visit our Facebook page, Search “PhsTwo Rdf” (while it lasts…) (some pretty neat videos produced onsite by our public info officers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Cwu...feature=relmfu
http://youtu.be/tnET4OLenkc

One letter, from one of our more alert and capable residents (redacted below) made the 12 hr days and sleeping on cots worth the effort:

PHS Team 2 (Second to None) Rapid Deployment Force (RDF)
As lousy as the care is in most for profit old age homes, anything you could have done would have been an improvement.

How they get away with poor care, badly trained and uncaring staff, and high monthly fees is a black eye on our society.

Thanks for providing a short respite to their normally horrendous care.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #285
Jeff B
Socially Awkward

Oddometer: 5,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Our house was flooded in 85, lost nearly everything.
Your youtube link led me to watch a bunch more vids.

Wow!

I wasn't aware that your counties got hit so hard from that storm. Also I didn't realize you were native to the area.

Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote