Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #1171
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload View Post
Coming out of my subdivision this morning, I watched a Mitsubishi SUV ahead of me...slowly...begin...to...drift...towards...the.. .curb....BAM! bounced up and then back off the curb!

Didn't even slow down, didn't even see any brake lights...

Got down to the end of the road, the SUV was turning right and I pulled up next to it to turn left. Looked over to see a woman driving it....with a long black mascara mark from the corner of her eye and down her cheek, tightly gripping the steering wheel and refusing to make eye contact. Her cheeks looked about as red as her car.....
That's some funny stuff there. Its too rare that people get what they deserve.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #1172
pretbek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload View Post
Coming out of my subdivision this morning, I watched a Mitsubishi SUV ahead of me...slowly...begin...to...drift...towards...the.. .curb....BAM! bounced up and then back off the curb!

Didn't even slow down, didn't even see any brake lights...

Got down to the end of the road, the SUV was turning right and I pulled up next to it to turn left. Looked over to see a woman driving it....with a long black mascara mark from the corner of her eye and down her cheek, tightly gripping the steering wheel and refusing to make eye contact. Her cheeks looked about as red as her car.....

This one had me burst out in loud laughter!
Finally an instant rubbing in of what an astronomically stupid thing the driver was doing, while driving.
pretbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #1173
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Going home yesterday. Sitting behind one car in the only straight lane at a light. Black Malibu with dark windows and stupid chrome wheels and dumb gold pinstriping all over it sitting in the left turn lane to the left of the one car in front of me.

Light changes green, including the left turn arrow for Malibidiot. Malibidiot decides he needs to go straight too, and proceeds to cut me off in the middle of the intersection to wedge his way between me and the car I was behind. Fuck you. Whatever...shit happens. I shake my head and continue on. Now we are on this single lane street with a wide bicycle lane on the shoulder. Malibidiot starts to brake, the left turn signal comes, and the car in front of him is turning right. There is oncoming traffic in the other direction. The car in front completes its right turn, and me seeing the oncoming traffic I know that Mailibidiot is going to need to stop before turning left and will be blocking the lane, so I proceed to pass on the right in the bicycle lane (sort of a common thing around here on these single lane streets).

As I'm passing, I realize that for whatever reason, Malibidiot has, once again, decided to NOT turn left and now I'm passing a car on the shoulder that is going straight. :facepalm. Fortunately, the idiot didn't try to run me into the curb or anything, but I HATE indecisive, confused drivers who indicate one thing and do another. Get with the fucking program!
Used to see that in Kentucky all the time outside of the cities. The second guy in line would signal so you knew what the guy in front was doing even though they weren't turning. I got hung out to dry a couple of times before learning not to believe that both the guys in front of me were turning right.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #1174
DR Donk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Going home yesterday. Sitting behind one car in the only straight lane at a light. Black Malibu with dark windows and stupid chrome wheels and dumb gold pinstriping all over it sitting in the left turn lane to the left of the one car in front of me.

Light changes green, including the left turn arrow for Malibidiot. Malibidiot decides he needs to go straight too, and proceeds to cut me off in the middle of the intersection to wedge his way between me and the car I was behind. Fuck you. Whatever...shit happens. I shake my head and continue on. Now we are on this single lane street with a wide bicycle lane on the shoulder. Malibidiot starts to brake, the left turn signal comes, and the car in front of him is turning right. There is oncoming traffic in the other direction. The car in front completes its right turn, and me seeing the oncoming traffic I know that Mailibidiot is going to need to stop before turning left and will be blocking the lane, so I proceed to pass on the right in the bicycle lane (sort of a common thing around here on these single lane streets).

As I'm passing, I realize that for whatever reason, Malibidiot has, once again, decided to NOT turn left and now I'm passing a car on the shoulder that is going straight. :facepalm. Fortunately, the idiot didn't try to run me into the curb or anything, but I HATE indecisive, confused drivers who indicate one thing and do another. Get with the fucking program!
As I was reading this I thought you were going to say "he made a right hand turn as I was passing him on the right!
DR Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1175
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,027
I actually saw a guy on a scooter texting the other morning... And no, he wasn't parked.

Wish I could have got a photo.

First time I've seen that in 25 years on the road.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #1176
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Donk View Post
As I was reading this I thought you were going to say "he made a right hand turn as I was passing him on the right!

The thought flashed through my head while I cracked the throttle WFO to GTFO of there as soon as I realized what was happening.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #1177
psychopompos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Left turners

This morning, I'm turning left onto a bigger street, white civic with a young female driver opposite me turning right. She goes first, I go after here, we're puttering along at around 30 (limit 25). A couple of blocks later she puts on her left turn signal and without slowing down right into the driver's door of an oncoming white coupe(something like a Pontiac G6 possibly). Just as I'm bracing for the sound of metal crushing and glass breaking, she wakes up and slams on the brakes, the other guy swerves and slams on the brakes, they avoid each other and the other car manages to stop inches away from a parked car. He couldn't have done it any better. Should've stuck around for the talk(spanking).
psychopompos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #1178
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,696
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #1179
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakez View Post
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #1180
Too_Tall
The Belgian

Oddometer: 571
How about my karma moment this afternoon;

Old 11-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #1181
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,696
Repost from the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by clang View Post
Driving home last night from the office, in heavy, slow traffic, the crawling mass of vehicles approaches the northern end of the city where the HOV lanes merge with those of us not environmentally conscious enough to carpool. I am in the left most lane where the incoming HOV traffic merges. There is a runout of about 200 yards before the two lanes become one. Most people are merging politely, alternating cars. A guy in a shiny BMW scoots further to the left partially onto the shoulder and leans on his horn as he tries to get around the merging cars. As I am watching this in my rear view mirror, the car behind me scoots some to the left in now what is an overly wide single lane to block the BMW from traveling further up shoulder/lane. They guy leans heavily on his horn again, runs right up on the car behind me. They move over, and he shoots past them, up beside me in now what is a regular sized single lane, horn again, looks over, flips ME off and bangs his fists on his steering wheel.

Fast forward to this morning. I have a meeting with a vendor that has been trying to get in front of met to pitch their product. The receptionist brings the vendor to my office, and guess who it is. BAM meeting over in less than 60 seconds.

I doubt I will hear from him again.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #1182
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too_Tall View Post
How about my karma moment this afternoon;

Looks like there's self-centered asshats that pull out in front of you and go slow in EUR too. Not that I want anyone to encounter em, but its good to know the US isn't the only place in the world that that happens.

M
Old 12-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #1183
D R
----

Oddometer: 483
It was twilight as I left for work yesterday morning. The darkness was giving way to light but the remnants of overnight fog precluded seeing any signs of the sun’s morning glow on the eastern horizon. I made my way through the neighborhood towards the Interstate as I always do when heading to work.

The roads in the neighborhood are winding and narrow – narrow enough in places, two SUVs moving in opposite directions would have difficulty passing without touching. There are no paved or graveled shoulders anywhere along the roads. If you go off the pavement, you are either in a ditch or someone’s front yard. There are lots of trees and bushes in the yards, as well as in the fields between the houses. The posted speed limit is 25 mph. Given the morning twilight conditions, I’m religiously sticking to 25 mph or less.

It’s approximately four miles from my driveway to the exit from my neighborhood. After travelling about three and a half miles, I turn right and straighten out on the road which will take me out of my neighborhood and onto the Interstate. Just ahead on my right is a yard with several large bushy trees close to the road. As I approach the bushy trees, a voice from the crow’s nest suddenly calls out ”Captain!!! Enemy sighted, close off the starboard bow!!!” Two deer have come into view just past the cluster of bushy trees.

I’ve encountered deer in my neighborhood many times in the past and to date, all encounters have been uneventful. These two deer however are only a couple of yards from the edge of the road. Having been hidden by the cluster of bushy trees they are closer than any other deer I’ve previously encountered! No sooner has the presence of these two deer registered when two more deer come into view behind them – it’s an entire enemy squadron!!!

“Captain to crew—clear decks for action!!! Standby to initiate evasive maneuvers!!!”

As we all know, deer can be quite skittish and bolt unpredictably in any direction, at any time. At this very moment however, I’ve yet to observe any sign these four deer are adversely reacting to my presence and thus I may have a brief moment of tactical advantage. I begin rolling off the throttle and applying some brakes. As there is no oncoming traffic, I prepare to move over towards the left side of the pavement to create more distance between myself and the nearby hostile force.

As events are unfolding, my velocity continues to move me forward and as such, more of what is behind the bushy trees is coming into view – Six deer!!! EIGHT DEER!!!! The enemy has sent an entire armada to ambush me!!! I’ve NEVER encountered this many deer on the road at one time. What have I done to make the deer so angry at me this morning? …and behind deer seven and eight there is --- wait a minute…. is that a sleigh? ….and in the sleigh, ….a replica of a fat, bearded man in a red suit?

“Captain to crew – forces off the starboard bow deemed non-hostile. Stand down and resume normal operations.”

I didn’t need a morning cup of coffee when I arrived at work.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 AM   #1184
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 765
^ ^ ^ ^

Just read this to my half-asleep GF, and we both had a good laugh!!

Comedy.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #1185
aeneas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
I drive every day to work. Don't have many spectacular stories. Try to behave, keep out of trouble and watch my mirrors very closely.
Do about 10km on the highway, during rush traffic. Lane splitting is allowed here and is usually no problem.
You can to predict after a while when a car wants to do a sudden change of direction and anticipate this.

Only have a problem with big trucks that are in the left lane (which isn't allowed) so then you can't split lanes.. and some cars also just keep on the right side of the left lane and don't want to make room for you to pass..

The roads going towards the highway are more dangerous for me;
I pass 2 school areas where you can only drive 30kmh (20mph).
In one I often get passed on the left, but at the end of the street cars are stuck for minutes before a red light, so I pass them all again. :) I just laugh with them.

At another school I sometimes get passed by cars on the right, they just go over a bicycle path. That's less fun as usually I didn't expect them and as the road is a bit small, their mirror just passes my handlebar within an inch..
This happens about once a month to me..

Weird things I remember;. someone once threw a cigarette out of the window just in front of me, hit me on the helmet. Gives a spectacular ball of fire but it's immediately gone.
Also hit a pigeon once on the exit of the highway. My fault, I had room enough to pass it left or right, but was just so fixated that it tried to land in the middle of the road that I hit it. Lots of feathers when it hit my windshield..

Haven't had much road rage or drivers that try to block me. I try ignore them, either stay behind them and leave some distance, or pass them and get away fast. Had one block me when I was filtering at a red light. Moved his car all the way to the right next to a truck so I could not get in between. This left me enough room to pass him on the left :) then he moved forward so he almost touched the car in front of him, but that one also let me pass on the left..

Sometimes I have young people on 50cc scooters/honda dax/.. that want to race me at the a red light. Yeah as if you have a chance against 800cc..

Last week had a close call. Saw a bmw jeep coming fast behind me. Had to turn left, put on my indicator light, and wanted to get into the specific lane. Just when I start to move left I look again and notice he hasn't slowed down, although the light is already red. So I stay in the right lane and he goes past me at full speed and takes a left turn while it's allready 2 to 3 seconds red.. idiot. Worst of all, when it's green again I turn left left and he's just parked behind the corner, sitting in his car reading some papers. So he didn't win any time, but almost hit me.
aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote