Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 AM   #286
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Krumpet View Post
Yup, It's only recently I have actually started pushing my rubber, wet & dry and yeah, they stick like araldite if you ride well.

Truth to be told if I was riding well I wouldn't have had the ass end in the air coming into a decreasing radius turn. I wasn't aggressive enough to finish the pass before hand so I had to check up.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #287
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
I've pulled the rear wheel off the ground with maybe a 20* learn. Its really quite amazing how good new tire technology is. I didn't do that with warmed slicks, that was performance street tires, not even DOTs.
Not surprising.
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #288
ibafran
villagidiot

Oddometer: 1,285
I was watching "Faster" last night and noted a phrase in the movie, "GP bikes will brake at 2.5 G." That seems unrealistic to me? Anybody know of any telemetry to support that? And I noted the rear wheel being carried off pavement for a long way during high speed braking. Whoever posted that one could threshold trail brake while being leaned over and carrying the rear to about 20 degrees off verticle seems to be correct. The movie supported that in a cuppla places. Not that every rider was doing that on every corner. But it happened often enough that it seems to be no problemo for the Aliens. Natchurlly, street riders are not going to make a habit of that. Nor do you see much of that on IOM-type vids. There were other marvels in the film only brought out by the super, high def, super slo-mo parts.

For racers on 30psi tires, one would think that the slo-mo heavy braking would show a much more flattened and squirmy front contact patch?

Also, there was a part talking about crash rates for the Aliens compared to me and my fellow mere mortal track day riders. No surprise there. But it is disheartening to be so clearly reminded that I have no comparative riding talent.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #289
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibafran View Post
I was watching "Faster" last night and noted a phrase in the movie, "GP bikes will brake at 2.5 G." That seems unrealistic to me? Anybody know of any telemetry to support that? And I noted the rear wheel being carried off pavement for a long way during high speed braking. Whoever posted that one could threshold trail brake while being leaned over and carrying the rear to about 20 degrees off verticle seems to be correct. The movie supported that in a cuppla places. Not that every rider was doing that on every corner. But it happened often enough that it seems to be no problemo for the Aliens. Natchurlly, street riders are not going to make a habit of that. Nor do you see much of that on IOM-type vids. There were other marvels in the film only brought out by the super, high def, super slo-mo parts.

For racers on 30psi tires, one would think that the slo-mo heavy braking would show a much more flattened and squirmy front contact patch?

Also, there was a part talking about crash rates for the Aliens compared to me and my fellow mere mortal track day riders. No surprise there. But it is disheartening to be so clearly reminded that I have no comparative riding talent.

In that PDF provided above the WSBK's where braking at about 1.5 and the 125GP bikes where doing about 1.

What was there crash rate before hand, also how many times did Rossi hit the pavement? Seems like more than most people I know do in a season.
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #290
Motogymkhanaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
In various parts of the forum there is much discussion as to the advantages/disadvantages of ABS systems on bikes.

It seems that Bosch in Germany have come up with a development to their ABS system that means it now works just as well in corners as it does on the straight.

http://www.bosch-motorcycle.com/en/u...y_control.html
Old 04-17-2014, 12:05 PM   #291
outlaws justice OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
New Season for many getting ready to kick off here in the North, thought I would push this to the top!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #292
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Oddometer: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaws justice View Post
thought I would push this to the top!
Thanks for that, wouldn't have seen this otherwise. Great article & thread with knowledgeable dialogue. I've been working on subtle , smooth(er) inputs entering & exiting corners. Trail braking takes awhile to become 2nd nature but I have been carrying brake application into a corner in order to "smooth out" suspension action.
It's resources like this, "Proficiency in Moto.." & Lee Parks classes that have played a big role in smoothing out my learning curve.

Like Gary LaPlante (http://www.motoventures.com/) always say's: "Practice, practice, practice"

Shooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #293
outlaws justice OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
But since we're taking Nick's word as law, here's one for David (who decided to quote Nick) and the rest of the Lee Parks fans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Ienatsch, "The Pace"
The street is not a racing environment, and it takes humility, self assurance and self control to keep it that way. The leader sets the pace and monitors his mirrors for signs of raggedness in the ranks that follow, such as tucking in on straights, crossing over the yellow line and hanging off the motorcycle in the corners.

Since I was messaged about this again, Please take a moment to read this.

The Pace 2.0 Where Nick takes the Time to Clarify what was written in the pace and actually takes time to make corrections as well.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/09/16...riding-skills/

Dwoodward, you can do as suggested, try the stuff, if you don't like it don't use it but please don't blast others who are using it to improve. He states right in the article, don't take his word for it, I don't, I go out and try things, learn from those who ride better than I do and work to become a better rider.