Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #31
MrBob OP
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
Look for the plastic symbol type on the luggage then find the same plastic to use for repair-doesn't have to be the same item, just same plastic. Take a look at some other plastic items and see what they are made of or google the symbols.
I looked a few weeks ago and no luck on the symbols. If I had found them this would have been an easier task.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #32
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
Look for the plastic symbol type on the luggage then find the same plastic to use for repair-doesn't have to be the same item, just same plastic. Take a look at some other plastic items and see what they are made of or google the symbols.
Those are identification for recycling, they tell the processor what it is so it can be treated appropriately. Durable goods tend to not have these marks, as the likelihood of them landing in the recycling stream is very slim.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #33
Terry
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,300
I used PlastiFix

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_py8hn05ax_b

On a plastic seat pan. I reinforced it with fiberglass mesh. Not knowing the type of plastic, I can't say for sure it would work, but I'd sure give it a try. You could make an almost invisible repair on the outside by adding the mesh on the inside. The stuff really works well.

Terry
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #34
MrBob OP
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I used PlastiFix

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...sl_py8hn05ax_b

On a plastic seat pan. I reinforced it with fiberglass mesh. Not knowing the type of plastic, I can't say for sure it would work, but I'd sure give it a try. You could make an almost invisible repair on the outside by adding the mesh on the inside. The stuff really works well.

Terry
It does look like a great product. Their Youtube video is pretty interesting, too. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with polypropylene, but if I had an ABS or similar plastic to repair I think it would be a good choice.