ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
utefan
03'XR650R

Oddometer: 303
Bob - as you once said "you are lucky" - heal up quick!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
Slowred
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 604
Ouch Bob!

Heal quickly.
Slowred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #18
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,456
Bob something just dawned on me, you have the Rekluse Auto Clutch on that bike & it's your left wrist? Beef up that cast & let's ride
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #19
rattlecan
Caffeine Driven

Oddometer: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Bob something just dawned on me, you have the Rekluse Auto Clutch on that bike & it's your left wrist? Beef up that cast & let's ride
Yeah, you can see how much good it did me.
rattlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #20
AZ4us
AZ Explorer

Oddometer: 259
The same thing happened to me 2 years ago. Get well soon Bob.
AZ4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #21
bikeslut OP
adventurous stud

Oddometer: 1,599
Bob- did a short Ride Report if you'd like to add pictures or commentary
Old 11-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #22
rattlecan
Caffeine Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ4us View Post
The same thing happened to me 2 years ago. Get well soon Bob.
That's a coincidence. The same thing happened to me two years ago too.

10-4 on the ride report Bob. Only had a couple more pics.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
Viper210
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I will be visiting Prescott this December 22-30, 2012. I'm going to be spending Christmas at my inlaws place. This will be my third trip to Prescott. First time Feb 2010 and second time in Nov 2011. While I was there, we took the Hummer and road through some really nice areas that I imagined would be amazing on my DRZ400S. A couple of the areas that we rode through close enough to "home for the time being" was The Prescott National Forest (minutes away) and Sedona riding on red dirt to some ancient Indian dwellings open to the public. I am seriously considering bringing my DRZ400S to do some DS riding while there this year. Im looking for DS companion(s) in the area who share the same passion of exploring and would like to show me some of the best trails and sites for an intermediate level rider from South Texas. Not looking to do any rock climbing or anything too extreme. Just want to have a great adventure on the bike while there. Im plated and road legal. Ive got nothing obnoxious but have done the 3x3 mod, re-jetted and running the Yoshi RS2 full exhaust. Hope that wont be a problem in the parks. Here's a picture of my deezer I will be taking this time around.
'11 DRZ400S Acerbis Handguards,TT Case Savers,Unibiker Radiator Guards,Hyde Skid Plate,Kenda 270,HEL Braided Lines,IMMIX Cargo Rack,3X3 Mod,JD Jet Kit,Yoshi Fender Eliminator Kit,Moose Headlight Cowl Bag,Moose Cross Bar Pad,Swing Arm Decals,Gripper Seat Cover,ASV F3 Brake & Clutch Levers,Yoshi RS-2 Full Exhaust CF,Zeta Brake Clevis,Anodized Check Plugs,Mishimoto Hoses
Viper210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #24
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 1,930
Hey Viper,

Bring that purty thing out and we will not, absolutley not show you any rocks or anything too extreme, I promise....

Dude, thats all we got here.

Anyway she will not go home looking as sweet as it is now if'in you do any ridin' wih the Rattlecan, I can garantee that!

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
rattlecan
Caffeine Driven

sos dd

Old 11-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #26
Viper210
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
Hey Viper,

Bring that purty thing out and we will not, absolutley not show you any rocks or anything too extreme, I promise....

Dude, thats all we got here.

Anyway she will not go home looking as sweet as it is now if'in you do any ridin' wih the Rattlecan, I can garantee that!
This photo was taken when she was younger and cleaned up. She's been shiney side down plenty in the past year. I ain't sceeeered. Just don't want to be climbing sheer cliffs of rocks or blazing through areas I am unfamiliar with just for locals to see the "out of towner" f*&ck himself or his ride up. AZ is more extreme then south Texas I agree. But I'll push myself hoping my new friends will limit my damages and take me under their wing....If not look for me in late December. My rear tire tread looks like this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
'11 DRZ400S Acerbis Handguards,TT Case Savers,Unibiker Radiator Guards,Hyde Skid Plate,Kenda 270,HEL Braided Lines,IMMIX Cargo Rack,3X3 Mod,JD Jet Kit,Yoshi Fender Eliminator Kit,Moose Headlight Cowl Bag,Moose Cross Bar Pad,Swing Arm Decals,Gripper Seat Cover,ASV F3 Brake & Clutch Levers,Yoshi RS-2 Full Exhaust CF,Zeta Brake Clevis,Anodized Check Plugs,Mishimoto Hoses

Viper210 screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 12:12 AM
Viper210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #27
bikeslut OP
adventurous stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper210 View Post
This photo was taken when she was younger and cleaned up. She's been shiney side down plenty in the past year. I ain't sceeeered. Just don't want to be climbing sheer cliffs of rocks or blazing through areas I am unfamiliar with just for locals to see the "out of towner" f*&ck himself or his ride up. AZ is more extreme then south Texas I agree. But I'll push myself hoping my new friends will limit my damages and take me under their wing....If not look for me in late December. My rear tire tread looks like this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
I also ride a DRZ, and the routes rattlecan took us on were great; nothing extreme at all, but a number of the trails have LOTS of loose rocks.. stand up, keep on the gas and power through, and you'll be fine

we rode a moderate pace, and my DRZ was absolutely up to the task- rattlecan will NOT steer you wrong. Showing an out of towner your riding area is a privilege and Bob did it right. Started on some easy trails, then stopped to make sure we were ok with the pace and the terrain... we said, hell yeah, let's go... and we did;

When I show out of towners my areas, I always start out really easy, and gradually ramp up the trails until they say "that's enough" (Or I say it; "that trail is really hard, ride that... I'll meet you on the other end")
Old 11-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #28
bikeslut OP
adventurous stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlecan View Post
sos dd

Bob... is that really you again? THREE broken wrists? you need to take some Judo lessons or something
Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #29
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
If you would just go with me & ride at my slow pace this wouldn't keep happening

I know too boring, but beats sitting on that couch
Uhm, yeh. I've seen your slow pace across the res and I couldn't even keep up with your dust!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtKlod View Post
Uhm, yeh. I've seen your slow pace across the res and I couldn't even keep up with your dust!
Busted
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote