Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
My goal is around January to have at least two different tall sizes

Also TODAY is the last day for the Colorado Pant at $132 and the Colorado Jersey at $29.60
Just ordered, but coupon says expired. What next?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Just ordered, but coupon says expired. What next?

Same here...just ordered a pair of pants....Coupon did not work?

Cheers
Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
Same here...just ordered a pair of pants....Coupon did not work?

Cheers
Sorry guys I thought I put the end time at midnight, but I guess not. I will refund each of you the coupon amount and I fixed the coupon for anyone else.

Sorry and thanks for the orders!

They will go out tomorrow.
Ben

Westfest 2013
Canyonlands Adventure Ride
COXR650L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Sunfire
I'm no n00b... :)

Oddometer: 162
Well, I'm all for supporting "local" talent, so I've made my purchase. Hopefully it will fit, but if not, I'm sure you won't mind an exchange.

Good luck on this adventure!

Paul
Old 11-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #20
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

If you are concerned about sizing or have any questions PM me and we can discuss it before it ships.

Thanks guys!
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
Well, I'm all for supporting "local" talent, so I've made my purchase. Hopefully it will fit, but if not, I'm sure you won't mind an exchange.

Good luck on this adventure!

Paul

Westfest 2013
Old 11-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #21
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live

Oddometer: 2,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by COXR650L View Post
If you are concerned about sizing or have any questions PM me and we can discuss it before it ships.

Thanks guys!
Ben
Thanks Ben for handling the coupon offer Size wise, the only concern i sea is the inseam, i notice you will be offering tall size in the near future, worst case senario i may need to go that way. If so i will pay the original price when the talls are available. Looking forward to seaing the product show up. Thanks again

RIDE ON!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrtracin View Post
Thanks Ben for handling the coupon offer Size wise, the only concern i sea is the inseam, i notice you will be offering tall size in the near future, worst case senario i may need to go that way. If so i will pay the original price when the talls are available. Looking forward to seaing the product show up. Thanks again

RIDE ON!
Same here...it's great to have a local alternative...Go USA!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
wolftrax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 331
Just pulled the trigger on a set of these pants. Love the looks of them and made in the USA, can't remember the last time I bought gear made here at home! Have high expectations.

wolftrax screwed with this post 11-13-2012 at 07:00 PM Reason: spelling
wolftrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #24
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks and the orders placed today will ship tomorrow.

The RIDEDUBINKY coupon has expired. Thanks to everyone that ordered.

We are still still giving 10% off to all ADVer's with coupon code "ADVrider". Also, we are now offering FREE shipping on any combined order of pants and a jersey (or multiple pairs of pants).

With the weather getting colder this is the perfect time to get a great 4 season pant

Westfest 2013
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #25
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,413
Early this Summer Ben dropped me a PM and asked if I might want to give these pants a try. I *think* I may have gotten the first pair off the press.

Executive Summary: These pants hold up REALLY well. The fit is great for my "Hank Hill" physique plenty of adjustibility in the waist. The venting is great...so much so you may find dust in areas you don't normally see it Very nice in the hot weather, not too cold in the cooler weather.

The Nitty Gritty:

Rider: 45 yr. 5' 11" 185lbs. Primarily dirt

Conditions tested:

Dirt:
Rampart Range, Taylor Park, Willow Creek, Sargents areas, Watkins Motocross track, Colorado
Moab, Dibinky Wells/White Wash area, Utah

Bike: KTM 453 Exc

Temperature range: 30's to 85+ degrees F

Street/Dual Sport:
Communting Denver area: Approx 400 miles (it's a short drive to work!)
Distance riding: Greater Colorado area, approx 3,000 miles
Bike: Suzuki V-Strom 650

Temperature Range: 27 - 90+ degrees F

The Pants:

I tried these pants as a "cross-over" between a pure dirt pant (at which they excel) but also as a dual sport/street pant as well. While they are not set up with any padding or armor for street use, they held up really well against my Asterisk knee braces.

As noted above, the first thing that jumps out is the construction. Everything is double stitched and solid. I seem to move between a 32" waist and 34" and these pants fit the bill and never sagged or drooped.
There is enough adjustabilty that I could even pull them over jeans for a quick trip. Although I can't say they would work as an overpant for all body types.

The inner legs are leather and after a summer of riding, there is little more than a few scuffs. No rips or burns, and even with repeated washings, they look new.

The legs are split up the back with HD Velcro closures to wear either as a "tight" over the boot or "Loose" over the boot. There is also a velcro strap around the ankle that can be adjusted to seal the pant against the boot.

This strap was at first a concern, as I was worried it may come open and get caught in the bike, but it never moved (although I was not riding "New England" tight conditions). You may also notice that if the cuff is really tight around your boot the pants don't move much when you transition from sitting to standing, and you may feel like your pants get caught. A little loosening solved the issue.

Cooling:

This is the big selling point with the Dibinky pants, there are two loonng zippers on each thigh. These *can* be manipulated while riding if you are really careful, but to get them fully open or closed you probably will need to stop. The zippers are solid and high quality. If you were riding mostly road/easy dirt, you might want to add some loops to the zipper pulls for ease of use.

With the vents open, you actually start realizing how hot your boots are! Venting is best when standing, on the street the V-Strom I was riding has a bit of a fairing so I'm not sure how much more flow you'd get from a naked bike at speed. With summer temps into the 90's+ the vents were a relief. They DO flow a lot of air and the mesh panels also flow a bit of dust as well. A very small price to pay.

With the vents zipped, the pants were adequate when it got closer to cold than cool, the size of the vents and the construction still allows a bit of air to flow, so you do notice a little airflow even with everything closed. Certainly not like a pant with a mesh crotch panel, but enough that you are not sweating. Not unpleasant or concerning, but not full on "Warm" when the temps drop and you are still doing highway+ speeds.

Fashion Statement:

These area a good looking set of pants. Low key with only the white/yellow stitching on the flap pockets (which stay closed by the way!) this was huge for a lot of riders. I took the opportunity to talk to riders both at the track and on the trail and all gave them a thumbs up. Now if you are a "Do these pant's make my butt look big?" type rider you will notice that with the vents open, the pants give you a "wide" stance. Kind of like a pair of Jodpher pants one would wear during a fox hunt, they balloon a bit at the thighs. A quick zip and they look like any other high end riding pant.

Overall I give them two thumbs up. Certainly not a budget pant, but high quality with great features. I personally would buy them but I honestly don't know if I will wear these out! I would love to see them in a Grey color similar to the Klim pants which would give even more cooling than the heat absorbing black. They work very well as a "western riding area" pant, I think that in true "grab you and pull you off the bike" tight riding, the open construction may cause some guys to get hung up (this is all speculation though). They are a really good transition pant from dirt to dualsport/street, but without armor they may not fit the ATGATT theme completely. Still a really solid pant. Certainly a winner!

Rod
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester

Rodzilla screwed with this post 11-15-2012 at 08:53 AM
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #26
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer: 2,614
Ill mark this page for Christmas list pants

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #27
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Rod,

Thanks for the review! I am glad they have been working out for you.

That pant was a prototype that I did all the cutting/sewing on, so not only was it made in America, it was made by me (needless to say quality has improved with professionals now doing the work!)

Hotmamaandme-

I'll be looking for your order.

Go to DUBINKY.COM to order and use coupon code "Advrider" for 10% off. Also, we have FREE UPS shipping if you buy a jersey and pair of pants.

Thanks
Ben

Westfest 2013
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #28
Tammy
Team 2nd Wind

Oddometer: 1,454
for us tall girls

Hey what about me size 10 ok maybe a 12 with a 38 inseam 39s fit better.

Got anything to fit me
AMA / CJCR / ECEA
In a world that what we want is only what we want until it's ours
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #29
COXR650L OP
Beastly Adventurer

Lol, no. Really a 39 ineasm

Check out our facebook, it is just up so still a work in progress. http://www.facebook.com/Dubinky

Thanks all,
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Hey what about me size 10 ok maybe a 12 with a 38 inseam 39s fit better.

Got anything to fit me

Westfest 2013
Old 11-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #30
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Roda DS ride yesterday...riding my Tiger 800XC in Florida.
As already mention, great quality, well sewn & nicely thought out.
Here's my input...
The "Cinch' straps around the ancle area are facing the wrong way, they face forward when closed & get pulled open. The Velcro on the calf section does a great job keeping the pant leg closed & I will cut the strap off.
I believe most will find these pants too short, they ride real high when seated. Fine while you are standing, howeve come up high on teh boot when sitting & having no elasticity in the knee area limits easy movement of the knee. Left home at about the temp being high 50's, they kept me warm, as the day got up to 70 I opened the vents & they worked well....just keep moving.
Pockets are great & nice to have the small zipper pocket. They washed well today & ready to go.
Shipping was ultra fast & customer service is a great!!!
With some refinements , thses will be a great alternative to Klim & others.
Thanks