Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
nupit OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
LA/Baja/Panama late Nov./early Dec.

Hello all,
I'm planning on leaving Southern California for Baja late Nov/early Dec. I'm currently in the planning stages, and getting my bike prepared. (Dr650). I want to cross at Tecate and ride the Compadre trail to San Felipe, and maybe stop at Mikes sky rancho(I'm still researching my routes, and am flexible), and I will be taking the ferry to Mazatlan.
I'm not on a strict schedule, and would like to do some camping along the way.
If anyone is planning on leaving around that time frame, and would like a riding partner, you can reach me at nupit1@netzero.com.
Thanks, Mark

PS. I speak some spanish....
nupit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
GSSwede
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Talking Going South

Finally it look like´s I´ll´be on the road again. Dealyed 3 month´s due to my joob.
Planing to leave Toronto 5th dec, be at Mexican border around the 10th - 11th. Where ?? Havn´t decided yet
Baja or /and Copper Canyon and then south. All the way down. Hope to catch a boat fr Panama 12 th jan.
Wouldn´t mind some company through Mexico. My Spanish, just a few words. Planing to stop in Guatemala for a few day´s to read some Spanish
GSSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,689
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841465

south of maz make sure to check out chacala and sayulita!
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
nupit OP
Adventurer

Thanks eakins, I need all the info I can get!
GSswede,
Can you tell me a little more? How much off-road, camping, miles per day? Thanks
From what I've been reading, if you don't like the off road, better to do copper cyn than baja. Especially coming from toronto.
Maybe someone with more experience will comment further. (I'm just going by what I've read here)
Old 11-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
the maestro
Mountain Biker

Oddometer: 9
In San Felipe

I´m in San Felipe right now. Heading south tomorrow, my exact route will depend on how bad the roads are from the race. Should be in Pescadero by next Tuesday, staying with a friend over Thanksgiving. Tentatively taking the ferry on Sunday Nov 25. Let me know if that fits into your plans.
the maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
ODSC1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
I'll be leaving London Ontario around Dec 1, trailering to Tuscon area. After that I have 2 months to head down to Panama and back. Would like to start with Baja , ferry to mainland and then Copper Canyon and continue south to Panama. Riding a nicely prepped XR650R. Would to stay on gravel/dirt roads or smaller paved roads where possible.

There are a few places I'd like to see but no planned routes, so everything is flexible. Would like to ride with someone at least part of the way.

Brian
ODSC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
0theories
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
To Panama!

Hi, I'm leaving Portland OR within the next couple of weeks and heading to SoCal to see and friend, then Phoenix to see a friend and south into Mexico from there. Don't have a planned route, but I have about four months to make it to Panama and (probably) back. Have traveled plenty solo but would be great with company. Not sure if I'll go down Baja or go through mainland. Seems like Baja is where it's at if I want to met up with fellow riders...
0theories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
Trbrennan
Bajagrngo

Oddometer: 1
Quite a bit of storm damage and road work cleanup right now on highway 1 so be on watch for washout damage
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #9
nupit OP
Adventurer

Maestro.
I'm not going to be to La paz until early Dec(at the earliest) thanks for the offer though.
Brian /otheries
I should be ready to go by Dec.1, but I'm not on a tight schedule. I'm going to check the forecast before I leave and delay if need be.
Mark