Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #136
scubadown
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Been mighty quite on this thread. Anybody up for a ride Saturday. I could host on Merritt Island or ride your way.
scubadown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #137
Kommando OP
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,562
I'm finally up for a ride tomorrow, local or otherwise. I'd even be up for Ocala NF or across-state if a few want to do an all-day ride...or even a bit further. I really haven't seen much of this state, other than Brevard and along the main highways.

I've been to Ocala a few times. The NF is sandy in most places I've seen. 'Anybody wants to borrow a front sand-knob if we do THAT ride, I've got 2 tires (80/100-21s) sitting in the garage that I can strap to the bike for the trip up. I don't recommend them for running pavement, but they usually spoon on pretty easily, and they seemed to make a pretty good difference for me in the soft stuff.

Is there anything interesting within weekend range of Brevard that anybody wants to ride to sometime soon? (GA, TN, SC, NC)

Whomever's up, gimme a call any time after 0600 tomorrow, or post in this thread. I'm not a morning person, but this phone only wakes me and the cats, and the cats will get over it.

BTW, has anybody heard how EZMan or Putzy are doin' lately?

Kommando screwed with this post 02-16-2014 at 11:02 AM
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #138
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post

Is there anything interesting within weekend range of Brevard that anybody wants to ride to sometime soon? (GA, TN, SC, NC)
Here's a few suggestions...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790508

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793521

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=821589

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #139
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
I'm finally up for a ride tomorrow, local or otherwise. I'd even be up for Ocala NF or across-state if a few want to do an all-day ride...or even a bit further. I really haven't seen much of this state, other than Brevard and along the main highways.

I've been to Ocala a few times. The NF is sandy in most places I've seen. 'Anybody wants to borrow a front sand-knob if we do THAT ride, I've got 2 tires (80/100-21s) sitting in the garage that I can strap to the bike for the trip up. I don't recommend them for running pavement, but they usually spoon on pretty easily, and they seemed to make a pretty good difference for me in the soft stuff.

Whomever's up, gimme a call any time after 0600 tomorrow, or post in this thread. I'm not a morning person, but this phone only wakes me and the cats, and the cats will get over it.

BTW, has anybody heard how EZMan or Putzy are doin' lately?

Bob (773)eight17-753one
One more within weekend distance worth a look -
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post19611700

I should be there. Good folks, and good riding to be had in the area.

I'm also looking to make the Notarally listed in a post above, but not sure.

To give you an idea of how good the folks are that gathering in Tellico Plains, one year I rode up there on a Friday to have brats & beers with my friends. Broke camp on Saturday AM and rode back to Salt Springs FL to hang with my other ADV friends at "The Scrub". Then made it home on Sunday. Several of the same folks should be at the Notarally, which is why I want to hit two in October.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #140
flwindsurf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
I'm ready 2 hit the dusty trails. Day or weekend works 4 me.
flwindsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #141
Kommando OP
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,562
I'm planning to ride up to Clayton, GA for the Terra Firma 2012 ride. For more info, see the thread in the Sandbox Forum, as well as the thread in the Southeast Forum.

I'm leaving Friday after work and coming home on Sunday. I'm going to try to leave work right after lunch, so I can be in Clayton around 10PM. Then I can get a good night of sleep and ride all day Saturday, camp there Saturday night, and ride home on Sunday. Friday will be mostly slab flying on the way up. Sunday, I may take state hwys coming back, if I leave early enough.

There are also some riders from Central FL going up. Some of them are going up Thursday or early Friday.

'Anybody wanna go ride NE Georgia?
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #142
mark1305

Hey! Any of you guys drive a silverish Corolla with a Dixie Dual Sporting decal on the back glass?

I was in traffic (in my cage) with said car this afternoon eastbound on 520 through Cocoa and into Merritt Island. Didn't see an ADV sticker on the car and didn't line up at the red lights close enough to say Hi.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #143
cadcamkenny
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Spacecoast riding

Hello all, I am new to this forum but not to Dualsporting.
Like to ride my KLR in the Merritt island wildlife refuge trails in Titusville but also want to meet and ride with others in the area. I've had the KLR since new in 98, its mounted with aggressive MT21 tires so its fun off road. Would like to check out the other off road places in central / east Florida. I also have a Super Tenere XT1200 I like to keep mostly on the street. Is anyone riding this weekend?
cadcamkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #144
scubadown
Adventurer

Cadcamkenny,

I'm up for a ride on Sunday. I live on Merritt Island and have some trails on the island and in Cocoa.

scubadown at hotmail dot com

Best

Tom
Old 11-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #145
cadcamkenny
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Message sent, hope we can meet
cadcamkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #146
mark1305

Hey! When/where are you guys going to meet up? I plan to get up (early for me) to watch MotoGP from 0800 - 0900.

I need an excuse to get out and do some riding. And meeting new friends ain't half bad either.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #147
scubadown
Adventurer

Mark

Sorry I missed your post (and IM). CadCamMonkey bailed at the last minute and I went by myself.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #148
mark1305

No problem... I missed the cue in the post to email directly.

However, I'm proud to say I did get up in plenty of time to watch the MotoGP final round. And that's something for me on a Sunday morning.

Maybe next time. I'm still balancing my tasks between getting a sailboat that I bought back around June in the water, keeping up on Jeep maintenance, and catching up on the R80 maintenance as soon as the new battery arrives this week. And in a few hundred miles, the F 650 will be due for the major service interval. I'm beginning to think I have more old toys than time to maintain & use. But older is gooder to me.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #149
scubadown
Adventurer

Sunday should be pretty, anyone up for busting up some trails?

Tom
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #150
Mustangtwo
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I may be able to join in. What do you have in mind?
Mustangtwo is offline   Reply With Quote