Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #586
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,369
Are you guys aware that his entire computer SYSTEM (not just a single computer) went sideways?

And that he's having to re-constitute it from backups that also got hammered?

Relax, enjoy an adult beverage. And remember he builds them with all of his free time.

And in case you haven't seen the pics of assembly yet, go back and look at them.

Then you'll get an idea of the time and effort he pours into them.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #587
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Several of us waited just as long or longer for product. What part of "custom product made in the basement in his free time" didn't you get from this thread? Frustrating? Sure it was. But ...you should have known it. The thread made it pretty clear.
I have to agree with this.

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #588
motomandan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjen View Post
Are you guys aware that his entire computer SYSTEM (not just a single computer) went sideways?

And that he's having to re-constitute it from backups that also got hammered?

Relax, enjoy an adult beverage. And remember he builds them with all of his free time.

And in case you haven't seen the pics of assembly yet, go back and look at them.

Then you'll get an idea of the time and effort he pours into them.

JJ
That is fine. Communication is the key. Updates are key. Keep people informed. Don't lead them on with messages saying they will ship,then don't ship them. It is not a money issue it is business issue. Poolsid e stated he would build them after receiving payment for 30. He had my payment June 29 and all 30 several. days later. We gave him time. Just time to stop with the excuses. Build pictures could be from an earlier build. Poolside speak up!
motomandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #589
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,104
Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomandan View Post
That is fine. Communication is the key. Updates are key. Keep people informed. Don't lead them on with messages saying they will ship,then don't ship them. It is not a money issue it is business issue. Poolsid e stated he would build them after receiving payment for 30. He had my payment June 29 and all 30 several. days later. We gave him time. Just time to stop with the excuses. Build pictures could be from an earlier build. Poolside speak up!
Quick...get back on your meds. If communications are your concern, then examine yours. It is what it is and for a change listen to what folks are telling you. You can still ride your bike without alterations and nobody is stealing your $$$. And lastly, there is a universe other than yours.

But wait! The Mandan are a native american tribe/nation in North Dakota, so perhaps the severe winter has you suffering from cabin fever? Naw that does not work, you are listed in MD.

Wallowa screwed with this post 11-17-2012 at 09:12 AM
Wallowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #590
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomandan View Post
Please stop polluting this thread with your neurotic posts.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #591
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,735
What am I doing?

Well I can tell you what I'm not doing. I'm not at the UCLA game! Right now I'm on the bench, the work bench. Yesterday and today I have some free time.

I got a phone call today letting me know about the recent activity in here. As JJ mentioned, I had a 15 year data loss/corruption stemming from a failed backup system. I'm still dealing with the immediate effects from the data loss and that's taking up my time. (Ever dig through a hard drive with a binary editor? ) I mentioned the issue in here some time back. So here I am setting up a cloud real-time sync system on Amazon S3. I sure wish I'd have switched to offsite sync years ago. Aaah well.

Sorry for your frustration, thanks for your patience. Thanks also for the recent orders! The normal assembly speed will resume shortly.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #592
motomandan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
update

Poolside,
Thank you for the response. All we wanted was information on the status of the orders. No need for others to start name calling. I believe if you were waiting on product for 4.5 months you would want answers as well.

Thank you ,

Dan
motomandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #593
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quick technical question: since the weather has gotten somewhat cooler, should I change the settings on my unit in order not to loose performance gains?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #594
johnjen
Mod-U-Later

Oddometer: 15,369
No.

But change the jumper and find out for your self.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #595
Traveling QMS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Mr. Marketing and Mr. Production,

I'll be leaving the mainland before too long and will not have any one to recive your fabulous product at my door.

We have untill the first of the year and I will be out of the country. My bike is going with me. Is there any chance you can make that date?

KS in ID is where I am in your list.

Warmest Regards,

KS
Traveling QMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:57 AM   #596
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling QMS View Post

Mr. Marketing and Mr. Production,

I'll be leaving the mainland before too long and will not have any one to recive your fabulous product at my door.

We have until the first of the year and I will be out of the country. My bike is going with me. Is there any chance you can make that date?

KS in ID is where I am in your list.

Warmest Regards,

KS
Hi there KS, I hope you had a good holiday. I'm going to say yes to your question. I'm pretty sure I received my yearly allotment of breakdowns. Knock on wood as they say. So yes, I'm back to the usual schedule where I have time available to work on these IICE projects.

Mr. Marketing will probably also say yes, but of course he's predisposed to say that. 

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #597
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessitori View Post

Quick technical question: since the weather has gotten somewhat cooler, should I change the settings on my unit in order not to lose performance gains?
Hi Tessitori. I posted a reply in the GSpost thread.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:42 AM   #598
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Holiday Weekend Update

Hey there folks. I trust everyone had a good Thanksgiving, regardless whether you celebrate the holiday!

Here's what's happening over here. It was a four day weekend with friends from out of town visiting family and such. But despite all that I got a good amount of time in at the bench. It looks like a batch of 30 will ship out this week, and the next batch is started.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #599
Traveling QMS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Thank you for the information. I'm glad you think your done breaking your stuff now.
Traveling QMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #600
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Ship date

Hi Poolside,
I was on your Sept. 7 built list. Any updates on shipping date?
Thanks
headstaller is online now   Reply With Quote