User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
NicolasR OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Klim Dakar pants

I want to buy a pair of these. I know they are meant to wear with underneath protection. But would these pants be too baggy fit without knee braces?? I wear 32x32 levi´s jeans, I am 180 cm tall. I was thinking in buying a size 30 to get a more adjusted fit.

Any experience?? What about fiting d30 protection?? What size should I go??

Thanks.

Nicolas
NicolasR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasR View Post
I want to buy a pair of these. I know they are meant to wear with underneath protection. But would these pants be too baggy fit without knee braces?? I wear 32x32 levi´s jeans, I am 180 cm tall. I was thinking in buying a size 30 to get a more adjusted fit.

Any experience?? What about fiting d30 protection?? What size should I go??

Thanks.

Nicolas
Hello Nicolas. I just want to say that the Dakars are not designed to use with built in armor, and d3o armor does NOT fit or work correctly in them. Some people manage to do it, but it is not intended to be used together.

Answered your other questions separately.

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
bdarling
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
I just bought a set of these pants to use as overpants on my morning commute as well as stand-alone pants on long trips. I am 5' 8", 175 lb and I usually wear 32x30 jeans, so I ordered the size 32 Dakar pants and the fit is perfect as stand-alone pants. They're on the snug side as over pants, but not uncomfortable. After seeing these pants in the flesh, I would have ordered the size 34 because the waist sinches can take out a lot of play without bunching. As for armor, I transferred the CE armor out of my Alpinestars overpants without any trouble. The knee pockets are pretty small and they do move around a bit. I would definitely recommend wearing armor on your knees for technical riding, but it seems like the armor pockets would work in a low-severity off.

-B
Old 02-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
gspdbill
noobie allover again

Oddometer: 404
Wink

I just bought a pair of the Dakars, unless you are VERY loose in your 32" jeans don't even consider going with the 30". In fact, if you're on the border go 1 size up. I wear a 36"w x 34"l and got the 36" Long Dakar, they are ever so slightly snug but I'm still losing weight so they'll be fine shortly.

Edit: I'm wearing them as an overpant (over jeans) since it's still winter here so adjust your size accordingly.

gspdbill screwed with this post 02-26-2013 at 06:35 PM
gspdbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
el queso
toda su base

Oddometer: 625
I think the Dakar run pretty true to size as a stand-alone and they're a bit snug when worn as an overpant. I usually wear mine with MX boots and knee pads, but even without the pads they do not feel too baggy.
el queso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
BaileyAZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
In case anyone is interested, I purchased a set of Dakar pants today from Rockymountainmc.com for $99 and a Revolt jersey for $31. They are on clearance. Just thought I would give someone a heads up in case they were in the market for new gear.
BaileyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
dhb400
No Regrets

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyAZ View Post
In case anyone is interested, I purchased a set of Dakar pants today from Rockymountainmc.com for $99 and a Revolt jersey for $31. They are on clearance. Just thought I would give someone a heads up in case they were in the market for new gear.
That's a good deal for some good gear. . I have been looking at the revolt jersey. How was the sizing? I have read that they run big.

dhb400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
billbob412
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyAZ View Post
Thanks a lot ,You just cost me $163.
billbob412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
BaileyAZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbye View Post
That's a good deal for some good gear. . I have been looking at the revolt jersey. How was the sizing? I have read that they run big.
I ordered it today, I will post up how the sizing of the pants and jersey are when I receive them. And on a side note, according to their site I got the last grey Revolt Jersey!
BaileyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #10
outlaws
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by el queso View Post
I think the Dakar run pretty true to size as a stand-alone and they're a bit snug when worn as an overpant. I usually wear mine with MX boots and knee pads, but even without the pads they do not feel too baggy.
What kneepads do you use? I fell on slow get off and bumped my knee on the ground and it hurt for like a week . I'm a wuss but the foam padding leaves more to be desired. I can't imagine a getoff on the road at speed. I wear sidi adventures so my mtb knee guards with shin protection won't work. I've been looking into the EVS knee pads for around $50 but don't know if it's too bulky still.

outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #11
bigborefan
Making new friends

Oddometer: 1,295
I got a pair of Dakars. i do not use them as overpants and they aren't designed as overpants. The knee pockets are worthless. Some tiny pad in there is gonna do you no good at all in a crash.

I use these. The Dakars have plenty of room for any type of knee brace.

http://evs-sports.com/store/product....cat=263&page=1

Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence
bigborefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
BillMoore
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
I wear the Troy Lee Designs 5450 Knee/Shin Guards under my Dakars. Fit great, and very comfortable...
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
japako
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
I just bought these and like the way they feel and am sure they will take a hit and keep you knee intact.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=72481

I have used d30 armor before and it has preformed extremely well.
You might call me a fan..

These are the new ones and the price is up there, but worth it to me.
I also wear a Techvest.
japako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #14
KennyV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
I just bought a pair of Klim Dakar pants. How water proof are they, what can I expect when I get caught in the rain?
Thanks, Kenny
KennyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
rootsy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Expect to get wet. Especially in the crotch.

These pants may bead a little water when new or treated, but the stretch panels pass water easily and wick water to your body very quickly.

Great pants for dry riding. The vents work well and they are very comfortable. The only annoyance for me is having to take my boots off to remove them. And a soggy crotch when caught in the rain...
rootsy is offline   Reply With Quote