ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #46
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 201
I ended up riding over to Prentice Cooper today. I had not been through there that much before so I wandered around a bit. I found the steep trail all the 4x4's love so much apparently and found myself coming out in Sequatchee Valley by Ketner's Mill. Fun ride... pretty technical. Before that I had rode along the trail that lets you see the river in the valley below. That was a nice view and a steep ride in spots.

The creek crossing has some big rocks in it.. and the water runs crystal clear. Made it through okay.

Oddly quite over there this afternoon. Saw one bowhunter with a buck that had a HUGE wide rack he harvested this morning.

Woulda probably explored a bit more and ridden a bit more aggressively but I prefer company on the really technical stuff... would seem such a waste if I get myself killed doing something stupid and there's not even anyone around to take my boots!

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #47
Wild Pig
Looks like avatar.

Oddometer: 81
So school me on SE Tenn

Interesting timing that this thread came up. I'm coming up on retirement next year and looking to relocate from the Bermuda Triangle of Baltimore-Washington-Annapolis. One of the places we are considering is the Chattanooga area. Wife wants to go to UT, I want to live somewhere that doesn't take 30% of my pension in taxes. Plus I've lived too long without mountains around me.

After 20+ years in the fire department, I'm just looking for someplace quiet. Somewhere off the beaten path that also allows the wife unit reasonable access to campus. We are planning a trip after the first of the year to have a look around. Suggestions, guidance, advice, meeting for local beers would be appreciated.

"You pass through places, and places pass through you."
Wild Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #48
Doulos
Doulos

Oddometer: 73
Bike in the shop

My countershaft seal blew out last week and spilled all my oil. Fortunately it was before I got on the freeway to go home from work (about 25 mile ride).

It is killing me not being on my bike this weekend!! its gorgeous outside.

ABhuligan - a Tellico camping/riding weekend sounds great! But I will be in SC with my family so can't go then. Have fun.
Doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #49
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
ABhuligan - a Tellico camping/riding weekend sounds great! But I will be in SC with my family so can't go then. Have fun.
If the holiday weekend is a stickler for some people, we could possibly do the following weekend, but Thanksgiving weekend currently promises some beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful weather. So give me some feedback.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #50
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 887
Doulos ~
Hate to hear about your counter shaft seal I hope it gets fixed soon!

Tim! How's you like the Prentice Cooper? I love riding up there
Which BTW ~ You wanna meet up at the Brewhause again tomorrow night, Tuesday for trivia? Brent may show up as well, you should bring your new g/f Anyone else is more than welcome to help us dominate over the teams at trivia.

The Hawk has threads showing thru the rear tire so, I need to purchase a new one

The DR should be ready after I purchase the relay, hopefully someone in town has one in stock, or I'll have to order one.

If I get the DR done in time, I'll join you Brent this weekend, or the next, whichever weekend is more flexible for people.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #51
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Which new gf?

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #52
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Whichever one is old enough to be at the bar!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #53
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oh... I better come alone then...

I will try to make it, unfortunately I been goofing off a lot and need to catch up on some work before Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can get caught up before Tuesday enough to get free. Thanks for the invite!

PC Was awesome, I need to go back with a wing rider though.

I need to work on some basic skills and am kinda looking for a good dirt only place to do that... you know, level, no gravel. Want to practice power turns and deweighting the back, etc. Maybe some nearby slight hills and jumps. Any idea what might meet that criteria as close to chatt as possible? I need to really work on basic skills.

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
Old 11-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #54
Doulos
Doulos

Oddometer: 73
Again I am amazed!

In my opinion you took the toughest road in Prentice Cooper - Haley Road! on the huge GS! wow

There are miles of easier trails out there with some dirt like you are looking for. Just need to watch out for 16 year boys in their jeeps...

BTW - does anyone know how to get an ADV sticker? I would love to have one but can't find them on this site.
Doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #55
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Hey Doulos ~

Call Mini Mike or send him a PM, he owns Tellico Moto in Tellico

I know he usually carries ADV Stickers, maybe he can mail you some.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #56
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Duolos... she's right. Saw them on the counter when i was at Mike's a few weeks back. He is closed now for winter on mon-wed. But shoot him a pm from here. he will prob answer faster that way.

You clearly are impressed with acts of insanity born of ignorance... lol. I love that kind of riding and am seriously wanting to sneak back this afternoon before the trivia game... lol. What? me work?

So much to explore!

On the camping next week is def better for me. i have to find some more gear... my ex took mine!

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #57
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Pig View Post
Interesting timing that this thread came up. I'm coming up on retirement next year and looking to relocate from the Bermuda Triangle of Baltimore-Washington-Annapolis. One of the places we are considering is the Chattanooga area. Wife wants to go to UT, I want to live somewhere that doesn't take 30% of my pension in taxes. Plus I've lived too long without mountains around me.

After 20+ years in the fire department, I'm just looking for someplace quiet. Somewhere off the beaten path that also allows the wife unit reasonable access to campus. We are planning a trip after the first of the year to have a look around. Suggestions, guidance, advice, meeting for local beers would be appreciated.
You can sure as heck find that here. Lots of great deals on vacation cabins that the owners can't seem to keep rented theses days. I have a friend who is renting a awesome cabin on the river.

Let us know when you will be in town and maybe I can join you for lunch and give some tips. I'd be happy to lead you on a sample ride that will have half new england in our backyard by march if they knew about it.

If you still want to volunteer you are welcome to my neighborhood cause my fire protection rating cannot get any worse.

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
Old 11-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #58
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

What time are you gonna be there Tim at brewhause?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #59
DriftDragon
Wanderer

now but i do not see you.

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #60
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

I'll be right there