Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #3001
Old White Truck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
Think the issues will be cleared up or is it a permanent "screwing" by some dork!.

Was beginning to research what parts are needed to put a kick-starter on my 2009!...DoH!.
frog,

I hope things get fixed at tw200forum.com soon. It is safe to say that if it weren't for the existence of that forum I might not have bought my Tdub.

As far as the kick starter kit, if you are considering buying one, you might not want to delay too long. When I ordered my kit from Bay Area Yamaha (On the Oregon coast in North Bend, Oregon) two weeks ago they mentioned that they only had 4 other kits on hand.
Old White Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #3002
n2o2diver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Chopper Charles is working on the hacked TW site.

I couldn't get on it today from my iPad or phone.

Admiral, that looks like a great ride you have planned.
n2o2diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #3003
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
Looks like an awesome ride, Admiral.

Any takers yet?

It's 700 miles from here to the trailhead. Doing the math in TW years....
Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #3004
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
trip

Hello,

Admiral,

Looks like fun ride. My friend lives in Eagle and he has ridden all over that Area. He has an xt225 and told me that there was
a tw for sale by his house. Wired him money and he bought it for me to keep at his house, my 2nd one. Rode my dr650 up there to river raft on Payette this summer. The tw he got for me is a green and white 91 and like new! He liked it so much I told him to keep it and I bought an 06 when I got home in SoCal. Going riding in the rain and mud tomorrow if it rains as it has been 75-80 for two weeks. We were on the river as the fires were across the street. The big signs on 55 said rafters beware as choppers were coming in for water!!. Love the area you live in and really like the town of Crouch. Coming up there next summer on the tw or dr, don't know, I'll buy you a beer in Crouch. My first tw is on my pic. loaded down in Yellowstone.

Heirhead
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #3005
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizrdbrth View Post
Looks like an awesome ride, Admiral.

Any takers yet?

It's 700 miles from here to the trailhead. Doing the math in TW years....

"Doing the math in TW years" that's funny, but I get it. Same math problem is why I haven't been down your way. . .yet! But, if bikerjosh puts on another Death Valley ride next October, I'm pretty sure I'm coming down that way. Looked like a fun crew to ride and camp with.

No takers yet. I wouldn't really expect anyone to commit to it so far out, May or June is realistic to jump in. However, even on bikerjosh's ride there are last minute commitments and de-commitments. I'll go with the flow.

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #3006
TheAdmiral
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by heirhead View Post

Rode my dr650 up there to river raft on Payette this summer. We were on the river as the fires were across the street. The big signs on 55 said rafters beware as choppers were coming in for water!!. Love the area you live in and really like the town of Crouch. Coming up there next summer on the tw or dr, don't know, I'll buy you a beer in Crouch.

Heirhead
When you make it back up here, give me a shout. Couple nice watering holes in Crouch, especially in the summer. Matter of fact, I got married in Crouch. Actually, we rented a cabin for our wedding weekend a few miles up the road off Scriver Creek Rd. It was a family affair. During the wedding weekend activities, we too rafted from Banks down river a ways. Then went to the outdoor theater, and had Sunday brunch at that Bar n Grill downtown Crouch. Oh, and we got married in jeans!

Also talking of the burn area you reference. I rode a trail off hwy 55 after the fire was out. Here's a link to the post I made #38. Look for the 1st video at the end of day 1. In the first minute of the video, you can see the burnt ground cover and scorched pine tree's. Small world!! http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=788178&page=3

Admiral's Voyages http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788178
TheAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #3007
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old White Truck View Post
frog,

I hope things get fixed at tw200forum.com soon. It is safe to say that if it weren't for the existence of that forum I might not have bought my Tdub.

As far as the kick starter kit, if you are considering buying one, you might not want to delay too long. When I ordered my kit from Bay Area Yamaha (On the Oregon coast in North Bend, Oregon) two weeks ago they mentioned that they only had 4 other kits on hand.
Good info O.W.T.....I'm working OT as fast as I can get it!.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #3008
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

I was able to successfully get on the TW site yesterday!....Thanks to chopper charles fix'en stuff!.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #3009
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 173
Chrome is still blocking it. Malware ahead is the message.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #3010
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAdmiral View Post
When you make it back up here, give me a shout. Couple nice watering holes in Crouch, especially in the summer. Matter of fact, I got married in Crouch. Actually, we rented a cabin for our wedding weekend a few miles up the road off Scriver Creek Rd. It was a family affair. During the wedding weekend activities, we too rafted from Banks down river a ways. Then went to the outdoor theater, and had Sunday brunch at that Bar n Grill downtown Crouch. Oh, and we got married in jeans!

Also talking of the burn area you reference. I rode a trail off hwy 55 after the fire was out. Here's a link to the post I made #38. Look for the 1st video at the end of day 1. In the first minute of the video, you can see the burnt ground cover and scorched pine tree's. Small world!! http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=788178&page=3
Hello,

Will certainly look you up. Rode from Eagle, through Crouch then to Yellowstone, Tetons and back. Over Dollarhide from Ketchum was great also along Boise River and hot springs in ? Then to Lucky Peak. My friend knew all of the back roads I just followed. Tw was great.
So much good riding in your area. What back tire do you run? Guess I'm going with Shinko on front.

Heirhead
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:21 AM   #3011
peruano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
viruses and hackers

Funny. I never got a warning other than the heading for the tw site was garbled. First for two days and then it stopped long enough for Chopper Charles to say it was fixed, and then it started appearing again. I stayed away a day or two and then I started getting buffer overflow messages and McAfee saying it was blocking buffer overflows which might be signs of hackers and or other baddies. I'll stay away awhile but I'm urging everyone to pay attention and not to ignore warning signs.

Idaho sounds great, It will depend on what obligations are competing at the time. Thanks for trying to get the community together and offering great support. Tom
peruano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #3012
Mad Mac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
The other TW200 forum has a running thread on this issue.
http://tw200.forumotion.com/t337-the...tw-site-update

There it has been reported that the Google Chrome browser puts sites on a malware list and keeps them there days after the threat is over. The IE browser and Firefox browser seem to be having no problem viewing the site.

Surf at your own risk.
2001 TW200. Ex-rides: 2002 BMW F 650 GS, 1998 Yamaha V-Max that I rode 67,000 miles in six years and had many adventures, 1979 Yamaha RD400F Daytona Special, Yamaha XT 500, 1969 Yamaha DT 175 Enduro that started it all and a Honda 90 and 110 ATV, an Indian Mini Buffalo (a 50cc Italjet) and a couple of other dirt bikes.
Mad Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #3013
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,230
Back on topic!

Why is this badass bike thread back five pages?

Heard one of these bikes for the first time yesterday. It sounded like the cam chain was a slappin'!

Do they all sound like that and do they have an automatic cam chain tensioner?
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #3014
Lizrdbrth
Wackjob

Oddometer: 865
'01-up motors have automatic tensioners.

These bikes make lots of mechanical "music". Hard to say if what you heard was normal or not.
Lizrdbrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #3015
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Noise or not I like mine!.